Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

Whoopie...I'm going to get back more...

money than I lost to the Nigerians in the last couple of years. This just arrived in my e-mail:

UNITED NATIONS HUMAN RIGHTS TREATIES DIVISION
HEADQUARTERS (NEW YORK): FIRST AVENUE, 46TH STREET
NEW YORK, NY 10017, U.S.A.
TEL/FAX: (212) 963 3301
Web: (Removed for safety concerns)

U.N.713.2021.TREATIES-2

Dear Beneficiary,

We hope this message meets you in the best of health. We have sent you several messages regarding the approval of your impending inheritance funds; but until now we are yet to receive any feedback from your side thus our concern.

We therefore wish to use this opportunity to inform you again that your inheritance fund valued $10.5M has finally been released and you have been approved to receive this fund through the following payment options;

ONLINE BANKING:

Our Correspondent Bank will give you an Online Access details where the fund have been deposited in your name. It is known as Online banking, also known as internet banking or web banking. It is an electronic payment system that enables beneficiary(s) to conduct financial transactions through their online accounts. This way, you will be able to transfer your inheritance funds from your online account into your personal bank account anywhere in the world.

PAYMENT BY AUTOMATED TELLER CARD (ATM CARD):

This means that your purported inheritance fund will be upgraded into an automated teller card commonly known as ATM card. This is in our bid and dedication to providing you with safe, secure and reliable transactions and of course prompts payouts. This method of payment would protect your fund against diversion and possible embezzlement hence security is an issue of paramount importance to us, and we have adopted variety of mechanisms and precautions to fully protect you against fraud and theft.

Therefore, here are the oulined benefits;

* Withdrawal of your funds from virtually any automated teller machine worldwide. More than 945,000 visa/plus ATM’s in more than 150 countries!- use your digital ATM electronic card number to make online purchases, wherever it's acceptable.
* Use your digital ATM electronic card to make purchases at select visa/digital ATM merchant terminals.
* send and receive funds instantly and easily to and from other visa/digital ATM account holders.
* No need to have a bank account to receive money.
* Very fast payment option, usually faster than a wire transfer!
* Less expensive than a wire transfer in most cases.
* Your money is securely deposited in a US dollar account.
* A personalized visa/digital ATM card with your embossed name or preferred.
* Secured access to your money!

To this effect, Please reconfirm your personal data in the format shown below, for information verification and administrative convenience:

Names: (In Full)
Full Address:
Profession:
Home Phone:
Cell Phone:
Other E-mail:
I.D., such as Driver's License/ National I.D., or International Passport.

After we have received the above details from you, we shall connect you directly to the Bank and you will promptly be paid depending your choice of payment.

We realize you may have questions that need to be answered and we are available to make sure those answers are delivered to you promptly and to your complete satisfaction. You are at liberty to email us if you have any concern.

Thank you and God bless.

Yours in Service
António Guterres (Secretary-General)
United Nations

Edited by charliearon
removal of website
  • Like 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Sounds too good to be true, Doug!  Can I borrow a couple of Mil?? 😀

Maybe just be happy to get a 6% raise in 2022 for SSI!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The outrageousness of the claims, the appeal to one's greed, the questionable grammer, and often the spelling as well, tend to help give these things away.

I'm always pretty stunned when I hear how often people fall for these things, and know of two people directly who were majorly scammed, one of whom lost most or all of his real-life inheritance in a con from africa.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

43 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

the questionable grammer, and often the spelling as well

Well, you have to bear in mind that English is not the Secretary General's first language. 

• Like 2

Dugald Walker

2 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

Well, you have to bear in mind that English is not the Secretary General's first language. 

I would bet that he has a REAL Secretary to type up his letters in the proper language and format! 🤔

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

W2DR has had a lucky break and all he gets for sharing his good fortune is scorn and ridicule! Shame on you guys

• Like 3

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I had a Nigerian Prince once offer to share his "good fortune" with me.  I thought long and hard (4.2 microseconds) on it and turned him down  My "Grandson" called me from a Jamaican Jail and wanted me to send $5,000.00 to bail him out.  He called me Grandpa Charles.  That was the giveaway!  Besides that fact that I never had any kids or grandkids!  😃💰

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

17 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

W2DR has had a lucky break and all he gets for sharing his good fortune is scorn and ridicule! Shame on you guys

Is there a "sarcasm emoji" for "Likes" here.  🙂

• Like 1

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

I get crap like this frequently. Just the other day I got this one ostensibly from CHASE, with whom my checking and savings accounts have been for nearly 30 years now. Who can spot the obvious giveaway (aside from the atrocious grammar)?

Online Banking Policy Voilation 

We had a small Change in our Online Banking Policy and on a view on your account with that policy was submitted to our online Team , We had disabled the Access to your Online Banking as our Online Team had claimed a voilation to your new policy.

Verification Needed !

You need to re-verify your account with us in order to regain the access and to keep enjoying our Online Banking services again and we will too request to kindly have look on the policies in order to prevent further issues & blocks with us.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

5 hours ago, JNS said:

Is there a "sarcasm emoji" for "Likes" here.  🙂

It's enough that you picked up on it. 🙂

My wife actually had an email from the 'NHS' offering 'vaccines' as a priority for foreign travel. you couldn't pass the offer on to someone else and if you pass on it, it will be offered to the next person on the list. Wow! Gotta grab that, right?

I always copy the link location and paste it into Notepad. Interesting where they point to. Word Not Alloweds

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

It's enough that you picked up on it. 🙂

Yes.  Anyway, loved your original comment.

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado