Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.18.15.0 is now live!

14 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Try resetting your graphics, data and cache options in sim - the issue with saving settings may still be unresolved. 

Thank you.

Yep, I've been playing with the sliders and graphics settings for a bit now after landing. It's kind of weird, my fps seems to be down after the SU5 update. I don't have V-Sync on, I don't have limited frames in the settings. But I do have G-Sync on in Nvidia Control Panel, and my monitor is set to 95 Hz. The in-sim frame rates are now about 34-40 at an airport, and up to 50 while flying over open water. Usually fluctuating between 45 and 50. And I'm getting screen tearing that has never been there before. It's almost as if the sim is running half my G-Sync FPS / Hz.

Turning on and off settings didn't fix it. So I might have to dive into NCP and tweak things there and see what happens.

And I did delete local cache and enabled it before the flight.

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 minute ago, Republic3D said:

Thank you.

Yep, I've been playing with the sliders and graphics settings for a bit now after landing. It's kind of weird, my fps seems to be down after the SU5 update. I don't have V-Sync on, I don't have limited frames in the settings. But I do have G-Sync on in Nvidia Control Panel, and my monitor is set to 95 Hz. The in-sim frame rates are now about 34-40 at an airport, and up to 50 while flying over open water. Usually fluctuating between 45 and 50. And I'm getting screen tearing that has never been there before. It's almost as if the sim is running half my G-Sync FPS / Hz.

Turning on and off settings didn't fix it. So I might have to dive into NCP and tweak things there and see what happens.

GL. Try setting vsync on in sim @60fps.

I’ve been running that and don’t get the FPS drop that you get in other sims.

• Like 1

Just now, DylanM said:

GL. Try setting vsync on in sim @60fps.

I’ve been running that and don’t get the FPS drop that you get in other sims.

Thank you, I did try it but the FPS stayed the same, 35-40 on the ground at the airport. I think something else is overriding my settings. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S

3 hours ago, devgrp said:

Those 2 fsdt airports has been updated fyi

I have fully update them upon the release of SU5 but still the same issue unfortunately.

Night flying does not look as good as before SU5 even with the hotfix. Maybe it looks great in HDR but on my SDR TV, not so much. Looks like a sepia mask over the ground in cities. X-Plane 11 even looks miles better in terms of night lighting.

In daytime, whilst the colours are better there is still far more bloom than before SU5 and the shimmering on trees and buildings are still the same in 4K, i.e. bad and lots of shimmering at a certain radius.

It feels like Asobo fixed the sim a bit to pacify some of us but it still does not look as good as SU4, at least on my screen. I am sure in HD and 2K it looks better as well as on HDR TV/monitors when compared to 4K SDR.

Not a complaint, just my feedback.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

I have fully update them upon the release of SU5 but still the same issue unfortunately.

Maybe the "old" airport is still stuck in your local cache. Try deleting it and creating a new one?

7 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Maybe the "old" airport is still stuck in your local cache. Try deleting it and creating a new one?

Will give it a go. It's worth a shot. Thanks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Mike the best thing to do is open the ATC window take a screenshot and also show that your (even in the USA) on 29.92. So He can see.

We've been through this before and I've posted a couple of times on the differing altitude models in play. I believe the only way it will currently work correctly is to use a standard day model, ie clear skies. Then the sea level pressure is 29.92 and the geometric and pressure altitude models are correctly aligned in the sim when you put 29.92 in the window.  

Edited by mobeans10

11 hours ago, splash99 said:

No update here, I tried many times in Microsoft Store and it still says 1.18.14.0. If I launch FS it appears a message regarding the update and I can't play.

I see these messages after every update. Makes me glad I have the Steam version. The Steam version will automatically download these small patches before the game even launches. And then there could be a large in game patch that appears after 'searching for updates in MSFS (but not this time).

Everything works more pleasantly with Steam!

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I've just solved it by.... opening Xbox app. I don't know the reason, but keeping that app open, when I looked for updates in Microsoft Store the FS 1.18.15.0 started to download.

Just did 4 VFR flights for the Boston ARTCC event without quitting to menu between.  No CTD's, colors are much improved, and I think the draw distance for buildings is better as well.  Performance is great when looking straight ahead, but when looking around on the ground or in the pattern I definitely got stutters and decreased frame rate.  Was particularly bad in Providence.  Hopefully when they give us the ability to cache scenery, the stuttering from side to side will decrease.  Still a very solid Hotfix for me.

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

6 hours ago, Republic3D said:

But I do have G-Sync on in Nvidia Control Panel, and my monitor is set to 95 Hz. The in-sim frame rates are now about 34-40 at an airport, and up to 50 while flying over open water. Usually fluctuating between 45 and 50. And I'm getting screen tearing that has never been there before. It's almost as if the sim is running half my G-Sync FPS / Hz

Yes same here. With G-Sync enabled, the screen tearing is quite bad. Especially noticeable when you switch views but also noticeable when panning.

As Republic3D stated, I haven’t experienced this before either.

• Like 1

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

7 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

So after a few flights I'm pretty confident that I've lost a few frames, but the visuals are breathtaking - so I'll take that.

I compared fps using the Dev Mode counter. Always exactly same situation (C172 on RWY 28R at KSFO). Community Folder empty. Exactly the same settings.

Before SU5: 29 fps

After SU5: 37 fps

After SU5HF2: 36 fps

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 minute ago, pmb said:

Before SU5: 29 fps
After SU5: 37 fps
After SU5HF2: 36 fps

Thank for posting your findings, pretty interesting.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

2 hours ago, steve310002 said:

Night flying does not look as good as before SU5 even with the hotfix. Maybe it looks great in HDR but on my SDR TV, not so much. Looks like a sepia mask over the ground in cities. X-Plane 11 even looks miles better in terms of night lighting.

In daytime, whilst the colours are better there is still far more bloom than before SU5 and the shimmering on trees and buildings are still the same in 4K, i.e. bad and lots of shimmering at a certain radius.

It feels like Asobo fixed the sim a bit to pacify some of us but it still does not look as good as SU4, at least on my screen. I am sure in HD and 2K it looks better as well as on HDR TV/monitors when compared to 4K SDR.

Not a complaint, just my feedback.

I fully believe they are in it for the longer haul and absolutely will add controls to access greater levels of detail where hardware can support it.   My sense is most Xbox users and certainly most PC users don't have screens that support HDR, so I find it odd to assume they would be optimizing for HDR.  And there is certainly a control already w/in sim for those who have HDR, so therefore presumably for those who don't.   As the sim loads it looks for HDR or not and loads that set of shaders, or something along those lines, that does not sound technically challenging to me.

What's painfully obvious is that, even from a performance standpoint, it's currently well-tuned for Xbox SX in that w/ LOD set in-sim to Ultra, you see about 15-16Gb of total RAM in use on PC, so sum of VRAM and SysRAM, whereas my PC which isn't that dissimilar to others here, I have 32+8Gb or 40Gb of total RAM to use.  Currently, what I'm sensing is the amount of VRAM that is used as cache for in-cockpit, is insuffient when you raise LOD to about 250 or more on my machine.   When I go to 300 or even 400, panning is very bad news w/ my vsync'd 30fps drop immediately down to very low numbers and so it's unuseable.  While cranking up LOD to 400 will get the sum total well over 16Gb, again there does not seem to be sufficient cache allocated for panning in cockpit.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X