Sign in to follow this  
BlueSwurl

PMDG 747 Worth buying in 2021?

The enthusiasm for the 747 is such a nice thing to see.  It's the QotS, what more reason do we need to fly it.

Cargolux 744, 748 routinely fly into KIND Indy from ELLX Luxembourg. Then KIND-KORD, or KLAX, or back to ELLX.

Justsim ELLX

HQkYey1.jpg

Taxi2Gate KIND

GXAj1x4.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/9/2021 at 8:28 PM, w6kd said:

Look for Quantum Leap in the AVSIM library.  It's listed as an FSX utility, but it also works in P3D.

Thank you Bob. I downloaded the utility and I'm about to test it. Did not know that you were the creator of such a cool utility. Just wanted to say thank you.

Yes, I read the Readme,txt. :biggrin:

Bummer I just bought $100 odd dollars of expansions the other day! 

I did however pick the QOTS + Expansion pack as that was the only one I didn’t have. 

Thanks for the heads up 👍

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

I think it's WELL worth it! It's the best 747 in any sim right now. The MSFS version isn't coming until next year, so there is plenty of time to get your money's worth with this product! 

• Like 1

1. Don't restrict yourself to real world airline/aircraft type routes and combinations.

2. See number 1.

• Like 7

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

This Thread just picked up my ZSPD-RJTT today with PAC212 😀 744F

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Or you can just fly it empty on a ferry flight between Manchester and London with just 22T of fuel on board.

That’s a lot of fun, 15 degrees nose up passing 2000ft before the end of the runway type fun !

Edited by jon b
  • Like 6

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

On 8/9/2021 at 4:28 PM, w6kd said:

Look for Quantum Leap in the AVSIM library.  It's listed as an FSX utility, but it also works in P3D.

Hi Bob, Quantum Leap works a treat. much more stable then using the sim map to leap ahead. Thanks.

Vic green