Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

Great results with Nvidia Gsync on a Freesync monitor!!!

For people with stutterproblems, this is one to try:

Today I tried to activate Freesync from my 34 inch widescreen monitor to my Nvida RTX 3060.

It is so much better now, really buttersmooth also my fps seems higher.

If you have a Freesync monitor, you can also use Nvidia Gsync nowadays!

See below how to activate, don't forget to connect with displayport cable not HDMI!

Also afterwards tick the adaptive refresh rate box in Prepar3d.

https://www.howtogeek.com/401792/what-is-g-sync-compatible-and-how-to-enable-g-sync-on-freesync-monitors/

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

For people with stutterproblems, this is one to try:

Today I tried to activate Freesync from my 34 inch widescreen monitor to my Nvida RTX 3060.

It is so much better now, really buttersmooth also my fps seems higher.

If you have a Freesync monitor, you can also use Nvidia Gsync nowadays!

See below how to activate, don't forget to connect with displayport cable not HDMI!

Also afterwards tick the adaptive refresh rate box in Prepar3d.

https://www.howtogeek.com/401792/what-is-g-sync-compatible-and-how-to-enable-g-sync-on-freesync-monitors/

I’ll have to try this I have a free sync g5 Samsung monitor thou could not figure out how to set it up using a nvidia card.

thanks 

mike

i bought a g-sync monitor and used a "normal" display port cable that id had for years,  I put G-SYNC on and the screen kept flashing on and off, all sorts of isssues,  I torn my hair out for weeks trying to fix it.

then a mate recommended buying an 8K cable as below,  it pains me to say it but my mate was right.  the new "better" cable works perfectly and the G-SYNC now works perfectly with no flashing on or off with p3d, xp11 or Red Dead 2.  

Capture.jpg

Ive no idea what the differences was/is between the old cable and the new one,  but it fixed my g-sync issues and my proformance is alot better

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HL336L2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

My freesync monitor with my 1080ti

gsync is not showing up in the drop down Menu in ncp .

I do have  a hdmi cable, do in need to purchase a display port to have it work,?

thanks

mike

1 minute ago, mikeymike said:

gsync is not showing up in the drop down Menu in ncp

On the monitor you have to activate freesync.

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

2 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

On the monitor you have to activate freesync.

Dan

Hi,

yes I have done so.

still nothing.

i am running latest drivers also

mike

38 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

gsync is not showing up in the drop down Menu in ncp .

I do have  a hdmi cable, do in need to purchase a display port to have it work,?

thanks

mike

Yes, it only works via display port cable not HDMI! 

Edited by rob0203

Where it really gets good is a monitor with an actual G-Sync chip that can be in G-Sync mode down to 0hz (FreeSync/G-Sync Compatible is 30hz minimum I think). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob0203 said:

Yes, it only works via display port cable not HDMI! 

Ahh I see !thanks

mike

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Where it really gets good is a monitor with an actual G-Sync chip that can be in G-Sync mode down to 0hz (FreeSync/G-Sync Compatible is 30hz minimum I think). 

this is so true.  It's unfortunate that most gamers don't need this.  Flight simmers always suffer

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Just a side note for freesync monitor users....   The original freesync software can only do your minimum vertical refresh rate and those monitors are usually all at 48hz(40hz if your lucky) So the G-sync compatibility wont work until you hit 48fps. The new freesync2  have LFC (Low frame rate compensation) which will then double the frames rendered and allowing the tech to go down lower than 48.  Think these monitors can do down to 30hz.   The adaptive refresh check box in P3D definitely helps with both though because its native support.   Ideally G-sync is best because its hardware based. Thus the reason they are more expensive. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I still struggle with G-sync on my variable 144 Hz monitor.  I enable it via Nvidia CP for P3D under Manage 3D Settings (Monitor Technology = G-Sync, Low Latency Mode = Ultra, Max Frame Rate = 48 to avoid massive swings in FPS but keep the smoothness as consistent as possible & VRR checked in P3D), but it was seems to conflict with other programs...for instance Chase Plane and others; I can see  my monitor refresh rate trying to fight itself back to 144 Hz.  I wind up having to minimize all programs, then re-maximize P3D for G-sync to "kick back in" for P3D regardless of windowed or full screen mode (G-sync set to both).  Strangest thing I've seen recently - seems I need to find a way to force G-sync to prioritize P3D over all other programs to control refresh rate.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I'm confused. I read elsewhere that G-sync doesn't help P3D. The preference is to set ones monitor to 1/2 refresh rate and limit frames between 30 and 40. So I have set my 144 Hz, G-sync monitor to 60 Hz and limited frames with Nvidia CP to 30 (unlimited in P3D). Would my performance be better using G-sync?

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

7 minutes ago, David Vega said:

I'm confused. I read elsewhere that G-sync doesn't help P3D. The preference is to set ones monitor to 1/2 refresh rate and limit frames between 30 and 40. So I have set my 144 Hz, G-sync monitor to 60 Hz and limited frames with Nvidia CP to 30 (unlimited in P3D). Would my performance be better using G-sync?

If you're on V5, try G-Sync on and VRR on in P3D (vsync and triple buffering off). Set the limit in CP to 36 (1/4 of 144hz). Leave your monitor at 144hz. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HighTowers said:

Just a side note for freesync monitor users....   The original freesync software can only do your minimum vertical refresh rate and those monitors are usually all at 48hz(40hz if your lucky) So the G-sync compatibility wont work until you hit 48fps. The new freesync2  have LFC (Low frame rate compensation) which will then double the frames rendered and allowing the tech to go down lower than 48.  Think these monitors can do down to 30hz.   The adaptive refresh check box in P3D definitely helps with both though because its native support.   Ideally G-sync is best because its hardware based. Thus the reason they are more expensive. 

I don’t know but for me there is a big difference also at lower framerates.