Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

Released: MilViz Porter for MSFS2020

OK, I am in love. I do need to sit down and read the manual but, so far - fantastic! Thank you Milviz. 

• Like 1

Couple of red flags that added together are too much:

* no modded Garmin

* no steam gauges so far

* ": When the Porter is installed, a service titled “Milviz WASM Helper” is also installed as a prerequisite. This service is used to ensure the validity of the product during the loading and operation of the aircraft within the simulator. If this service is stopped, the product will not not be fully operable."

Sorry, what? That means I need to have this service constantly running in the background. No.

• Like 2

Most questionable: No mapping for spoiler axis. That means for me - pseudo BETA mode.

If you follow the thread from FSG - they have their own flightmodel developed, also for BETA.

And not only the flightmodel, Their turboprop model is independent from ASOBO !

Sounds much more promesing for me......

BTW: latest video - amphibious version with working water rudder !

13 minutes ago, stratone said:

Most questionable: No mapping for spoiler axis. That means for me - pseudo BETA mode.

If you follow the thread from FSG - they have their own flightmodel developed, also for BETA.

And not only the flightmodel, Their turboprop model is independent from ASOBO !

Sounds much more promesing for me......

BTW: latest video - amphibious version with working water rudder !

Beta stage of engine is simulated automatically here and works very well. I can descent form 13.000 ft with 80-90kts speed even with high angle.

You dont need any axis for this. IRL no axis in PC-6 for beta stage also, IDLE does this job.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

19 minutes ago, 6297J said:

How do you open the cabin doors? 

(Front doors?) unlock and next take door handle:

U6R6r0x.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, 6297J said:

Sorry, cargo doors then. 

Just door handle from inside.

q2qTFOo.jpg

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Thanks, I'll try again. Kind of wish those options were available in the EFB like JustFlight, Carenado etc. 

2 hours ago, OSM said:

Hi leprechaunlive!

Don`t worry! FSG continue to develop PC-6 as planned. To be short - we are making the same airplane but what we already know they are completely different products. 😀👍

Of course and it is an understandable and normal decision! Im sure that both models can live side by side and simply complement each other. Anyway, I want to note that the MV specially chose a different interior, which had to be redesigned, and gave up the float version, although such a model exists and they had interior with analog gauges and it was ready (P3D). Respect for both products and developers 🙂

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 3

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Developers racing to get similar models out first is not unusual. 

Just look at the way Carenado brought out the PA28 Arrow at the same time as Just Flight's PA28  and the c170 around the same time as Aeroplane Heaven's c140 for example. It is the way the market works.

Bringing out a cutback version of an addon to hit the market first could be seen as clever marketing or cut throat depending how you look at it 😄

Personally I will wait to see reviews on both before deciding. If they are different enough I will buy both.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Of course and it is an understandable and normal decision! Im sure that both models can live side by side and simply complement each other. Anyway, I want to note that the MV specially chose a different interior, which had to be redesigned, and gave up the float version, although such a model exists and they had interior with analog gauges and it was ready (P3D). Respect for both products and developers 🙂

Yo Yo - when will you put it on orbx?

5 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Personally I will wait to see reviews on both before deciding. If they are different enough I will buy both.

I would not be surprised if I end up getting both as well

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

I would not be surprised if I end up getting both as well

Well I currently in low wing GA singles for example - I have all four JF PA28's, the Piaggio P149, Bob Young's Turbo Normalised Bonanza, the Iris Grob Tutor and the Carenado Mooney  and somehow I still manage to fly all of them regularly.   So I see no problem with just two PC6's  😄

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1