Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

New Atc software announced

3 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

I somehow have the feeling thiswill not come with AIGFP Support

How can it avoid it -- the AIGFP aircraft will be detectable AI as they are currently. What stops other App support?

BTW any progress with AITC not re-generating AI as soon as it's deleted? I'm reluctantly avoiding AIGFP at present because I can't use a frame rate determined traffic limiter -- the AI is replaced as fast as it is removed!

Pete

Win10: 21H1 19043.1052
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

3 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

I like the voice of that Ray Proudfoot fella in RC4 even though he yells at me a lot🤣

🤣 I only yell when you misbehave. 😁

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2 & v3.4, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

How can it avoid it -- the AIGFP aircraft will be detectable AI as they are currently. What stops other App support?

BTW any progress with AITC not re-generating AI as soon as it's deleted? I'm reluctantly avoiding AIGFP at present because I can't use a frame rate determined traffic limiter -- the AI is replaced as fast as it is removed!

Pete

AIGFP injected aircraft do not provide the same data via SimConnect then normal BGL traffic. Basically the Sim has no info about STD/STA and so far I even was unable to extract the full waypoint list back from the aircraft (but this could be related to a bug I had that time)....

WCF-Support is comming with the 0.4 Version, there are currently a few other things that are slowing down the development.

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Hi all.

I've been in conversation with the author of FSHud via their Facebook page and he suggested I should publish a digest of our conversation here, because he doesn't have the time or bandwidth to be here in person. I want to stress that I'm not intending on becoming any kind of spokesperson or conduit here, just letting you know what I learned. Note that English is not the developer's first language. 

It injects and monitors Traffic continuously by searching and forecasting conflicts - very similar to ATC radar systems in real world (something that someone told me with ATC experience) - According that it generates possible flows to resolve those conflicts (change altitude, reduce speed, if it's on ground - then to stop) and so on.

Now few more things - When I talk about traffic - I mean User Aircraft as well - Engine doesn't have difference between AI Aircraft or User Aircraft.
Probably it was required continuously calculate Time for each aircraft and intersect it with other Aircrafts Time and Position - require lots of optimization (It is also Geospatial calculations). Also - to achieve such performance - it was required to develop own database (sounds very funny and not reliable) - but for my case I need to pull huge amount of data (navigational data, traffic schedules and so on) in very short time. All of that can be demonstrated - there is no secrets. 

Regarding User Interface - Everything that you saw is not a fake images - those are taken screenshots from the application. For now - I'm working more on what I'm calling "Content Filling" - using that engine implementation of during flight instructions - it's a small part relatively. I invested tons of brainstorming - and came to decision why other products including built-in engines has poor quality - The reason is there is no Forecasting Conflicts engine - non of those software calculates forecasts of conflicts and according that making decisions - and this thing reflects to All steps of flight in terms of ATC. 

I will give you example - In real world - on the flight clearance you probably can get "...Initial Climb 5000..." why 5000? Well there are multiple reasons - first (the easy one) - it's according to charts - probably your SID has constant flight at 5000. But what if there is Aircraft at 6000 and THATS THE REASON you get 5000 - which is called time slot. That's the reason why I wrote on the website "Get your time slot". In real world - this situation would be prevented much before. In Flight Simulator - including P3D and so on - you will climb to 5000 because this is what is written in charts and then start getting "Traffic Alert! Traffic Alert!". Same story happens during TOP OF DESCEND. You probably will not see aircrafts going around so frequently as it is in Simulator - because it is prevented at much more earlier stage. 

As you can see, we were talking mainly about the reason why he wanted to build a new ATC add-on in the first place. I can confirm that yes, it is a solo developer behind this, but also that there is real working software and it's not vapour. He's been working on this for a while. It seems that the work so far has been on the engine and now work is turning to the 'content' - correct phraseology etc. One thing he did mention is that ATC (and AI pilot) voices are cloud-generated TTS and the intention is to create a large number of voice sets that way. I suggested that allowing end-users to tweak and add new phraseology and voices and behaviour would be desirable. 

