Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

P3Dv5.2 Hotfix 1 Now Available

The same files remain in the Shaders folder after reinstalling the client. Shaders .dat files must be either deleted manually or using the P3D batch file.

2 minutes ago, Reader said:

The same files remain in the Shaders folder after reinstalling the client. Shaders .dat files must be either deleted manually or using the P3D batch file.

I have no .DAT files in my shaders folder. They are all CSO files. Are you talking about a different folder?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

No, my typo, for .dat please read .cso.

C:\Users\User account name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Shaders\*.cso

Edited by Reader

32 minutes ago, rlaycock said:

Hi all I tried the last thing i could think of and verified files for NZSI and Buildings HD but to no effect still black textures at NZCH

At this point in time I am thinking why did I bother?

5.1 with the hot fix 1 was working fine so I am going to give it a go the uninstall 5.2 HF1 and reinstall 5.1 HF1 (client only) and see where I land

If its no better I guess i have messed it up and need to uninstall the lot and start again. I would probably stay with 5.1 hf1 as at least I felt it went ok

Any advise on how to completely remove P3D before I start again?

Thanks again if you can help.

best wishes

Bob

Sounds like you are using ORBX products. I would suggest running the file verification for all ORBX Global products as well as any regions + ORBX libs. No guarantees of course, but this solved a similar issue for me after going to 5.2 (non HF). 

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

Hi all

a Quick update

I uninstalled 5.2 hf1 and reinstalled 5.1 hf2 (client only) and low and behold NZCH airport textures are BACK

So basically

• I am back to where I was about 4 hours ago except I now have no add-on installed according to P3D an all my configurations are back to scratch.
  • note to self "never run the Delete Generated files again".
  • At this point I think I am going to stay with what i know works 5.1 hf1
  • Any advise re how to get P3D to recognize all my add ones that according to P3D no longer exist (I don't fancy a few days of reinstalling).

Also on reflection I do have a theory as to what may have caused my problem

• I am an OLD engineer, I follow the old engineering theory of "it if is not broken don't fix it"
  • Following this principal I don't update my video card drivers too often.  I have a 1080 ti drivers 452.06.  I feel they are at least one year old 
  • I am thinking this could be the cause of the black textures?
  • On reflection it sort of feels like this.

Thoughts?

Thanks again to all who posted with advise.

best wishes

Bob

Edited by rlaycock
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, rlaycock said:

I am an OLD engineer, I follow the old engineering theory of "it if is not broken don't fix it"

well in this case it was broken, HF1 was to mend it.

this has  nothing to do do with Prepar3D  5.1  which has different HF's

bob  edit .. you need to have Prepar3D 5.2 installed to use HF1

Edited by onebob

12 minutes ago, rlaycock said:

Hi all

a Quick update

I uninstalled 5.2 hf1 and reinstalled 5.1 hf2 (client only) and low and behold NZCH airport textures are BACK

So basically

• I am back to where I was about 4 hours ago except I now have no add-on installed according to P3D an all my configurations are back to scratch.
  • note to self never run the Delete Generated files again.
  • At this point I think I am going to stay with what i know works 5.1 hf1
  • Any advise re how to get P3D to recognize all me add ons that according to P3D no longer exist (I don't fancy a few days of reinstalling).

Also on reflection I do have a theory as to what may have caused my problem

• I am an OLD engineer, I follow the old engineering theory of "it if is not broken don't fix it"
  • Following this principal I don't update my video card drivers too often I have a 1080 ti drivers 452.06.  I feel they are at least one year old 
  • I am thinking this could be the cause of the black textures?
  • On reflection it sort of feels like this.

Thoughts?

Thanks again to all who posted with advise.

best wishes

Bob

Hi Bob

Helps if you let us know the install location for the following:

1. ORBX - is it in your root P3D directory or in a separate location/drive (Library)? If in a Library, then you can use ORBX Central to sync the Library with your installation
  2. What are your other addons that you want to install? 
  3. Are you familiar with using xml-based addons? If yes, have you used the Lorby-si Addon Manager?

You can still use the Scenery Manager route i.e. manually add sceneries as per the FSX method. There are some addons that you will have to reinstall using their respective installers e.g. PMDG etc. if they are in your P3D Root Folder.

Hope this helps 

Edited by Tokitaumelie

31 minutes ago, Reader said:

No, my typo, for .dat please read .cso.

C:\Users\User account name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Shaders\*.cso

Checking the official LM hotfix instructions there is no specific mention of deleting the contents of the shaders folder. Just the nuclear option of running Deleted Generated Files which I suspect clear that folder.

I did run it once with v4 and having realised its impact have never used it since. It's LM's get-out-of jail card but unless you have backups results in a lot of work to reinstate your addons.

I work on the principle of doing the absolute minimum for an update knowing if I've missed anything critical P3D will probably hang or CTD. I had no such issues after doing what I listed earler.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi all thanks for the continued help

Re bob  edit .. you need to have Prepar3D 5.2 installed to use HF1

OK this may be my mistake from the start.

