Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

What's Happening with X-Plane.com

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

Sink holes like the org do more damage to the XPlane brand than an infinite army of x bots ever could. 

For me, the org actually saved XP.

Aside from the drama that goes on in the forums (much like many other forums), the members really do go the extra mile to help others with any issues.

The freeware section has definitely expanded the usefulness of the sim for me, and I have not had any serious problems with their store.

To me, the Org is a good source for many things XP if you can stay away from the nonsense.

5 hours ago, mSparks said:

I really really hope we get an ingame marketplace in XP12

Should have done it a long time ago. By now the horse has already bolted. Most developers have set up shop on the other side of the fence. A marketplace would not be a success and would only alienate the Org etc.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

the members really do go the extra mile to help others with any issues.

Oh, the XP community - in fact the flight sim community in general is awesome (sibling revelries aside), and the org really is the biggest flight sim site by quite a mile.

But the admin are also really (really) abusive to new comers (which I guess was the motivation behind flighsimassociation), and go out of their way to undermine any freeware/payware/developers that sits outside of their little clique.

E.g. They banned Mr Fahrenheit for posting his custom fmod for the 777 in the airliners section.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

and the org really is the biggest flight sim site by quite a mile.

Really? What about flightsimulator.com. It seems much busier than the Org?

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Really? What about flightsimulator.com. It seems much busier than the Org?

I think if you count all that the org has to offer outside of the forums.....freeware....store etc.....it is quite large.

41 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

I think if you count all that the org has to offer outside of the forums.....freeware....store etc.....it is quite large.

True enough with regard to the freeware. I wish they had an addon scenery map.

As for the store it's fine as long as you don't say something they don't like and get banned by the biased elitist tyrants masquerading as moderators and 'community leaders' because if you do, support for any issues you may have for products you have bought is denied. Beware!

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

As for the store it's fine as long as you don't say something they don't like and get banned by the biased elitist tyrants masquerading as moderators because if you do support for any issues you have for products you have bought is denied.

True that is an issue.

I thought that users still had access to the support threads even if banned. At this point, I would only post if needing help or helping someone, the bias over there for any other discussion / opinions keeps me away.

I have not purchased from the org since the summer of 2019, but I do still update products and check the freeware section.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FlyBaby said:

True that is an issue.

I thought that users still had access to the support threads even if banned. At this point, I would only post if needing help or helping someone, the bias over there for any other discussion / opinions keeps me away.

I have not purchased from the org since the summer of 2019, but I do still update products and check the freeware section.

No. You can't post anything and there is no support once you have been Cancelled. You are done. No matter how much money you have spent in the store.

• Upvote 2

I did not know that if one got banned that access to support forums would be cancelled.  This is not acceptable, the two things should not be connected.

However, I learned a long time ago about power, power base, who holds it, how it can be used.  And I have once accidentally actually said something I shouldn't have apparently, but innocently, I was notified and that ended it, years ago.  

Just don't poke the bear and you won't get clawed to death. Let sleeping dogs, well, sleep. 

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I've been there for AGES, and while I know of some cases of "abuse" in terms of ban policy, at least when I am told about how it happened, truth is I have always been critic about either addons or X-Plane itself as a simulation platform, and I was never even warned about it.

The worst I got was Austin himself, poor guy, tired of my complaints in a thread where I bombarded him with complaints ( Austin was then a frequent participant at the forum ) and he wrote, in "despair" 🙂  - "José has nothing to do ! "  🤣

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

16 hours ago, jarmstro said:

As for the store it's fine as long as you don't say something they don't like and get banned by the biased elitist tyrants masquerading as moderators and 'community leaders' because if you do, support for any issues you may have for products you have bought is denied. Beware!

I asked on .org what to do if my XP11 DVD 1 gets corrupted. I thought there was some routine how to get it replaced without have to buy XP11 again. But the thread was closed without any answer. Such topic was not allowed to discuss.

4 hours ago, msiipola said:

I asked on .org what to do if my XP11 DVD 1 gets corrupted. I thought there was some routine how to get it replaced without have to buy XP11 again. But the thread was closed without any answer. Such topic was not allowed to discuss.

Maybe because some folks were giving you "shady" tips on how to bypass the requirement to have a DVD in your drive? ...which could be used to pirate or share your X-Plane copy. Talking or sharing those techniques will not be tolerated in any decent forum as they are almost always outside the EULA.

If your DVD gets corrupted, your dog ate it, your little brother used a stapler on it or your mom used it as a coaster... you need to contact customer support of the vendor - the store that sold you the product. Only they can help with that.

53 minutes ago, Janov said:

which could be used to pirate or share your X-Plane copy.

But perfectly legal most if not all places even the good old US of A

Unlike the org store refund policy which breaks even the most basic of consumer protections.

Not surprising how the org believes everyone is as willing to break the law as they are, most communities assume innocence until proven guilty (Japan being a notable exception).

• Upvote 2

AutoATC Developer

21 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I did not know that if one got banned that access to support forums would be cancelled.  This is not acceptable, the two things should not be connected.

To be fair I suppose you could register a new account on your wife's laptop to access the payware support forums. But if you get found out I expect you would be pilloried and banned for being banned?

45 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Unlike the org store refund policy which breaks even the most basic of consumer protections.

Yesterday I requested a full refund for all my purchases (well over £1000) on the Org because, being banned, I am no longer able to access the support I am entitled to under the consumer law of my country. I have yet to receive a reply and very much doubt I will receive one.😀