Sign in to follow this  
177B

U5 actually really rocks. For me at least.

I have had good success of the update of finally being able to use VR without stutters and the rendering light changes help the brightness in the headset. No problems yet apart from some custom waypoint issues in the 172 G1000 seaplane issues post recent hotfix; was working after the patch.😑

Edited by simon747
  • Upvote 1

Simon

After a week, my observations vis-à-vis the most common complains:  

- not more CTD than before and I had none,

- rare pop-in,

- unpleasant overexposure that can be alleviated in part with game filters,

- clouds are the same as before,

- a little gain in performance,

- messed up preset controls maps causing what seemed to be bugs and were not,

- trafic is ok,

- the coastline morphing is as bad as ever in some places (Malta yesterday !),

- degradation of autogen textures in some situations.

Flying the XCub and the DC-6 only. Nothing in the community folder except the PMDG bird. The floatplane landing gear « bug » is a case in point of the problems  that non-updated or heavily tweaked mod addons can bring about. 

These are my observations, YMMV. 

Recommendations : fly vanilla first, add addon one by one, check your controllers map.

In any case, for the PC user that I am, this 60 GB update doesn’t make any sense.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Hello!

Im also one of the people that have experienced very little issues after SU5 in regards to stability. The main issue I had before SU5 was stutters and thats almost gotten ridden off and now its smooth as butter, which Im very happy about. I think I've had 1 or 2 CTDs at most and I fly usually every day for a couple of hours. Installation took 1 hour and 41 minutes (yes i clocked it for curiosity). Thats stability summed up for me. In regards to visuals theres definitely been some downgrades. Clouds has more artifacts and taxi/landing lights have some issues aswell, same with the in game "flashlight". Pop ins are definitely more noticeable too. I think thats about it for me.

It's really nice not having to worry about a drop in fps no matter where I go in the sim.

I hope they don't revert back the changes based on pressure from vocal minority.

• Like 3

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Glad you like like it. I'm running a clean install of Windows 11 beta with a clean install of MSFS, Navigraph and FBW A320neo Dev and it's running like a dream. Really sorry for all the folks having horrendous problems. 

The only and biggest concern which has kept me grounded for a few days now, is the live weather bug. The upper atmosphere temperature bug. Is it still going on? Other than that, I was quite pleased with the update. The performance is way better than before.

Tapani Österberg

Thinking of my last post, I suppose I was a litle unfair and need  to make a correction. The gain is more than 'little'. Curiously, I dont see it or much everything being equal (graphic settings). To see it, I have to uptick the parameters : I am flying the Xcub with floats over beautiful PGed Vancouver with sliders pushed to 200/150 and I am impressed . 

I still don't like the new lighting but I would be dishonest  not to say that the update grows on me. Now that applies for my type of flying, yours experience may differ. 

And I reserve the right to change my mind if my next flight is a disaster 🤣 !

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I've got very little experience but thus far the update seems good on my end.  I actually just loaded it up yesterday and went to do some of the exploring activities, even used the AI Assist feature (how cool btw) and everything on my end was great.  I don't have enough time to say conclusively I don't have issues and feel for those that do, I was there with an MSFS that wouldn't even install at one point but my limited experience with SU5 seems fine thus far... 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Using a 1080p monitor / settings on High, and found that I had to move up Terrain LOD to 200 from 100 to regain the same level of terrain detail that I had pre-SU5.

For me, I could only use “High” prior to the update without minor performance issues, but now can move all the way to “Ultra” without issues. Both LOD sliders are now at 200.

Was maintaining close to 40 fps flying around NYC with that configuration. 

Even though MSFS works great for me post SU5 i get it that it is broken for a minority of users. What really sucks is how trashed this forum becomes after every update. 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro