Sign in to follow this  
adino

New images of PMDG 737 in MSFS

Those were the first screenshots that were shown when the product was first announced, around a year ago 🙂

They must have surely improved it further now, cant wait for the new previews this month!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

I can't wait for this and the Fenix A320!

• Like 5

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

If I'm honest, I'm  I'm looking forward to the Fenix A320 a bit more than the PMDG 737; I'm curious to see what they come up with. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Those PMDG screenshots are old as mention above. The Fenix will be top tier and price will be in line with the top tier airliners in P3D and X-Plane.

• Like 1

I think it's a little early to be comparing FENIX with PMDG at this point.  We haven't yet seen what PMDG is actually bringing to the new sim.  Maybe they're bringing ACARS with it?  They showed it off what, 2 or 3 years ago at the expo?  It was pretty in depth.  Can't remember if it was for the 37 though.  Either way, I'm sure it could be worked in to any of their products.  GFO also maybe?

We know they've been re-working the guts.  Hopefully, RNP capable this time.  ARINC 424?  We'll see.  One thing I do like is the ability to assign keys to things like changing the baro mins, TO/GO, auto-throttle, etc.

Either way, with both of these planes, it's going to be awesome.  No question.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 2

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

22 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Those PMDG screenshots are old as mention above. The Fenix will be top tier and price will be in line with the top tier airliners in P3D and X-Plane.

Price for the FENIX should be much much lower according to Amir.  Top Tier for P3D was roughly $130.00-$160.00 USD for FSL and PMDG if memory serves me correctly.

As far as features, the FENIX already blows way past anything we had for P3D, and we haven't seen all if it yet.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 2

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

5 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Price for the FENIX should be much much lower according to Amir.  Top Tier for P3D was roughly $130.00-$160.00 USD for FSL and PMDG if memory serves me correctly.

As far as features, the FENIX already blows way past anything we had for P3D, and we haven't seen all if it yet.

The Blu-XPerience [EP.7] FENIX Simulations / MSFS Airbus A320 - YouTube

From a youtube stream tonight 9/2/21 8pm EST. fast foward to min 55 in the stream and you will get an idea what he (Amir) is saying about pricing. As reference to P3D the  PMDG 737 base is 99.99 without the expansion  packs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

The Blu-XPerience [EP.7] FENIX Simulations / MSFS Airbus A320 - YouTube

From a youtube stream tonight 9/2/21 8pm EST. fast foward to min 55 in the stream and you will get an idea what he (Amir) is saying about pricing. As reference to P3D the  PMDG 737 base is 99.99 without the expansion  packs.

Yeah, he kind of says one thing but then says another.  We'll see I guess.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

The ridiculous pricing for P3D was used because of claimed legal fees surround P3D licensing which I recall PMDG mentioning. Also the P3D market is very niche.   This set the ugly precedent.   There shouldnt be a need to such extravagant pricing when the market is very different with MSFS and will be clearly compensated by sheer volume of sales. Hopefully greed doesnt prevail.  Im all for supporting high end development but when you are reaching 100$ plus and you have multiple addons at this price, this hobby gets out of reach for many and we should be doing the opposite. Attracting more to the hobby.  

• Like 4

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Kind of silly comparing Fenix to PMDG when one makes an Airbus and the other Boeing so hard to draw any meaningful comparisons between the 2.

But I think we can all agree both will be very in-depth for the 99% of us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, highflyer2020 said:

Kind of silly comparing Fenix to PMDG when one makes an Airbus and the other Boeing so hard to draw any meaningful comparisons between the 2.

The comparison is between the two aeroplanes. Although different on the flight deck, the A320CEO and its stretched and shortened variants, was specifically designed and built to challenge the 737 Classic and NG. The same is true of the respective NEO and MAX versions of these aeroplanes.

But the comparisons don't have to end there. Whilst PMDG have of course made stuff before, they are still on new ground with developing a jet airliner for MSFS, as is Fenix, so it's a pretty level playing field in this regard.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If I had to buy them both at full price i would go with the Fenix, hopefully the NG will cost me nothing or very little, but the Fenix sure looks like it could be the new bench mark and proberly very hard for any team to match or better. I could not see me buying the FSL one again with this Prosim A320. The NG is fantastic but I feel I have flown that to death.🙂

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Looking forward to both....

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

5 hours ago, highflyer2020 said:

People say this but it's just not true. I make comparisons between the NGXu and FSL 320 all the time. E.g.: I think FSL has better sounds, but I like NGXu's VC better. FSL has GSX integrated, the NGXu doesn't. PMDG has more failures, and it's easier to assign hotkeys. But FSL has a more stable/accurate A/P, whereas PMDG is on old tech. I could go on, but those are a few meaningful comparisons I just drew off the top of my head.