Sign in to follow this  
raymar

GTN750 ready for MSFS and basic package is Free.

4 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Since I have two monitors, I prefer the TDS 750 as it's fully functional. There is a mod that allows it to fit in the VC but it just mirrors what is on the main screen - no interaction in the VC. Fopr me, that's perfect because I've always popped up the 750 when I had to interact with it so it's not a big deal.

There's something for everyone.

I like the TDS but it's far from fully functional (or as functional as the RXP/F1 versions were in previous sims). My biggest gripe after using is that it doesn't "talk" to the aircraft's HSI CDI needle.  You have no lateral course guidance. (On your main instruments - there is a CDI on the GTN I'll use).

This also means you can't really fly RNAV(GPS) approaches to LPV minimums without being on autopilot.  Even then you still have no vetical guidance.

I also use the mod you use as well...which is nice...but not very great because I frequently used the mouse to interact in previous sims.  TDS says they're waiting for more SDK advancements.

I'm not too bummed though because I knew I was effectively buying a beta.  If a person were to have a touch screen monitor or tablet to use as one, this TDS GTN would be pretty decent....still the lack of CDI deflection is annoying... hopefully they can at least get that working.

As for the PMS version...where the TDS lacks, the PMS does well...mouse interaction, updated database with the sim data etc.  However the PMS fails miserably (my opinion as a pilot who actively uses these types of GPS's) as an actual navigator - doing the job it's supposed to do (like loading approaches from all available IAFs, holds in lieu of PT, not creating huge arcs when you do select an IAF etc).  This will likely be fixed down the road either by WT as they've done such an amazing job with the CJ FMS..or Asobo possibly.

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

Been using this for more than two months and have to say it's very good. I even acquired the one-year license activation key to have the full features of the premium version.

Me too, I think it's one of the best add-on's available for MSFS, love it in the Arrow.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Like Bert stated, both have pros and cons and both are still being developed.  Maybe we just cool our heels and check back for progress near Christmas.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

10 hours ago, TacomaSailor said:

Works perfectly when the FREE Premium package is added in the following standard MSFS planes:

C172/G1000

DA40NG and DA40NGX

DA62NG and DA62NGX

G36 and G36 Turbo (R. Young)

Grand Caravan

I have not had a single problem with it

The premium package is by no means free. 

9 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

but 75 usd for that is too much. 

75 euro. Check the exchange rate. You’ll barf. 

I was a beta tester for the PDM and it isn’t bad. I’m a RW pilot with a 650 in one of my airplanes and a 750 in the other, I have a lot of flight time with these GPS. Much, much easier to use than the 430/530, especially in a sim. I enjoyed it with the Navigraph charts. But I flat-out refuse to pay a subscription for something like this, and not only is €75 just completely absurd, the upgrade after a 1-year subscription of €25 is €50, meaning there isn’t even a discount for upgrading after a year. That’s just insult to injury. I like the product but was extremely disappointed in the pricing. No sale for me. 

Edited by mtr75
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

I was a beta tester for the PDM and it isn’t bad. I’m a RW pilot with a 650 in one of my airplanes and a 750 in the other, I have a lot of flight time with these GPS. Much, much easier to use than the 430/530, especially in a sim. I enjoyed it with the Navigraph charts. But I flat-out refuse to pay a subscription for something like this, and not only is €75 just completely absurd, the upgrade after a 1-year subscription of €25 is €50, meaning there isn’t even a discount for upgrading after a year. That’s just insult to injury. I like the product but was extremely disappointed in the pricing. No sale for me. 

Any experience with the GTN series in prior sims from F1 and RXP?  Your thoughts?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Any experience with the GTN series in prior sims from F1 and RXP?  Your thoughts?

RXP is based on the Garmin trainer, so mirrors the real unit exactly. Wonderful product for flight sim (P3D). 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

RXP is based on the Garmin trainer, so mirrors the real unit exactly. Wonderful product for flight sim (P3D). 

Why over 5 years of that quality development has been ignored/refused is just beyond me. And the GNS development and capabilities go back to 2002.  WAAS goes back to I believe 2009.  Just a sampling of all of the available simulation developments and tech that is lacking in this, the latest product.  Struggling to understand.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

7 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I like the TDS but it's far from fully functional (or as functional as the RXP/F1 versions were in previous sims). My biggest gripe after using is that it doesn't "talk" to the aircraft's HSI CDI needle.  You have no lateral course guidance. (On your main instruments - there is a CDI on the GTN I'll use).

This also means you can't really fly RNAV(GPS) approaches to LPV minimums without being on autopilot.  Even then you still have no vetical guidance.

I also use the mod you use as well...which is nice...but not very great because I frequently used the mouse to interact in previous sims.  TDS says they're waiting for more SDK advancements.

I'm not too bummed though because I knew I was effectively buying a beta.  If a person were to have a touch screen monitor or tablet to use as one, this TDS GTN would be pretty decent....still the lack of CDI deflection is annoying... hopefully they can at least get that working.

As for the PMS version...where the TDS lacks, the PMS does well...mouse interaction, updated database with the sim data etc.  However the PMS fails miserably (my opinion as a pilot who actively uses these types of GPS's) as an actual navigator - doing the job it's supposed to do (like loading approaches from all available IAFs, holds in lieu of PT, not creating huge arcs when you do select an IAF etc).  This will likely be fixed down the road either by WT as they've done such an amazing job with the CJ FMS..or Asobo possibly.

I use the tds with an android tablet and idisplay and it works great. Now I don't care so much about it not being integrated 

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

I had both of these and they were great. The tds version is just like those but missing a few things because of the missing apis, but I prefer it over the pms because you can do holds, fly search patterns, fly offsets plus a lot more and now with tcas working you can see traffic 

As always with the Garmin trainer based version the reason I'm not going with the TDS version is the difficulty and cost of feeding it up-to-date nav data.

5 hours ago, patrice_bambou said:

See here for the details:https://pms50.com/msfs/

Base version does not manage Navigraph charts, only the premium one does. And you need a Navigraph subscription for it to work.

That's my problem in a nutshell...a payware subscription service (PMS) to use with another payware subscription service (Navigraph) to use on a payware aircraft (JF Arrow). I'd rather they just charge me a fair one-time purchase price and be done with it. I'm not afraid to spend money...it just needs to make more sense to me than that. Love the Arrow and it's very reasonably priced, have been using Navigraph for years and it's pretty cheap for what you get. But adding another subscription layer on top of those is frankly ridiculous. Another developer will doubtless drop a GTN into the market without making you pay rent for it. 

Brian

Edited by Starlifter60
  • Like 1

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka