Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Return to Misty Moorings for MSFS

I read an item this morning saying RTMM was coming to MSFS, but now I can't find it. [Can't remember which forum]

So many forums, so little time.

Anyone else see the article?

T45

• Like 1

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Is it going to be like it was in P3D where you have to download and install about 1,000 different files. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Oh god, if this is true...💗💗
These packs, sceneries, flightplans kept my fsx going for many MANY years.

• Like 3

Just now, leprechaunlive said:

Oh god, if this is true...💗💗
These packs, sceneries, flightplans kept my fsx going for many MANY years.

I loved flying there in FSX, a bunch of used to get together and have a group flight. When I moved to P3D, it was just too complicated to recreate, for me anyway. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I loved flying there in FSX, a bunch of used to get together and have a group flight. When I moved to P3D, it was just too complicated to recreate, for me anyway. 

yea, i basically only flew there, making up imaginary missions in my twisted minds. Went on many many rescue missions on the Cambria ice fields. I never really got into P3D, and made the move the XP11

Edited by leprechaunlive

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Interesting it came through on an Orbx forum.

I wonder if there will be a tie-up again?

Tongass Fjord?

Its a long time ago since I was in FSX,  but I flew many amphibian flights looking for huts & settlements.

T45

Hallelujah! I've been waiting for this to come true.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Is it going to be like it was in P3D where you have to download and install about 1,000 different files. 

As great as the sceneries were, that irritating feature kept me away.

• Like 2

Pretty sure I had this for FS2004 but in my head I get it confused with all the Tongass/Sitka addons and the ORBX PNW developments. At one point I know I only flew in that area and nowhere else. It all feels like a very long time ago now so am curious to see how this one works out. My flying habits are so very different now. 

10 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

In P3D It's the downlod of one zip file and is installed using the addon xml method. This was changed recently. 

Karl

• Like 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the new FS2020 Web Page set from RTMM. There are not "thousands of things" to download anymore. The Special Object Library for RTMM comes down to you with one click in about 30 seconds. Each cabin group is one click (there are now 3). With one click you get 11 new Sea Plane Bases that are in the cabin group areas. Four clicks/four mods and you have everything except New Eddystone Rock, which is only another one click away.

There is more than cabin placement to making RTMM work in FS2020. We have found many (almost half) of the lakes the cabins are situated upon are simply missing (dry lake beds). So we have not only put in the cabin, we have had to put in the whole lake upon which it was situated.  The geography is "close" but not nearly as exact as P3D in the RTMM area. Often we are having to do terraforming to put in a location. (For Wilson View cabin, I literally had to move half a mountain to make the location work as it does in real life.)

Our locations, this time, will all be REAL, not fictional as many were in FSX/P3D RTMM. The only exception is Misty's Place which is our "home base." But everything else has a LINK on the WayPoint table to the real world, Wikipedia, SkyVector, etc. If we can't link it, we don't put it in.

If you want to get a peek of what the SPB's are going to look like, check this RTMM Forum Thread:

https://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=5353.0

If you would like to see the some of the cabins, check this thread:

https://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=5337.0

Those plus Robert's Video (previously posted here) should give you a fairly good idea of what is coming for you as FREEWARE on July 6th. We look forward to you joining us at "virtual" Misty's Place for free "virtual" beer to discuss the "REAL" world of the RTMM area. Now you too can RETURN to Misty Moorings.

Doug/RTMM

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

rtmm_signature.jpg

Great to see RTMM coming to MSFS!

This will be a great combination with the existing freeware Amphibian C172 and XCub and the upcoming water effects in MSFS.

As others have said before, I hope it will all be kept in not more than a handful of packages which are easy to install and update, maybe with some kind of installer which handles everything with just a few clicks (FBW comes to mind). I gave up on RTMM for P3D a few years ago when there were literally hundreds of downloads available which all needed to be updated from time to time.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Great to see RTMM coming to MSFS!

This will be a great combination with the existing freeware Amphibian C172 and XCub and the upcoming water effects in MSFS.

As others have said before, I hope it will all be kept in not more than a handful of packages which are easy to install and update, maybe with some kind of installer which handles everything with just a few clicks (FBW comes to mind). I gave up on RTMM for P3D a few years ago when there were literally hundreds of downloads available which all needed to be updated from time to time.

An Amphibian like a Beaver would be a great aircraft to have in MSFS. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1