Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Axis and Ohs updated to v. 2.11

Main change: It is possible to use a "master" configuration for an aircraft and mere liveries of it will reference back to it without creating their own copy (but you can still do that of course.

Have to go to where you purchased in order to update. At JustFlight: your account, your orders. Version listed to download will be the latest (list shows version and date).

By the way, none of the Sensitivities adjustments in MSFS will allow for an expanded range of values for an axis (e.g. throttle RPM). AAO allows that easily. In MSFS Sensitivities you can reduce the range (Extremity Deadzone) but you can't extend it. But AAO can. So if your top end RPM looks weak, use AAO to fix that by just moving a slider in the AAO graphical interface. MSFS external view has a little RPM dial gauge that will show the results.

This is just one example of fixing controller 'issues' with AAO. e.g. You can speed up or slow down how fast the trim wheels and knobs move in the cockpit.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I use it and love it.   I have zero assignments in MSFS since buying AAO.   Just load a plane and the correct assignments (that I've pre-assigned) just load up.   AAO even loads itself with MSFS, which is a mystery to me as an external program, because I never asked it to, so don't know how it's doing that..... but I love it! 😁

They read my mind with this update, because the one thing that irritated me was having to copy over assignments for every single livery. 

I also use it to control my Saitek Multi Panel (AP), in place of the stock drivers / SPAD. 

As with SPAD, you can customise all of the buttons and dials with it. 

Really underrated program IMHO.

Cheers for the heads up about the update 👍

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

21 minutes ago, solito said:

Sorry, but what is AAO  ?

what the thread title says: axis and ohs

"Axis and Ohs is an external application that replaces the controller (=yokes, joysticks, etc) logic"

The app supports native Windows USB Game Controller devices and MIDI devices.
Feature list:
Controller profiles are loaded and saved individually to your aircraft in the simulator. This enables you to assign the same controllers in a different way for each aircraft that you fly.
Controller axis can be calibrated, response curves are available
Every axis and event of the simulator can be assigned and used
A "Mouse Yoke" mode is included, for those simulators that don't have it by default (=MSFS)
The app includes virtual flight instruments that can be dragged to one of your monitors or accessed using the web browser on your phone or tablet when they are in your LAN or WiFi. 
Saitek Multi, Radio and Switch Panels are supported (updated for MSFS events and 8.333 KHz spacing)

description on youtube:

axis and ohs

DEMO version

axisandohs.weebly.com/downloads

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I highly recommend this program! I use it to have my Behringer XTouch mini MIDI device all set up to control the WT CJ4. It's absolutely the coolest addition to my minimalist laptop setup!

Also the developer is very attentive and will answer any question you have, top notch stuff.

20210824-123307.jpg

• Like 2

My problem as stated in another thread is JF Arrow III needs about a 15 on scale of 0 to 20 right rudder trim to fly straight. Use a mouse or a controller button assigned in MSFS, that trim dial moves very slowly. So you take off and then hold down your assigned trim button or spin the mouse dial a full minute to trim. :(.

AAO will not change anything already assigned to your controllers by MSFS itself. It will only add additional assignments. Usually stuff that can't be done by MSFS itself.

I set up Axis and Ohs with 4 new assignments: Rudder trim right, left, right fast, and left fast. There is no 'trim fast' assignment in MSFS, can't make that trim dial spin except very slowly, in the Piper Arrow. Because JustFlight created it that way.

The "Surpress Key Down Event" checkbox is just a long winded phrase meaning the toggle button (19) is not ON, but has been left in the backward position (OFF).

So if I have the toggle (19) off, then the two toggles above it (30 and 31) will turn the trim slowly. But if I push that 19 toggle forward and leave it there, then the two toggles above it will spin the trim knob really fast, left or right. Or I could chose 'medium' speed, or change numbers in the ms boxes to specify an exact speed.

If I had not checked the 'repeat' box, then 31 and 32 would only move the knob one click. Repeat means the dial will keep spinning as long as you hold one of the top toggles forward (they spring back when released).

Works like a champ!

Svzfji4.jpg

ZWmKPcI.jpg

yhl3kQA.jpg

XoRzhoM.jpg

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I got a Streamdeck XL for my birthday (thanks to my wife!). Would you guys pick Flightdeck or AAO?!

1 hour ago, swiesma said:

I got a Streamdeck XL for my birthday (thanks to my wife!). Would you guys pick Flightdeck or AAO?!

Please have a Look at the already existing AAO profiles and decide

https://flightsim.to/profile/Guenseli/uploads

• Like 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I own AAO and like many of its features. The killer for me is its inability to read Go-Flight rotaries. Of course, as we all with MSFA GO-Flight has abandoned all of its customers. So the easy to use program that will read Go-Flight rotaries and buttons is FSUIPC. So, that is what I still use.

I do like the way AOA improves with each update.. It UI is clean and modern. It is easy to capture LVARS and HVARS, if you are into scripting.

• Like 1

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Am interested in how well AAO works in MSFS with rudder control.  With MSFS calibration I just cannot find a happy median between rudder ground steering and rudder control when airborne.  If I adjust for realistic control in the air I get lethargic ground steering.  If I adjust for realistic ground steering then I get very oversensitive rudder action when flying.  Again, with MSFS calibration.  I believe I am currently at -40 or -45.

Does AAO have a method for separately calibrating ground vs in air?  Or am I saddled with a native MSFS issue that needs correction?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Should you select the aircraft profile each time you fly it, or is automatic as FSUIPC allowed at FSX ?

30 minutes ago, solito said:

Should you select the aircraft profile each time you fly it, or is automatic as FSUIPC allowed at FSX ?

Once you set a profile of assignments for an aircraft, that profile will always load automatically, when you load that plane in MSFS.

Historically, every single repaint had it's own profile, which meant that every time you installed a new repaints, you had to 'copy' over the profile from another repaint of that plane.  (Only took a couple of seconds, but involved having to ALT out of MSFS to make the change in AAO.

However, from this latest update, you can configure AAO to use the same profile for all repaints, for a given plane.

Bill

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Am interested in how well AAO works in MSFS with rudder control.  With MSFS calibration I just cannot find a happy median between rudder ground steering and rudder control when airborne.  If I adjust for realistic control in the air I get lethargic ground steering.  If I adjust for realistic ground steering then I get very oversensitive rudder action when flying.  Again, with MSFS calibration.  I believe I am currently at -40 or -45.

Does AAO have a method for separately calibrating ground vs in air?  Or am I saddled with a native MSFS issue that needs correction?

Yes, this (in bold), I'm afraid.   AAO is more versatile in controlling assignment calibration and sensitivity but the issues with ground and air yaw dynamics being so inconsistant, is wholly a problem within MSFS.

Bill

4 hours ago, JYW said:

Once you set a profile of assignments for an aircraft, that profile will always load automatically, when you load that plane in MSFS.

how does this work? the control assignments get assigned to the aircraft that you have currently loaded? you don't assign a setting explicitly to an arbitrary aircraft, but MSFS assigns it for you to the one currently active?

if so, you have to go through this procedure to each and every single aircraft again? or do you load a previous setting and then assign it to the new airplane via APPLY before leaving the CONTROLS menu?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.