Sign in to follow this  
akita

Xplane Next Generation (FSexpo)

I want to believe I will be falling for XP12 - I need to...

I see you guys enjoying the Felis 742, and even bought me SkyScapes to make my XP11 look sexier... It does, at times, sexy and making my rig go HOT ! 🙂

And YES, I did uninstall the other stuff that now comes in a Game Box, and feels like a Game Box Game... This is anoher game, I hope... If it fails, I will clean all of my sims and start following Austin's advice on how to earn good money !

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

I hope there are improvements on water too.. There are a lot of mid solutions for it in between the awful water we got now and the best ever water in the world. And an improvement is better than waiting years (i still remember some tests Ben showed in the blog years ago 😞 )

Besides that, main interest will be for volumetric clouds and lighting. Give me that and the visual gap is quite reduced with other sims (civilian and military)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

Based on your expectations and previous posts, I'm going to guess nothing will please you either way :biggrin:. Just watch and see

Personally looking forward to it and pretty excited about the next version.

Anything less than

And I'm throwing my toys out of the pram.

~22 years and still waiting.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

22 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Anything less than

And I'm throwing my toys out of the pram.

~22 years and still waiting.

Gals like that are difficult to find.... LR will not get ya one 🙂

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

8 hours ago, scotchegg said:

got an army of cheap, outsourced coders (?)

I can not say if they are cheap (they probably aren´t, judging by their skill level), but the term "army" does certainly not apply and may raise unrealistic expectations. The "army" of coders works for Asobo 😉

Again - don´t expect a "MSFS killer" in the visual department. Doing so will set you up for disappointment. A solid advance, yes. But no "leapfrogging".

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Janov said:

I can not say if they are cheap (they probably aren´t, judging by their skill level), but the term "army" does certainly not apply and may raise unrealistic expectations. The "army" of coders works for Asobo 😉

Again - don´t expect a "MSFS killer" in the visual department. Doing so will set you up for disappointment. A solid advance, yes. But no "leapfrogging".

For me, which am definitely out from "photogrammetry" and / or orthos, and willing to go with autogen, provided they can render the skies a bit better than they do already, and have a true weather engine makeup, and Austin fixes whatever is sucking the aircraft when they're in ground effect, I will be just fine 🙂

And please, make it so that I can fly my Toliss A319, and upcoming A430-600 in it too 🙂 or even the Felis 747....

Main Simulation Rig:

I think retro compatibility is not an issue, we know they are aiming for that. Let's just hope it does feel like a Next Generation title and not a polished XP11.. Watching that lighting preview again.. sky banding everywhere, shadows not touching the plane wheels etc etc. Work in progress, yeah. How much time and work will it take to see the progress tho? 

For some things in XP11, it took too word not allowed long. But Vulkan is here now, so we'll see what awaits.

Lighting, water and clouds. That's all i need.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

2 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

Watching that lighting preview again.. sky banding everywhere

The quality that LR seem to post their videos in needs some more attention IMO. The new pipeline is fully compatible with HDR, it does matter a lot how YouTube compresses it, if they have someone with a 4K monitor, if there is an HDR option for the video etc...

I've seen a non compressed version of their forestry video (which includes the new lighting as well) and it looks way better.

Edited by akita
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Are these two different streams, or just the second broadcasting 3 hours later than the first?

XPlaneOfficial
X-Plane Keynote at FSExpo 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v957CKZwAn8

FlightSimExpo
X-Plane Announcement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CWeaBkM9F8

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

3 minutes ago, RXP said:

Are these two different streams, or just the second broadcasting 3 hours later than the first?

XPlaneOfficial
X-Plane Keynote at FSExpo 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v957CKZwAn8

FlightSimExpo
X-Plane Announcement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CWeaBkM9F8

I think it is 2 PM PST so LR is probably got the wrong time set.

Edited by Sims Smith
  • Like 1

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

18 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

can we please get more information of what actually happened at FSExpo with Austin and crew and XP11/12?

It did not happen yet, live stream starting in a few hours, links have been posted above.

I've removed some political posts and off-topic posts (including my own).. Let's keep this topic clean and about the preview video announcement, thanks 

11 minutes ago, peroni said:

It did not happen yet, live stream starting in a few hours, links have been posted above.

Hmm, seems they just changed the time, thought it was supposed to be on now, but has now moved to later this evening (3 hrs from now)

42 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Hmm, seems they just changed the time, thought it was supposed to be on now, but has now moved to later this evening (3 hrs from now)

Someone blabbed on the slack channel, and they corrected the premier time.

43 minutes ago, tonywob said:

I've removed some political posts

Luckily it was only US politics that no one cares about, if it had been flight sim politics we'd be on page 15 by now.

AutoATC Developer