Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

P3Dv5.2 Hotfix 1 Now Available

when you say reset do you mean repair in control panel?

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

Hi

i deleted the shaders and config still no textures on airport buildings.

Somehow i can feel a full uninstall / reinstall coming.  The thought of going through that does not thrill me  best wishes bob

10 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

when you say reset do you mean repair in control panel?

Hi No sorry I mean run the “Delete Generated Files” as advised by P3dV5

try running repair in control panel ?

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

Hi all I tried the last thing i could think of and verified files for NZSI and Buildings HD but to no effect still black textures at NZCH

At this point in time I am thinking why did I bother?

5.1 with the hot fix 1 was working fine so I am going to give it a go the uninstall 5.2 HF1 and reinstall 5.1 HF1 (client only) and see where I land

If its no better I guess i have messed it up and need to uninstall the lot and start again. I would probably stay with 5.1 hf1 as at least I felt it went ok

Any advise on how to completely remove P3D before I start again?

Thanks again if you can help.

best wishes

Bob

12 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

try running repair in control panel ?

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion

I will give it a go however I have already tried uninstalled the client and reinstalled  the client to no effect so i am unsure what a repair will do.  However at this point I will give anything a go.

I really have to say that they improved the shaders and the auto expodure. in a positive way.

I finally can have auto exposure on for both day and night.

The new default VolumetricClouds.cfg is also an improvement.

If they can fix the clouds/mountains issue this  v5 really starts to look good. And they have improved performance…

Currently downloading AS (40 min in the NL)…  They have made some improvements too regarding EA.

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

@rlaycock, did you follow the instructions provided by LM? They did warn that running Delete Generated Files will require you to add your add-on scenery packages again. I never go for that option as I consider it the 'nuclear' one and is rarely required.

Here's what I did to update to 5.2 HF1...

1) Download Install_Client.msi

2) Control Panel - Uninstall P3D v5 Client. Don't deactivate your licence.

3) Rename volumetricclouds.cfg to volumetricclouds.cf#

4) Run Install_Client.msi

And that's all I did. The shaders folder gets cleared with an uninstall anyway and I didn't touch prepar3d.cfg.

If you have a backup then restore the add-ons.cfg to appdata\roaming\LM\Prepar3dv5

Performance seems slightly better with CPU0 hitting 100% slightly less on my cross-London flight to Heathrow.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

yes bob what ray says 

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The shaders folder gets cleared with an uninstall anyway

The shaders folder does not "get cleared with an uninstall anyway". Deleting the Shaders must be done manually or with the P3D bat file.

• Like 2

The problem with "Delete Generated files" is it deletes your config file scenery.cfg  which some add-on sceneries still use even though the actual scenery files are still present so its best to make a back up of this file before you run this.

Note: By reinstalling P3D from scratch these will re-generate the files removed but any references to your addon sceneries will be gone.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

2 minutes ago, Reader said:

The shaders folder does not "get cleared with an uninstall anyway". Deleting the Shaders must be done manually or with the P3D bat file.

I checked the modified date for all files and none are older than 1 hour.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi thanks for the reply

I did all that you suggest except i did not rename the volumetricclouds.cfg I deleted it as i thought that it what the instructions said

I have just tried the repair

As I say I have been doing this with P3D through a number of version and it has always worked.  However this time no textures on airport buildings

I am just about to give 5.1 HF1 a go and see if that works.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

best wishes

bob

I uninstalled the P3D v5 client and checked the shaders folder. It still contained .dat files.

1 minute ago, Reader said:

I uninstalled the P3D v5 client and checked the shaders folder. It still contained .dat files.

Maybe the installer clears that folder. I can only report what I see on my own system. It does no harm to delete them before installing the update.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather