Sign in to follow this  
michap7

CTDs after WU6

By the way: Is it also possible to reinstall the Premium Delux Edition of MSFS, which I own on DVDs, via the MS Store entering the license code from the DVD edition? 

4 hours ago, michap7 said:

ya, but unfortunately there is also a life beyond MSFS 😉

dont  know if  you have  seen  this  have  used  this  before  with  no issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldqFdcGL1X0

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

My sim has been running so stable and smooth since I removed my overclock and xmp profile. No more clr.dll crashes 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, michap7 said:

By the way: Is it also possible to reinstall the Premium Delux Edition of MSFS, which I own on DVDs, via the MS Store entering the license code from the DVD edition? 

In / via the MS Store I can install MSFS (Standard?) and buy the Premium Deluxe Edition, strange...

Hi there!

So, after 2 Days of reinstalling (Win 10, my necessary software and a vanilla FS2020) and after my first flight (World updates not yet installed) to good old C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll CTDs are back... Can´t understand it anymore... Hardware issue? Software issue? And think I will give up now and will stop flying... But if MSFS not looked so nice (and was rocking stable before SU5 for me) it would be easier to quit... 🤬 

15 minutes ago, michap7 said:

Hi there!

So, after 2 Days of reinstalling (Win 10, my necessary software and a vanilla FS2020) and after my first flight (World updates not yet installed) to good old C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll CTDs are back... Can´t understand it anymore... Hardware issue? Software issue? And think I will give up now and will stop flying... But if MSFS not looked so nice (and was rocking stable before SU5 for me) it would be easier to quit... 🤬 

If you just had a fresh installation of Windows 10, and you downloaded all the updates for Windows 10, and you only installed MSFS without any add ons and left your Community folder empty, and you didn't install any other programs in Windows 10, and you are just using your keyboard and mouse to fly, then yeah, it's 95% probably a hardware problem.

Make sure it was a fresh installation of Windows 10 and then after you installed Windows 10, you installed the latest updates for Windows 10.

I assume you aren't using any complex/advanced peripherals for MSFS, like a throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, etc, because complex/advanced peripherals for MSFS could possibly contribute to CTDs as well.  Test MSFS with a simple mouse and keyboard to see if it's stable.

If it's a fresh Windows 10 installation with just the latest updates for Windows 10, a fresh installation of MSFS, and you are playing with just a keyboard and mouse, and you didn't download any add-ons from the marketplace and you have an empty community folder, MSFS should be very stable.  If MSFS CTDs in this scenario, then chances are, you have a hardware problem (and don't overclock your hardware because overclocking can also cause CTDs).

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I also did a reinstall of windows, but not a complete wipe of the c-drive. Still crashes with a clr.dll error.
Ran a memory check, and everything turned out fine, nothing wrong with my ram.
I find it highly unlikely that so many people got hardware issues at the same time, and only related to one piece of software. Putting the blame on Asobo for this one, there's literally nothing else I can do.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, michap7 said:

Hi there!

If you have a totally vanilla install of windows and MSFS and no addons in either community folder, or from marketplace, and you are not overclocked or using anything other than a mouse and keyboard then try getting the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool.  https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30135

and see if that helps...   clr.dll is a Net Framework error and also one generated by many many virus's on the system.  It is also, but rarely, generated by anti virus tools that "think" there is a virus somewhere and intercept .NET processing.

Also try running MSFS as an administrator..  this can sometimes help.

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

14 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

If you have a totally vanilla install of windows and MSFS and no addons in either community folder, or from marketplace, and you are not overclocked or using anything other than a mouse and keyboard then try getting the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool.  https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30135

and see if that helps...   clr.dll is a Net Framework error and also one generated by many many virus's on the system.  It is also, but rarely, generated by anti virus tools that "think" there is a virus somewhere and intercept .NET processing.

Also try running MSFS as an administrator..  this can sometimes help.

Graham

Tried the Framework Repair Tool already to no avail... Unfortunately I decided to install me necessary sotfware first and then MSFS...  Maybe I´ll try again later next month, just win 10 and MSFS in vanilla state... I simply do not understand, why before SU5 I never had any CTDs...  

Edited by michap7

1 minute ago, michap7 said:

Tried the Framework Repair Tool already to no avail... Unfortunately I decided to install me necessary sotfware first an the MSFS...  Maybe I´ll try again later next month, just win 10 and MSFS in vanilla state... I simply do not understand, why before SU5 I never had any CTDs...  

OK, well makesure if you are doing a brand new install that all disks in your system are cleaned and reformatted before you reinstall in case there is something left over.  example.. if on this occaision you went in and your controller profiles were still set-up..  it wasn't a clean install.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

2 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

OK, well makesure if you are doing a brand new install that all disks in your system are cleaned and reformatted before you reinstall in case there is something left over.  example.. if on this occaision you went in and your controller profiles were still set-up..  it wasn't a clean install.

Graham

I justed cleaned up my system disk (NVme) and my programm disk (SSD), not the 2 storage harddrives...  I suppose this was as clean as it gets...

41 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

If you just had a fresh installation of Windows 10, and you downloaded all the updates for Windows 10, and you only installed MSFS without any add ons and left your Community folder empty, and you didn't install any other programs in Windows 10, and you are just using your keyboard and mouse to fly, then yeah, it's 95% probably a hardware problem.

Make sure it was a fresh installation of Windows 10 and then after you installed Windows 10, you installed the latest updates for Windows 10.

I assume you aren't using any complex/advanced peripherals for MSFS, like a throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, etc, because complex/advanced peripherals for MSFS could possibly contribute to CTDs as well.  Test MSFS with a simple mouse and keyboard to see if it's stable.

If it's a fresh Windows 10 installation with just the latest updates for Windows 10, a fresh installation of MSFS, and you are playing with just a keyboard and mouse, and you didn't download any add-ons from the marketplace and you have an empty community folder, MSFS should be very stable.  If MSFS CTDs in this scenario, then chances are, you have a hardware problem (and don't overclock your hardware because overclocking can also cause CTDs).

Unfortunately I decided to do it (wrongly!) the other way round and first installed WIn10 from the latest ISO via USB and then the programms and apps I need and then MSFS hoping it would sort of "overwrite" existing errors generated by apps...  And I need some more programms on my system anyway...   

Edited by michap7

BTW: here´s the complete eventlog of the 99% of the CTDs (in German)

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: clr.dll, Version: 4.8.4400.0, Zeitstempel: 0x60b90751
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000669e90
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xe78
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d7a807abfc0d63
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.19.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Berichtskennung: 7121625c-6a33-41e6-87c6-52c3bdf6243e
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.19.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: App

Hi,

have the same problem. At my end its the Flightsimulator.exe that causes the CTD.

Can not finish any flight. After one hour smooth flight, the sim stucks short and BÄNG-CTD.

Happens with and without mods!

Edited by sal9000

Stephan from Germany

My System