Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

New Atc software announced

1 hour ago, awf said:

Time to go back to bgl files for several reasons 😉 Thinking of going old school with AI 😉

And what are those reasons?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Modern traffic generators stopped using BGL’s  to allow more precise AI traffic. It would utilize the traffic engine in the simulator by injecting traffic as required. In terms of FSHud - the fact that it uses traffic from BGL is simply because everyone has a BGL file for traffic. FSHud only uses the BGL to get the flight schedules… basically, "what aircraft is flying from where and to where and at which time". Under the hood FSHud generates its own flight plan for each flight which is much more precise than other methods. It doesn't matter which source FSHud uses, and it will require minimal implementation to add more sources. For now we are using the BGL source because it is available on everyone’s system.  After FSHud is released, we can start looking at a standardized system of sorts so anyone could use whatever traffic they may want (as long as it is appropriately designed). Then 3rd party traffic programs could export to this format, or even virtual airlines could include traffic.

There is a lot to prioritize and huge amounts of work going into FSHud… we want to get the base “FSHud ATC Engine” released,  then build from there.

• Upvote 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Steve -- will this work with UTL?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Not at the outset... but that does not mean UTLive elements could not be used as a traffic basis at some point. There are all the models, and more. It would indeed be great if FSHud could link to the elements people already have in UTLive and take advantage of it. That is what I was ultimately saying in my post above. But you could not run UTLive at the same time. FSHud would link to the assets of UTLive that are already there.

Edited by Steve Halpern

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

4 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

For now we are using the BGL source because it is available on everyone’s system. 

Unfortunately, this is not true anymore. Those who did install AIG during the recent months don't have any AIG .bgl files on their system. Traffic is solely generated by the new AIG Traffic Controller based on AIG flight plans. But if I understand you right, FSHud will implement AIG generated traffic at a later date? I guess Kai from AIG is willing to cooperate.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

It is intended that FSHud will ultimately be flexible, whether you use BGL or another FSHud format. AIG should eventually be compatible.

• Like 2

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

On 4/14/2022 at 3:56 AM, pgde said:

And what are those reasons?

Well, apart from using plans with the likes of FSHud & another ATC addon which compile their own routings for direct AI control (ie no need for AIFP's routing nor AIGTC), there are many plans available from others (not just AIG) which provide bgl's for all FIR's, particularily regional carriers that frequent hubs as much as local airports.

& besides, many appreciate the customised options possible with AIFP as well. 

for now, cheers

john martin

We have activated FSHud - Air Traffic Control for those that want to give it a first look. We will likely be making the official announcement later this week.

For more info go to https://www.flight1.com/products.asp?vid=flt1sf&pid=fshudv1

We believe it is priced quite well, at $34.95. Please make sure you check out the FAQ link at the bottom of the page.

Edited by Steve Halpern
  • Like 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Questions about the FAQ:

Q. Can I use FSHud – Air Traffic Control in offline mode?
A. Due to the server/client architecture of FSHud, a computer connected to the Internet is required.

What does the server/client architecture mean here? Can you share what work is being done on the server?

Q. I get weather data from a 3rd party program or from P3D’s live weather. Which ATIS should I use?
A. You should only rely on the ATIS messages provided within FSHud – Air Traffic Control. Other ATIS messages may not be in sync with what FSHud – Air Traffic Control is using. For added flexibility, offer the ability to override ATIS runways

So for the many of us using ActiveSky, is FSHud reading the weather from ActiveSky? Or is it live weather based upon some data from your server? Are you suggesting to turn ActiveSky off?

Edited by level7

That means that data must be passed back to the client... not everything, but major parts of the application rely on the server, such as voices and associated data, and more. Voices are cached of course.

The problem with Active Sky is that we cannot turn the airport around mid-stream. If weather and runway changes, it may not match. But we are working with the Active Sky SDK! So we hope to change the way that it works. If you depart, and the weather stays as predicted, it may work fine.

Edited by Steve Halpern

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

12 minutes ago, Steve Halpern said:

The problem with Active Sky is that we cannot turn the airport around mid-stream. If weather and runway changes, it may not match. But we are working with the Active Sky SDK! So we hope to change the way that it works. If you depart, and the weather stays as predicted, it may work fine.

so it sounds like the weather is local to our computer and not centralized from your server? then historical weather should still function in some way 🙂

Edited by level7

This product is at the ground level... yet in it's first release it really broadens the experience (of course I am biased). Things like Active Sky, and other integrations and/or compatibilities will be added as the core engine gets some mileage.

Yesterday on a test flight from KATL to KMCO, I was told to hold when crossing a runway. Not an earth-shattering event, but a little bit here really adds to the experience. I snapped photos from that and put it in the product page.

spacer.png

Edited by Steve Halpern

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

It does mean, of course, that you will have to have charts for every boomin' airport, to be able to follow runway designations.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.