I tried to install 5.2hf1 client over a 5.1hf1 would this give me the issues?

Re

Helps if you let us know the install location for the following:

1. ORBX - is it in your root P3D directory or in a separate location/drive (Library)? If in a Library, then you can use ORBX Central to sync the Library with your installation
    1. It is in a library and I seem to have fixed them
  2. What are your other add-ons that you want to install? 
    1. Just about all A2A aircraft a bunch of caranado aircaraft and all PMDG aircraft.
  3. Are you familiar with using xml-based addons? If yes, have you used the Lorby-si Addon Manager?
    1. Sorry no

You can still use the Scenery Manager route i.e. manually add sceneries as per the FSX method. There are some addons that you will have to reinstall using their respective installers e.g. PMDG etc. if they are in your P3D Root Folder.

Thanks for the help.

10 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Checking the official LM hotfix instructions there is no specific mention of deleting the contents of the shaders folder. Just the nuclear option of running Deleted Generated Files which I suspect clear that folder.

I did run it once with v4 and having realised its impact have never used it since. It's LM's get-out-of jail card but unless you have backups results in a lot of work to reinstate your addons.

I work on the principle of doing the absolute minimum for an update knowing if I've missed anything critical P3D will probably hang or CTD. I had no such issues after doing what I listed earler.

Hi thanks for the help

I have also always in the past only updated the client, and had no issues.  However this time it would appear for some reason I have complete screwed up my install.

I reported above that NZCH textures are back BUT I tried lading the PMDG 737 nu thingy and airport textures are good but no cockpit textures and some exterior textures are missing.

I am almost resigned to the fact that I will need to do a full reinstall ( which I dread ) so before I start are there any guide as to how to completely remove all of P3D?  I know from experience it seems to put folders in odd places I had P3D v4 on this same machine and although i uninstalled it I still see folders labeled P3D v4 on occasions.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

best wishes

Bob

21 minutes ago, rlaycock said:

1. What are your other add-ons that you want to install? 
    1. Just about all A2A aircraft a bunch of caranado aircaraft and all PMDG aircraft.
  2. Are you familiar with using xml-based addons? If yes, have you used the Lorby-si Addon Manager?
    1. Sorry no

Thanks for the help.

OK, best if you were to just re-run the installers for those addons.

If they were default locations, then just run the installers. In case you get prompts for repair, then try the repair install first. 

Can you try loading your A2A aircraft before anything else? You may not need to reinstall these as P3D may autodiscover them on load.

Keep us posted, kind regards

ENVSHADE Updated for 5.2HF1:

Dear simMarket Customer,

at simMarket you can now find an update or new version of your product:

TOGA PROJECTS - ENVSHADE P3D

You will find the link to download this update in your user account -> orders listing -> order number:

Envshade_patch_1.1.6.7.exe

This update brings Prepar3D v5.2 HF1 compatibility.

In order to install this update, please just make sure Envshade is properly installed then download and install the patch available from your SimMarket account.
Once installed, please update Envdir by downloading the latest installer from our website: https://www.togaprojects.com/envdir

For an easier process, you can also simply click the update button in Envdir which will automatically download and install the latest updates for all the TOGA projects products as well as Envdir.

Edited by Tokitaumelie
  • Like 2

Bob,

Best to follow the official advice posted here. http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=125187

The instructions are for v4 but the same applies for v5. P3D will only uninstall what it has installed so all your addon aircraft, scenery etc. will remain untouched.

It's painful when you have to go through this but you'll learn from it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Does anyone know what entries (or sections) have been changed in the VolumetricClouds.cfg file? I deleted the file like they say to do, but I just want to be doubly sure that it has indeed been updated.

Edit: The sim looks good, I just want to be sure.

Edited by Joseph29

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Bob,

Best to follow the official advice posted here. http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=125187

The instructions are for v4 but the same applies for v5. P3D will only uninstall what it has installed so all your addon aircraft, scenery etc. will remain untouched.

It's painful when you have to go through this but you'll learn from it.

Thanks for the link

I am not looking forward  to this but i feel at present I have completely screwed my install.

Each time I think about it It gets worse

• all the chase plain views etc
  • the bunch of ORBX true earth products I own almost all Orbx products except for airports I only have a few of them.
  • The PMDG products with the complicated unregistere before uninstaller malarkey.
  • These are just the ones I remember I am sure there will be others
  • I also am undecided as to reinstall V5.1HF1  or 5.2hf1
  • Perhaps I will hold of for a we while and see if other report good things re V5.2hf 1 before I start.

It is disappointing as I have done this procedure numerous times in the past with no issues, but this time for some reason simply updating the client did not take.  Perhaps it was because I went from V5.1hf1 to 5.2hf1 without using 5.2.   If so I am sure others would also have issues

Anyway it is late in the night NZ time so I will have a think about what I will do tomorrow.

Thanks again to all who provided advice.

best wishes

Bob