Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.18.15.0 is now live!

My thoughts --- Looks better, I was even able to get the Overcast looking more fluid with fewer tweaks, looks like they improved some of the coloring and lighting in the clouds. I did see some POP-IN south of Zurich, maybe it was the PG area (I was flying pretty high so hard to tell). There is no question the textures are sharper, especially the ground tiles from higher altitudes.

That said, I had a Trim bug in default King-Air I've never seen before, trim stopped working so I had to enable Auto-Pilot, then disable to get it working (even though I had never turned on AP before in this flight). Could have just been a one-time glitch, no idea.

CR0VmL2.png

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

5 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

My thoughts --- Looks better, I was even able to get the Overcast looking more fluid with fewer tweaks, looks like they improved some of the coloring and lighting in the clouds. I did see some POP-IN south of Zurich, maybe it was the PG area (I was flying pretty high so hard to tell). There is no question the textures are sharper, especially the ground tiles from higher altitudes.

That said, I had a Trim bug in default King-Air I've never seen before, trim stopped working so I had to enable Auto-Pilot, then disable to get it working (even though I had never turned on AP before in this flight). Could have just been a one-time glitch, no idea.

I’ve had the inop trim bug show up in many aircraft post SU5 - quite widely reported on the official forums but don’t believe it was on the fix list yet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

Something to think about

There is something just a little sinister about this video. It's not what is said, but rather what is not said.  The inference is that you "may think you are in ultra mode, but you are not".  In fact the title suggests this too. Well, considering everyone is comparing their notes on post HF2 performance, to then tell everyone that you have to switch back to low end then to ultra to ensure you are comparing apples with apples is a big confidence hit on whether the HF2 fixed anything. This leads to people using this problem as an excuse or as advice to someone as to why HF2 may not be giving them the lighting or LOD performance results they are looking for. This is then followed by "Come on Asobo, what are you doing? HF2 was supposed to fix this! "  Eye roll. 

What is said, is that this issue applies to 'graphics'.  So, while mousing over the Global Rendering Quality setting, the narrator states,  "I think I'm in Ultra but evidently I am not".   The inference that must be taken form this is that all graphics settings must be affected.  This is most certainly not the case!   

The narrator references the building graphic state but never once refers to the most obvious clues that the runway textures and clouds are in Ultra and it is just the building that is not.  

Here is his starting point,  EGNX.  This airfield evidently has a problem in this regard and there is a list of other airfields which exhibit similar issues. No one has done a tally of course and I don't doubt the veracity of the list of affected airfields, but I have certainly not come across any so I suggest there may be many that don't have this issue.   

Images

So the narrator starts with this view after loading from the main menu. (Note: these are my images to show replication of the issue).   He points out the building that has no windows. He doesn't comment on the ultra clouds and runaway textures.  ByuRyrF.jpg

He then makes changes to the Global Rendering Quality by selecting low end and shows us the result below.  He hovers over the building and comments "nothing's changed....definitely not ultra" But doesn't comment on the glaringly obvious changes to the clouds and runway textures, which by his own logic screams out that these were in Ultra until he changed the Global Rendering Quality settings.  

OtH6wJG.jpg

He then changes global rendering quality back to ultra, saves and resumes the sim. He then states,  while hovering his mouse around the building, " Look at all the detail that was in the ultra mode, but wasn't when I was set to Ultra." 

Again, he ignores that the cloud and runway textures have returned to ultra which they were originally.  

bC10ffV.jpg

The issue, if it isn't already blindingly obvious,  is the Building graphics mode selector, not the Global Rendering Quality selector. I accept there is in an issue with this Building graphics selector and that what ever you do with it doesn't stick when next you go back to main menu. But in the interests of ensuring we give Asobo a fair assessment of what we are seeing, it is important to take this video with a grain of salt. It's title is click bait and suggests all your issues may be related to the Global Rendering Quality setting not remaining in ultra when that is not the case. There is an issue with the Building graphic selector not sticking but this does not appear to affect every airfield. 

In any fault finding, it is important to really identify the problem before you can fix it . So if someone says their building appears bland, then this video may help.  But if someone complains that their clouds or LOD or ground textures or lighting or anything else do not appear as expected, do not respond with "are you really using Ultra mode?, you know there is a video about this" . 

Because there isn't!   At least not this one.  Rolls eyes again.

Edited by Lord Farringdon
Spelling, punctuation and grammar.
  • Like 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

19 minutes ago, Lord Farringdon said:

I don't think any of the 'saving' problems were addressed in this fix. 

Edited by Romeo_Tango

Robin

24 minutes ago, Lord Farringdon said:

I accept there is in an issue with this Building graphics selector and that what ever you do with it doesn't stick when next you go back to main menu.

