Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

New Atc software announced

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I am reasonably certain that Ultimate Traffic 2 was not BGL based, so UT Live may not be either.

UTLive injects its traffic. But it does have a frame rate based limiter unlike the current AITC program for injected AIGFP-based operations.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

2 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

Open the AIGFP file with ZIP, included are the routes and the fp, you can open them with any XML editor 😉

I had to use WinRar (which reminded me my free trial had ended) and extracted AIG_EvelopAirlines_Summer_2019v2.

When opened by Notepad++ it shows this...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Flightplan version="1.0" airport_fs="P3DV5" />

There is also a PLN folder with multiple pln files. Are those related to the aigfp file I just extracted? It's all a bit confusing. Is there a tutorial?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I had to use WinRar (which reminded me my free trial had ended) and extracted AIG_EvelopAirlines_Summer_2019v2.

When opened by Notepad++ it shows this...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Flightplan version="1.0" airport_fs="P3DV5" />

There is also a PLN folder with multiple pln files. Are those related to the aigfp file I just extracted? It's all a bit confusing. Is there a tutorial?

No tutorial, and there will be non offcial, since a faulty change here can cause major issues with thr FP later 😉

Inoffcial:

1) Open the aigfp file (ZIP fileformat)

2) Open the aigxml file (XML fileformat)

3) It as a simple XML structure and you should easily find the fltsim-titles in there to change them. After that save everything and replace the changes files.

---

The PLN directory is basically temp files, since the Sim needs a local PLN file to iject traffic or set a flightplan.

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

@Kaiii3, thank you for those instructions. I've extracted the aigxml file using WinRAR and opened it using NotePad++ with the XML plugin added.

Unfortunately this is all I'm seeing. Do I need to activate something in NotePad++?

AIGFP_NotePad_XML.jpg

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

looks more like there is no flightplan.... Can you check other files?

18 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

looks more like there is no flightplan.... Can you check other files?

Do I need to do something with that PLN folder? Move it to the same location as the AIGFP file?

No hurry, it will be tomorrow now.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

keep the PLN files there

Sorry, do you mean don’t move them from their original location?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Do not move any files in the OCI directory 😉

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 7:08 PM, Sabre57 said:

One thing that drives me crazy is that if I already have my radios tuned to the tower I still need to select the field in the default ATC. This happens in uncontrolled vfr flight.  It would be very cool if you were already tuned in to just be able to ask without having to scroll through them.  Another thing that drives me crazy is that when going from ground control to tower for takeoff approval it's a different button, button 3, to request it.  To me it would make more sense that the same button, button 1, be used for both the request and the acknowledgement. 

Is something like that in this program?  The screen shots I've seen seems to show that it's more for IFR flight..   .

FSHud completely manages conversations and channel switching accordingly - it's like a co-pilot that completely manages ATC (with pilot interaction of course). The pilot's role in this case is to confirm, request, or change critical steps - it is also not necessary that the application window would be opened during all time of flight (although through key or joystick button mappings you should be able to put FSHud in a semi-minimized state and use the mapped shortcuts. The initial release will support only IFR flights.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

My apologies for derailing the topic with talk of AIG. I’ll take my discussion over to the AIG forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

FSHud completely manages conversations and channel switching accordingly - it's like a co-pilot that completely manages ATC (with pilot interaction of course). The pilot's role in this case is to confirm, request, or change critical steps - it is also not necessary that the application window would be opened during all time of flight (although through key or joystick button mappings you should be able to put FSHud in a semi-minimized state and use the mapped shortcuts. The initial release will support only IFR flights.

It's good that it *can* do that but I would like the option of operating the radios and directing the conversation with ATC myself. It's unrealistic to have a virtual co-pilot for single-pilot ops. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

6 hours ago, neilhewitt said:

It's good that it *can* do that but I would like the option of operating the radios and directing the conversation with ATC myself. It's unrealistic to have a virtual co-pilot for single-pilot ops. 

Me, on the other hand, like it, it will replace PROATC X for me and what I liked about it, is that exact feature, the possibility to have the FO take care of the radios. I only fly IFR and tubeliners BTW.

Sergio Naiberg

1 minute ago, SergioN said:

Me, on the other hand, like it, it will replace PROATC X for me and what I liked about it, is that exact feature, the possibility to have the FO take care of the radios. I only fly IFR and tubeliners BTW.

Absolutely. And when I fly tubeliners, I do exactly that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

Hello, everyone,

If I may I would like to ask a few things. 1.Will with FSHud AI use SID and STAR procedures with all speed and altitude limits.

2.Will ATC give procedural and route shortcuts as it is often done by ATC in real life

3. Will it be possible to manage runways according to the preferences of a given airport, e.g. for Warsaw (EPWA) RWY 29 for take-offs, 33 for landings - currently I use the program that manages it available here on the forum:

I am also curious if there will be controlled separation during approach and specific requirements e.g. maintain 160 knots up to 4 miles by AI. What navigational base will the program use - Navigraph? Sorry for the number of questions, but I am very interested in this program as it looks promising.

• Like 1