Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

nVidia 471.96 and DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG resolved

@shermank, your comments are noted. There is no installer for DirectX. You just run Windows Update and if required DX will be installed / updated.

I have tried my best to minimise these problems and believe the changes I have made using advice from people I trust has improved things. Each to their own.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@shermank, your comments are noted. There is no installer for DirectX. You just run Windows Update and if required DX will be installed / updated.

I have tried my best to minimise these problems and believe the changes I have made using advice from people I trust has improved things. Each to their own.

There is a separate DX webs setup available...  It's actually not a bad suggestion to try re-installing DirectX to ensure nothing is corrupt in any way.  

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

27 minutes ago, psolk said:

There is a separate DX webs setup available...  It's actually not a bad suggestion to try re-installing DirectX to ensure nothing is corrupt in any way.  

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

I searched for a DX installer a while back and never found that site. I’ll install tomorrow but given DXDIAG.EXE doesn’t report any issues I’m not confident it will fix anything.

And checking Event Viewer the freezes didn’t register anything, not even a warning.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've gone to the website mentioned but the notes say "Note that this package does not modify the DirectX Runtime installed on your Windows OS in any way."

I'm not installing it as it's a completely different package.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 10/2/2021 at 2:51 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

That has not been my experience. It should be possible to uninstall any software that you have installed. My system is absolutely fine with the BIOS settings set by the program.

That was not my experience. Even though AI Suite went through the uninstall routine, it held on to overclock profile. I reset my BIOS back to normal settings and when computer booted into windows, the overclock profile would load again. I didn't say it affected my video operation but it did affect uninstalling and installing new drivers. Asus tech support finally came to same conclusion to dump everything and do fresh windows install. Now that I never reinstalled AI suite and control everything from BIOS, Haven't experienced any issues since. I can also saved multiple  overclock profiles in BIOS settings. I can choose and load a custom overclock setting depending on what I'm running. I'm happy not using AI Suite.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Bill,

If there was a general problem with uninstalling AI Suite and it retaining BIOS settings  it would have been corrected and a new version released. I suspect it was maybe an issue with your PC.

Anyway, I have no intention of uninstalling it so the problem won’t arise for me.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi,

From my experience with ASUS Ai Suite (DIP 5 module) I’m pretty sure that uninstalling it won’t affect the BIOS overclocked settings. Currently I don’t have DIP 5 installed and the BIOS has retained its overclocked settings for a good 2-3 years now. Stability has remained absolute and I have saved these settings to avoid having to run DIP 5 again in the future. 

Settings can be reverted by simply choosing to load the optimised system defaults followed by saving and rebooting.

Mike

10 hours ago, Cruachan said:

Hi,

From my experience with ASUS Ai Suite (DIP 5 module) I’m pretty sure that uninstalling it won’t affect the BIOS overclocked settings. Currently I don’t have DIP 5 installed and the BIOS has retained its overclocked settings for a good 2-3 years now. Stability has remained absolute and I have saved these settings to avoid having to run DIP 5 again in the future. 

Settings can be reverted by simply choosing to load the optimised system defaults followed by saving and rebooting.

Mike

Correct. The settings will stay the same in the bios, apart from the fan curves for the case fans.(i believe) 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

I flew five legs around Northern Scotland today in the Vertx DA62.

Edinburgh - Aberdeen - Inverness - Wick - Stornaway - Benbecula.

All in the same P3D session. That’s around 3-4 hours of flying. All were fine with no freezes and buzzing.

Tomorrow I’ll fly a series of 40 min legs in the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25. If that’s okay I’ll switch back to the PMDG737 and if the problem resurfaces I’ll report it on the PMDG forum and if I’m alone in having the problem I’ll uninstall and reinstall.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Having successfully flown that route with a light aircraft I repeated it with the XP Lear 25 and it was fine. So then I flew it again with the PMDG737 and frustratingly it too was fine. No freezes or buzzing.

Grgghh! Not sure where to go next. If it had happened with the PMDG I would have uninstalled and reinstalled in case of a bad file.

I'm out of options now. I'll just have to live with it I think. But if a short freeze is the worst that happens it's hardly terminal. At least the DXGI messages have ended.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Having successfully flown that route with a light aircraft I repeated it with the XP Lear 25 and it was fine. So then I flew it again with the PMDG737 and frustratingly it too was fine. No freezes or buzzing.

Grgghh! Not sure where to go next. If it had happened with the PMDG I would have uninstalled and reinstalled in case of a bad file.

I'm out of options now. I'll just have to live with it I think. But if a short freeze is the worst that happens it's hardly terminal. At least the DXGI messages have ended.

Hmmm.  Good news/bad news I guess.  Did you disable anything for testing you can re-enable to try to increase system load or did you leave everything else as is and just change registry settings.  

I have to say, random, non reproducable issues are the most frustrating as you are always "waiting" for that bottom card to fall out and the whole house come tumbling down.  Fingers crossed you get something definitive! 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

39 minutes ago, psolk said:

Hmmm.  Good news/bad news I guess.  Did you disable anything for testing you can re-enable to try to increase system load or did you leave everything else as is and just change registry settings.  

I have to say, random, non reproducable issues are the most frustrating as you are always "waiting" for that bottom card to fall out and the whole house come tumbling down.  Fingers crossed you get something definitive! 

No. The only change was the aircraft flown. One thing has crossed my mind given the randomness of this problem. Ai aircraft. I might disable Ai and try my troublesome route from SFO up to Vancouver. But not today.

The Registry entries are still there.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No. The only change was the aircraft flown. One thing has crossed my mind given the randomness of this problem. Ai aircraft. I might disable Ai and try my troublesome route from SFO up to Vancouver. But not today.

The Registry entries are still there.

Interesting thought...  AIG?  Have you used the tools to identify any potential problem airlines/textures?  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

18 minutes ago, psolk said:

Interesting thought...  AIG?  Have you used the tools to identify any potential problem airlines/textures?  

I make the usual checks using AIG and all is okay. It's doubtful it is AIG Ai but when you've exhausted all other options it was the only thing left.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just parked at Terminal 3 at KORD after a 2 hour flight from JFK. No isues at all. And loads of traffic at both ends.

Staying with existing drivers for now. One thing I did was to Verify my AIG files. Nothing untoward found.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather