Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

DH-89 Dragon Rapide (free!) out!

h6i3MKxh.jpg

On SOH library: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/125554-MSFS-dh-89-Dragon-Rapide . 👍

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 7

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Looks great!

Thanks for posting Yoyo

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

Flown on a couple of Dragon Rapides over the years, so I know the thing fairly well and this sim version is well worth checking out. Good sounds, good looks and realistic handling, including the necessity to be careful about the risk of nosing it over as is the case with the real thing. The developer could easily have charged decent money for this one.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

@YoYo  Thanks for bringing this bird to our attention, my favourite era pre & WW2.  For a freebie she is top notch.

@Chock  Thanks for the tip on landing, after 3 nose plants I eventually nailed it, gotta keep that nose up!

• Like 1

A delightful aircraft - it’ll be even more fun when I learn how to both LAND then STOP without ending up on my nose....75MPH and full flaps over the threshold then gentle braking without too much back pressure on the stick where the plane  lifts off the ground again until greatly slowed down then ample back pressure as braking continues?

Will keep attempting!

Steve

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Cool. I had the pleasure to go into a Rapide on the ground at an airshow. It had just been restored. After that, it went to take off with a cabin full of passengers on a sightseeing flight. It was gusty, and the airplane crashed and was subsequently totalled on takeoff. The folks up front were critically injured, and I believe the pilot is paralyzed now. 

It is a beautiful airplane to see in real life, cool to see it in sim. 

• Like 1

Well with Pamela Booker involved in the flight modelling it is guaranteed to be really good.

Definite download for me.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

My first ever flight was in a Dragon Rapide from Lee-on-Solent naval air base in the south of England. I was with a group of school naval cadets on a Naval Aviation course there. After taking off, and at about 200 feet (or so it seemed) we did a 180 degree turn onto course; I could still see the dandelions in the grass. We flew down the Solent and did a circuit of the Isle of Wight. It gave me a lifelong obsession with aviation.

Funny how you remember some details - the pilot was smoking a cigarette and flicking the ash out of the open side window.

• Like 3

Petraeus

Cockpit photo below. Very FSX . 

Flies quire well. 

Very timely for me as I am about to start a pre-1960 Neofly Career using stuff like the c140, c170, Widgeon, Stearman, Kinner Sportswing, Ju52, Grumman Goose and eventually DC6.

fk8F6KS.jpg

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

Petraeus

I’m with you.  69 years ago I was given a pleasure flight in a Dragon Rapide at an Open Day at RAF Yeadon – or EGNM as we know it nowadays.  When we landed, my only aim was to be a pilot! Many years and many aircraft later, I finally hung up my flying boots after a final farewell flight in a Mig 29.  Happy Days
  • Upvote 1