Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

First day of Fall Season

I got a jump on this by switching my Four Seasons Trees to Fall, last week. Been flying all over Europe and the trees looks fantastic, love this add on. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I got a jump on this by switching my Four Seasons Trees to Fall, last week. Been flying all over Europe and the trees looks fantastic, love this add on. 

Yep! Right!

Time to change model of trees for more brown 🙂 ! Will do Today later.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Absolutely, one of the best addons out there

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Which is too soon. 😉

Some species have started to ever so slightly show brownish colorations, but most of them are still green. The leaves will not noticeably change colours in central Europe until mid October.

The full coloration will then be reached by the start of November and by the second half of November they will have all fallen.

And when they show up again is dependant on temperatures. This year started with a cold spring, so it took until the end of April, last year was very warm, so the leaves came back a month earlier.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Which is too soon. 😉

Some species have started to ever so slightly show brownish colorations, but most of them are still green. The leaves will not noticeably change colours in central Europe until mid October.

The full coloration will then be reached by the start of November and by the second half of November they will have all fallen.

And when they show up again is dependant on temperatures. This year started with a cold spring, so it took until the end of April, last year was very warm, so the leaves came back a month earlier.

depends on where you fly. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I’ll change seasons once the trees outside my house start to change, which here is roughly early to mid October.  

For now I’m in full denial that summer is almost over! 🙂

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

depends on where you fly. 

True. But at this particular date today you will not find a single spot in Europe where the leaves are significantly autumnal.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Farlis said:

True. But at this particular date today you will not find a single spot in Europe where the leaves are significantly autumnal.

I like the way they look now, you don't. and frankly I don't give a rat's behind when you change to the fall.. How's that? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ve been thinking of this add on. Does it add palm trees etc to the Mediterranean as well as the browning colours in Northern Europe, for example?

I’d welcome any screenshots etc to show these areas!

thank you. 
Ian.

Don't you just love the wonderful world of the internet? Even a seemingly innocuous thread about the change from summer to autumn can start an argument :rolleyes:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 10

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Not really an argument, more of an observation to be honest. There's one tree out of the many behind my house which is showing a bit of a brownish tinge on a few of its leaves; everything else is still green here and it's still definitely t-shirt weather in Blighty at the moment; blue skies with cumulus clouds, 19 degrees in Manchester.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

And when they show up again is dependant on temperatures.

Not only  air temperature. Light levels, daylight length, minimum temps, soil temp, soil water content, state of health etc and all of course species dependant. The main reason they were late this year here in the uk was low soil temperatures. And very unusually whereas Aesculus are usually the first to shut up shop it looks like ash will be first because soil temperatures have remained on the low side and light levels were miserable during August. A hot end to September and you may see a bit of very late Lammas growth and overall growth rates this year have been very good but increment is down.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

Same here. I'm at work, in a European country, looking out the window: everything green.

33 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

very late Lammas

Yup, always turning up late for appointments, they're so annoying...

MMNhJma.jpg

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I like the way they look now, you don't. and frankly I don't give a rat's behind when you change to the fall.. How's that? 

So you've run out of reasons, and reverted back to: "I want fall colours now, realism be damned!" 😉