What I have found is that if you edit the .cfg file, all values including building related drive do the display when you start the sim, without the need to toggle to Low-End, apply, the Ultra, Apply.  Or with LOD-Objects slider.  Once you open Graphics settings in-sim it readjusts to 2.0000.  I set both LODs manually at 4.0000 in the .cfg file, after which I was unable to complete loading of Roman Designs very beautfully done but hard on perf CYOW.  I went back to 3.5000 and was then able to load to a gate.  The sum total of VRAM and SysRAM had finally exceed the ~15Gb that normally is showing (RTSS) almost anywhere you are in MSFS using Ultra settings--this time up to ~18.5Gb using LOD 3.5000.  GPU use went to the mid to high 90%, and panning was too choppy to proceed.  When I go back to the Main menu and reload a new flight, the settings are retained, i.e whatever I set them at in the .cfg.  But if you open the graphics settings and save any change, it does go back to 2.0000.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I feel slighted by having my computer's capabilities rolled back since SU4

I invest many thousands into my system now it's ignored by Asobo

Nice colors and detail from high but when landing at KLAX and all buildings are still white without any detailing yet is a disappointment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peppy197 said:

Nice colors and detail from high but when landing at KLAX and all buildings are still white without any detailing yet is a disappointment

Have you done what was suggested several times before and reset your graphics settings?

Because my LAX buildings look just as they did in SU4.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

The lighting is better than in SU 4, at least in some ways. At my custom airport, there is no longer nearly as much color change to the textures when I tilt the camera and view buildings at different angles. It could be my settings or something else, because it's hard to always be sure, but that is just what I have found. 

Edited by Alpine Scenery

1 hour ago, peppy197 said:

Well, you bet on something happening that was never assured.  Asobo isn't ignoring high end systems but remember there stated goal was to get it to run well on Xbox, which it will.  Going forward they will start exploiting high end hardware very likely thru more controls.  You can start exploiting your hardware today by editing UserOptions.cfg and change LOD Terrain and Object to 4.0000, or greater and see how things go.  Plus, it's still WAY TOO EARLY to conclude where it will go now that Xbox capabilities have been met largely.  As for no detail you must have something set up wrong.  I just flew from KSNA to KLAX and here are a couple of shots:

KLAX.png

KLAX-1.png

KLAX-2.png

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

4 hours ago, michaelray said:

Yes same here. With G-Sync enabled, the screen tearing is quite bad. Especially noticeable when you switch views but also noticeable when panning.

As Republic3D stated, I haven’t experienced this before either.

Yep, it's very noticeable when you fly with TrackIR and are looking around. 

I don't know if this became an issue after Hotfix 1 or Hotfix 2, but G-Sync is now broken in sim on my system.  

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

11 hours ago, DylanM said:

GL. Try setting vsync on in sim @60fps.

I’ve been running that and don’t get the FPS drop that you get in other sims.

If you set V-sync on and 60 fps, do you get only 30 fps? or does it stay locked on 60? 

I've seen people claiming you get half of what it's set to in sim. Or does it have to be set on half rate in Nvidia Control Panel for that to happen?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S

And now I made G-Sync work again for some reason:

In Nvidia Control Panel,
Anisotropic filtering to Application Control (was 16x)
Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance. (was normal)
Anisotropic sample option OFF
Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias to Allow (was clamp)
Texture filtering Quality to Quality (was high quality)
Texture filtering Trilinear optimization to On

And then I went to Set up G-Sync and enabled G-Sync again (was already enabled but why not try). 

Now G-sync works, but the fps is rather low for my specs. They're not better than in SU 4.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Now G-sync works, but the fps is rather low for my specs. They're not better than in SU 4.

At least it works...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Republic3D said:

If you set V-sync on and 60 fps, do you get only 30 fps? or does it stay locked on 60? 

I've seen people claiming you get half of what it's set to in sim. Or does it have to be set on half rate in Nvidia Control Panel for that to happen?

On my MSFS I have V Sync 60 FPS and I was getting 40 FPS. After the hotfix I am getting 45.  These are around built up areas.  Parked somewhere quiet cold and dark it will reach 60 and wont go any further since it's locked above that.   

I7, GTX 3060, 32GB.

Edited by Lord Farringdon
Add computer spec's
  • Like 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

On 8/7/2021 at 1:21 AM, Tailwinds said:

Why are you thanking them for something they broke in the first place! 

Nothing broken for me. Everything is correctly installed

Apart from FS's youthful flaws I thank the people I want and it gives me a lot more "LIKE" in 30 seconds than you.

Objection?

• Like 2

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.