Sign in to follow this  
jarmstro

TIMECLI and TIMEDEC

Since SU5 The flight planner adds TIMECLI and TIMEDEC to the route. But the magenta line does not show them. Are these in fact real world waypoints? What are they for?

MS adds them since SU5.  They really mess up some aftermarket GPS and flight plans.

They seem to be short for TIME CLIMB and TIME DESCENT?   There is also a TIMEDEP (DEPART) and TIMEAPP (APPROACH ).  Perhaps they are playing around with VNAV ? .

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

8 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

MS adds them since SU5.  They really mess up some aftermarket GPS and flight plans.

They seem to be short for TIME CLIMB and TIME DESCENT?   There is also a TIMEDEP (DEPART) and TIMEAPP (APPROACH ).  Perhaps they are playing around with VNAV ? .

Is this something that real world VFR pilots would use? I can't seem to delete these waypoints? In addition I've seen posts claiming that the autopilot LNAV no longer works. But it's just these fictional additions.

All horrible. Just a one word question…”WHY?!?!” Is there any rationale whatsoever to include this ridiculousness? 

• Like 1

No idea.  If you create a flight plan manually from in the cockpit with your gtn750 or GX3000 etc it seems to work and you can avoid those things.

5 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

No idea.  If you create a flight plan manually from in the cockpit with your gtn750 or GX3000 etc it seems to work and you can avoid those things.

I believe you can also try Inverting a flight plan twice.

So you can do things where you have a GPS you can enter data into or otherwise manipulate the flight plan but less good with the JF Arrow/Warrior's Garmin G100 or Iris Tutor's Filser LX 500TR where you don't have that control.

Ultimately any proper solution has to come from Asobo (ideally with an explanation of what the heck they were thinking in teh first place)

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Since SU5 The flight planner adds TIMECLI and TIMEDEC to the route. But the magenta line does not show them. Are these in fact real world waypoints? What are they for?

IMO, just another indicator, that as talented as the developers are, they have very limited knowledge of aviation, or what hardcore simmers are all about. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Robin

22 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

IMO, just another indicator, that as talented as the developers are, they have very limited knowledge of aviation, or what hardcore simmers are all about. 

But what is the purpose of these waypoints? I just dont understand? One TIMECLI  waypoint I had was 54 miles from the airport?

I saw this the other day after creating a route in Little Nav Map using custom waypoints - the sim did include those custom waypoints but added additional ones with no relevance?  This was using the GNS 430 in the JF Arrow.

Pre SU5 I’m sure it used to behave differently

Thomas Derbyshire

14 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

I saw this the other day after creating a route in Little Nav Map using custom waypoints - the sim did include those custom waypoints but added additional ones with no relevance?  This was using the GNS 430 in the JF Arrow.

This is definitely new behaviour in SU5 - it was questioned during the beta but no-one ever explained what it was meant to be then, either

Edited by Matchstick

14 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Even if you create the flightplan within MSFS it adds those two. The problem might be limited to the GNS 530/430. I discovered that inverting the flightplan gets rid of these waypoints but it is a nuisance.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I think it's an Xbox thing, like simplified departure and arrival view points in flight plans.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I am kinda of thinking this may be some new ground work to allow for future third party AI aircraft (traffic) development.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

48 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I think it's an Xbox thing, like simplified departure and arrival view points in flight plans.

Maybe part of the same project, that we now have to choose "Space" twice to select a flight plan.

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

Maybe part of the same project, that we now have to choose "Space" twice to select a flight plan.

...or click Departure Airport, and then click again to highlight the selection box before you can search for an airport. Improvements, brilliant!  🤣