Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

What's Happening with X-Plane.com

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

I am no longer able to access the support I am entitled to under the consumer law of my country.

😄

Let us know how your lawsuit goes, please!

Edited by Janov
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Janov said:

😄

Let us know how your lawsuit goes, please!

Exactly the response I expected from a 'Community Leader'. 😂  I have no intention of going to court. And you can relay that to your fellow cultists which I trust  you will do as a loyal and fully committed  Community Leader. 😀 Enjoy my cash as I have no doubt you get paid by them. PS. No reply to my email so it would seem that they wish to hang on to my money even if I can't get the products to work. The Org is fine but just be certain to tow the line.

Once you've been cancelled for heresy you've had it.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

And you can relay that to your fellow cultists which I trust  you will do as a loyal and fully committed  Community Leader.

😅👍

However...no one has asked about or seems to be missing you 😆.

Edited by Janov

1 hour ago, Janov said:

😅👍

Everybody is probably to busy backing stuff up to limit the loses when it stops working for good.

• Upvote 2

AutoATC Developer

9 hours ago, Janov said:

😅👍

It would seem so. Although I do note that whilst I am precluded from receiving any support or replies to emails I am free to make further purchases from the store.😂 The cancel culture does not apply when there is a possibility of receiving money which is just downright hilarious.😄

5 hours ago, Greazer said:

I have put all XP addon purchases on hold, under review. At least until XP sim is worth it. Which could be a very long time.

Not as controversial as it was two or three months ago - before we really knew there were no more XP11 updates coming, that the shadows, lighting and performance issues in XP11 will never be fixed and XP12 wouldn't be coming until next year at the earliest.

Saved yourself some cash being ahead of that curve.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

6 hours ago, Greazer said:

I have put all XP addon purchases on hold, under review. At least until XP sim is worth it. Which could be a very long time.

Been that way for 2 years now...

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

Not as controversial as it was two or three months ago - before we really knew there were no more XP11 updates coming, that the shadows, lighting and performance issues in XP11 will never be fixed and XP12 wouldn't be coming until next year at the earliest.

Saved yourself some cash being ahead of that curve.

The question is will XP11 users still hold off on XP12 if the new features really don't move the needle much, including performance.

1 hour ago, FlyBaby said:

The question is will XP11 users still hold off on XP12 if the new features really don't move the needle much, including performance.

Not really a question, current XP11 users not so important. There isn't that many of us and and after a lot of help from the org XP11s momentum is now long gone.

Everyone will jump on whenever something comes along that works, works well, and doesn't require more learning on how to get it working than it takes to get a PPL.

More the question for me of which devs will be left standing and ready to work if/when that actually happens.

Plenty of XP dev already on hold and abandoned waiting for that dynamic to change already.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

On 7/10/2021 at 3:20 PM, Janov said:

If your DVD gets corrupted, your dog ate it, your little brother used a stapler on it or your mom used it as a coaster... you need to contact customer support of the vendor - the store that sold you the product. Only they can help with that.

Why didn't they say so? Instead just closing the thread without any answer.

It doesn't cost nothing to give a polite answer.

5 hours ago, mSparks said:

Not really a question, current XP11 users not so important. There isn't that many of us and and after a lot of help from the org XP11s momentum is now long gone.

Everyone will jump on whenever something comes along that works, works well, and doesn't require more learning on how to get it working than it takes to get a PPL.

Not so, there were users who held onto XP10 a while after XP11 released (didn't you?). That always happens. How many is the area of concern / question.

LR does not really market / advertise XP, and they certainly don't have mass market appeal, so a large crowd of new members (your everyone) is less likely. And a 2022 release is just more time for the competition to expand and make any new features in XP12 seem ordinary (like clouds).

5 hours ago, mSparks said:

More the question for me of which devs will be left standing and ready to work if/when that actually happens.

Plenty of XP dev already on hold and abandoned waiting for that dynamic to change already.

Many Devs follow the crowd. Some will certainly stick around, but with a smaller user base, I am not sure how well that will work for XP12.

I never really followed PMDG, but was surprised to see that they don't really develop much for XP and seemingly stopped updates for the DC6....while making plans for MSFS and encouraging folk to buy from the marketplace. To me, that is a huge reality for a take that a well known Dev has regarding the 2 platforms.

However, the user base has to be there to support all development, and that (to me) is the main concern / question to be answered. Time will tell...

40 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

That always happens.

Why its not in question

How many is the area of concern / question.

Even if all of us moved over the day XP12 is released the XP userbase still wouldn't be big enough to justify teams of 3PDs larger than two people investing in XP.

XP needs to grow its userbase. Hurling abuse at newcomers and treating legitimate concerns as trolling, banning everyone who steps on all the unwritten rules is a sure fire way to ensure it doesn't grow.

but was surprised to see that they don't really develop much for XP and seemingly stopped updates for the DC6

PMDG grew large on the back of the wealthy P3D userbase and large FSX userbase.

They learnt pretty quickly from the XP DC6 that XP didn't have a userbase large enough to pay their salaries. Probably more to that story, but for all else that is all that will have made the difference.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

AutoATC Developer

3 hours ago, mSparks said:

Why its not in question

That wasn't my point....how many is the question...and it "seems" like...not enough

3 hours ago, mSparks said:

Even if all of us moved over the day XP12 is released the XP userbase still wouldn't be big enough to justify teams of 3PDs larger than two people investing in XP.

XP needs to grow its userbase. Hurling abuse at newcomers and treating legitimate concerns as trolling, banning everyone who steps on all the unwritten rules is a sure fire way to ensure it doesn't grow.

True...but that is not all on Austin. Although I was surprised to see him respond "personally" to a heckler in the comment section of his YT teaser vid.

The issue is that he did not cater to what the users was asking for (somebody else did)...nor did he looked to really partner with 3PD vendors over the years; ultimately he missed the opportunity to have in-house...what is essentially the ORG...

Ultimately MSFS has the ORG (minus the freeware section), but they showcase freeware addons and site within their weekly updates, even communicating with freeware Devs...which is how Working Title got on board.

With the release of the XBOX this, they are snagging up another "user base" segment...