Sign in to follow this  
Espana Pete

Press any key to start - loop

26 minutes ago, JYW said:

For Ron's problem, yours does sound like a corrupted cloud save

No, sorry. It was an Xbox app cock up. As I explained.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

No, sorry. It was an Xbox app cock up. As I explained.

Well, in any case, we keep you in the fold then😁 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

Well, in any case, we keep you in the fold then😁 

The jury's out at the moment. So far, so good. 5 clean start-ups on the trot. 😧

43 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

The jury's out at the moment

Was  it the same as me Ron, the Xbox services in the services list via the windows search bit....guilty as charged?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, davenicoll said:

Was  it the same as me Ron, the Xbox services in the services list

Yes. Although I went to Task Manager as per the link I put back a few posts.

18 hours ago, davenicoll said:

The above is a no go for me...

Followed all the instructions, the repair toll did it's thing...

I can sign into my Microsoft store account but cannot sign into the Xbox app..it brings up my user name, I click that and get a Let's go box which I also click  but nothing, my profile does not appear in top left corner just asking me to sign in again...as I mentioned, another perpetual loop.

Exactly the same issue as you described, no way to get it work.

On 3/16/2024 at 10:49 AM, cseu said:

as written - yesterday I was unable to start MSFS with the "press any key" loop, PC and XBox reset did not fix the problem, only the signout / signin into MS Account solved the problem, then XBox behaviour was norm. I'm on PC / Store version...

Maybe this is not relevant, but "press any key" really means "click the mouse anywhere on the screen". Pressing keys is has never been recognized at that screen since day 1 of MSFS release.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

3 hours ago, Fielder said:

Maybe this is not relevant, but "press any key" really means "click the mouse anywhere on the screen". Pressing keys is has never been recognized at that screen since day 1 of MSFS release.

yes, that's nonsens either press any key or click a mouse to somewhere, the result is the same XBox dialog and the subsequently ongoing loop. But since day1 or better before day 1 of MSFS the problem was more the fatal decision to hardlink PC and XBox versions together in one build, in my opinon the same wrong decision comparable with the FSX one core strategie - useless for XBox and restrictive for PC. Best regards

Ralf Andreas

Tried everything, any possible solution and still nothing is solved. Xbox app needs ti be signed in and unfortunately simulator not able to start. Press any button to start. Let’s go screen continues to show.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

When I read that I went scurrying off to the Xbox maze to find 'Services'. Nothin'. Hundreds of restarts, prodding and poking (amazing where desperation takes you) the penny dropped. Services in Task Manager! A few more uninstalling XBox app setting the services to automatic and tada!! I don't know why I made such a fuss. 🙄

This may help others.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/i-get-0x80040904-when-trying-to-launch-xbox-app-on/c9adce00-21ae-43d1-8d43-072a04995036

This is what you're looking for. The dangers of only reading the last posts in a thread.

Edited by Ron Attwood

I went to bed last night feeling confident that my MSFS woes were over. I even made that smug post above. Settled down to do some livery painting, fired up MSFS and

BOOM!

Press any button to start loop is back!

I swear I heard it laugh.

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

Press any button to start loop is back!

A stab in the dark if I may. Does your MB clock work OK ? Not frozen from time to time ? I have this issue with my old ASUS and some apps hate it.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 3/16/2024 at 5:53 PM, davenicoll said:

Just noticed on my account it says sign in, So I do and it accepts but in the top left my account is not shown, just asking me to sign in again...alas another loop...

Wow Microsoft, what the hell have you done...

This is exactly what I am getting. So frustrating.

I'll be jiggered! Gave up in disgust, went for a walk (well, hobble really. Suffering a bout of gout at the moment. That's all I need) came back, switched PC on and wouldn't you know. MSFS started up! No, I don't know what I did, nor do I care any more. I CAN take it!

1 hour ago, abennett said:

This is exactly what I am getting. So frustrating.

This is exactly what I’m suffering since yesterday, any solution in the horizon?