Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

What's Happening with X-Plane.com

No, I was referring to much earlier posts of yours on the Org. Which I could quote together with your constant attempts to denigrate the new sim and your double speak but won't. And I would suggest we stop this now. Both sims add to the hobby and many people use both.

Edited by jarmstro

41 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Both sims add to the hobby and many people use both.

Totally agree.

2 hours ago, Janov said:

Yep, that was pretty funny! 👍

Although the .org is less likely to ban people than avsim is - by several orders of magnitude 😅.

hmmm, yeah, right, lets consider the things ive been banned for.

On the org (from most recent until I forget):

Saying XP12 probably wont come this year

Saying vulkan will be of a big benefit to Nvidia cards

Saying vulkan will be buggy on AMD cards

complaining you cant really hold a conversation because posts continually get deleted

replying to someones PM that I didnt want to continue the conversation

Complaining the store was selling aircraft marked as compatible with XP11 when they weren't.

Pointing out no refunds is illegal is most jurisictions

5 or 6 times for discussing bugs in the XP11 beta forum

Insisting a airfoil works on the bournelli principle not downwash.

Here:

Calling out x bots 

Nearly banned once for a misunderstanding, but I was given chance to clarify.

____

The org is a horrorshow, Its a dire shame so many people use it, because they are the probably the number one reason for X-Planes/Laminars bad reputation - especially when LR are the precise opposite of the entitled morons that are in charge of the org.

Absolute breath of fresh air here, and the mods (generally) do a great job of a not easy task.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

Well, knowing the way (and what) you post...I would say the banning policy of both websites works pretty much as well as one could wish for. 😆

I honestly can not think of anyone else that ever got banned at the .org (although I am sure it has happened...I just don´t know anyone).

Edited by Janov

8 minutes ago, Janov said:

Well, knowing the way (and what) you post...I would say the banning policy of both websites works pretty much as well as one could wish for. 😆

Good of you to confirm the primary purpose of the org is to misinform people about xplane. Means a lot coming from you.

8 minutes ago, Janov said:

I honestly can not think of anyone else that ever got banned at the .org (although I am sure it has happened...I just don´t know anyone).

They are still around, mostly on discord, still making and releasing freeware on a regular basis.

There's also the Threshold and X-Aviation crew of course.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

31 minutes ago, Janov said:

Me for one. Unless I abase myself.The Org is a cult tyranny imo. But so be it. I wouldn't care apart from the fact that they've had over £1000 of my money!

Edited by jarmstro

OK this morning my xplane.org is up and running....not sure what happened to the site but glad to have it back.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

Pointing out no refunds is illegal is most jurisictions

What... I got a refund from the org...also guided another member to file a paypal dispute (and he also received a refund).

20 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

What... I got a refund from the org...also guided another member to file a paypal dispute (and he also received a refund).

They were quoted

https://store.x-plane.org/About-Us-_ep_7.html

No full refunds will be provided on any software purchases, updates, or scenery CD's and all sales are final.

I linked them

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/video-games-website-steam-fined-3-million-for-refusing-refunds-20161223-gthdux.html

= "Banned"

They also deleted the thread.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

54 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Got it...

This is why I usually use paypal when shopping on sites like this. PP has always made the vendor refund my money...they really protect consumers.

My issue with the one org sale was that the plane did not have the avionic features as advertised; the Dev even admitted (on the forums) that the features no longer worked in an updated version of XP and that I should be refunded.

27 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

Got it...

This is why I usually use paypal when shopping on sites like this. PP has always made the vendor refund my money...they really protect consumers.

Main benefit of any of the regulated financial entities, they'd lose their licence to handle peoples money if they allowed vendors to break the law, same applies with credit cards.

27 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

My issue with the one org sale was that the plane did not have the avionic features as advertised;

My issue with the org is they are really just another webstore (mostly) pretending to be a non profit community site.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/.org

Community sites generally exist to help people avoid stuff like that, not trick them into it.

I really really hope we get an ingame marketplace in XP12 - especially one that would allow transferring purchases between desktop and mobile, might also give LR a fighting chance against their competition.

Even something like DCS offer would be a huge leap forward.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

30 minutes ago, mSparks said:

I really really hope we get an ingame marketplace in XP12 - especially one that would allow transferring purchases between desktop and mobile, might also give LR a fighting chance against their competition.

I'm not sure about this one, or only if they don't treat 3rd party devs like they do with other market places:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/582275-rxp-gtn-750650-and-gns-530430-for-fs2020/?do=findComment&comment=4554785

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

54 minutes ago, RXP said:

I'm not sure about this one, or only if they don't treat 3rd party devs like they do with other market places:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/582275-rxp-gtn-750650-and-gns-530430-for-fs2020/?do=findComment&comment=4554785

All market places have problems, and I don't mean excluding fully independent third party plugins.

(as an aside, congrats on getting RealityXP XBOX ready, I'm sure they'll get to you soon enough)

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 2

AutoATC Developer

Main benefit of any of the regulated financial entities, they'd lose their licence to handle peoples money if they allowed vendors to break the law, same applies with credit cards.

In my experience, Paypal is much simpler and faster to get a resolution / refund than the major credit card institutions, and you can immediately communicate (last time I used it) with the Vendor. I had vendors refuse to answer emails until I used the PP portal, they would answer then...immediately.

I hope we get an ingame marketplace in XP12 - especially one that would allow transferring purchases between desktop and mobile, might also give LR a fighting chance against their competition.

IMO, LR needs an in-game store for the continued revenue to fund further / frequent  development etc (much like the continued revenue they get from the mobile platform).

But hey, it has to make sense (not necessarily business sense) to Austin. Given his track record...I don't see it happening, but I would definitely support an in-game store if he did. 

3 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

in-game store for the continued revenue to fund further / frequent  development etc

It does much more than that, it adds enormous value to the product itself.

PS4/PS5 - even Sony themselves would be nothing without PSPlus

Sink holes like the org do more damage to the XPlane brand than an infinite army of x bots ever could. 

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 3

AutoATC Developer