I suggested that some people in the community here might be willing to help beta test the software and help with the content etc when the time is right. Overall I got the impression that it's still early days (more so than I had thought) for this project but the core work, the heavy lifting on the ATC engine, seems to be largely done. Everything else needs filling out and tweaking before it becomes a saleable product. I do think we should encourage new developers because the ATC space needs more and better competition. 

If I learn anything else significant I will update here.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

@neilhewitt

Thanks for your notes above ........ I'm sure many are hoping to hear more as FSHud evolves.

One can only imagine the AI engine will predict weather in a timely manner to properly assign runways (even for downwind ops).

It will also be interesting to hear how parking is assigned by the AI engine ..... may need a rejig of afcads to suit.

And of course as a T7 "simmer", I would expect full PNF functionality instructed as needed by the PF .... and that PNF's voiceset being a match for that same feature in the likes of MCE (& that the addon want need a visible UI nor its own planner to function).

for now, cheers

john martin

19 hours ago, neilhewitt said:

voices are cloud-generated TTS

I recommend he have a look at https://ttsdemo.com/ and switch on the bullhorn effect (not available on all voices). Add static and squelch noises, and presto, pretty good ATC (if you ask me).

Best regards, Dimitrios

Will have a look at FSHUD thanks for sharing and see the progress...

Edited by awf

André

Posted (edited)

I know this topic is a number of months old... For those following this thread, we have more info on FSHud - Air Traffic Control...

It has been in testing and the results are quite excellent. You can read more over at https://www.simforums.com/forums/topic64597_post415707.html

The team will try to answer questions in that thread, and post more images there and in the gallery during the testing process.

FSHud.jpg

Edited by Steve Halpern
  • Like 4

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

That sounds VERY promising !

I hope ATC will use US and European phraseology.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-8700K, GTX1080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Exciting but definitely have some questions...  Do we "need" the HUD interface?  I prefer to communicate via ATC with PF3 keystrokes and then automate the comms to my virtual PNF.  Is that an option?  Also, can it be installed on a wide-fs/remote box?  I hate having anything running on my core sim box.

Also curious as to the voices but it's all incredibly exciting.  As a PF3 user this is clearly more of a traffic manager as well but interested to see how the ATC functionality will work.  Every screenshot has the FsHud interface open which is an immediate immersion killer for me personally unfortunately.  Hoping once it's "minified" as they describe it that it doesn't need to be brought up for comms...  What about diversions, altitude change requests, Oceanic Procedures, very curious... 

Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

From my understanding of the software there will be a mapping system of some kind. You would obviously need the interface at some point... such as to generate the flight and other tasks required for setting up the flight. Running it on a separate PC has not been tried yet as testing is all been on local PC's.

I am not the ATC expert in the company however (others can fly circles around me), so some questions would best be answered by other staff🙂.

What is PF3 BTW? I have not heard of that.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Posted (edited)

PF3

1 hour ago, Steve Halpern said:

What is PF3 BTW? I have not heard of that

Google search shows:-

PF3

Edited by Sparkrite

How does this interface with AI traffic (from AIG, for example)?

Replying to a couple inquiries here...

FSHud manages ATC conversations like a “co-pilot”. Using the menu options, users have the ability to change or confirm different stages of flight such as "Ready for takeoff", "Ready for descent" request, change cruise altitude, request direct to, and more.

Regarding shortcut keys - there will be the ability to select those options using keyboard or joystick shortcut keys. This way multiple technologies can interface with FSHud, thus enhancing its scope.

Regarding  AIG or similar add-on traffic packages: As long as the traffic data is part of BGL file - FSHud extracts those flight schedules, generates flight plans (because this data is missing) according to installed navdata packages (Navigraph integration is available) and injects this traffic into the simulator. FSHud tries to stay in sync with the traffic schedules provided by BGL file. Time delays may be applied because of an unavailable timeslot, or a generated flight plan block time that is much longer than the schedules written in BGL file. FSHud has full and complete control over each AI aircraft on each flight stage (taxi/takeoff/landing/airborne) by injecting specific coordinates, airspeed, and altitude, into that AI aircraft.

• Like 2

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software