Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Was just about to purchase milviz PC6 but...

The latest I heard was that the painters/modellers for the Porter expansion are in the Ukraine hence the delay. If it is the same team as for the Beaver then that will doubtless be delayed too. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

56 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

The latest I heard was that the painters/modellers for the Porter expansion are in the Ukraine hence the delay. If it is the same team as for the Beaver then that will doubtless be delayed too. 

The Ukraine Porter-builders are a different company than Milviz.  There is a thread here detailing the progress of THEIR Porter build.

I believe Milviz are in Canada, or at least some of them, and  -- to the best of my knowledge -- don't use anyone based in Ukraine.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

The Ukraine Porter-builders are a different company than Milviz.  There is a thread here detailing the progress of THEIR Porter build.

I believe Milviz are in Canada, or at least some of them, and  -- to the best of my knowledge -- don't use anyone based in Ukraine.

I thought i read here or at their discord that the texturing is done in ukraine, hence the delay.  

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

9 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

I thought i read here or at their discord that the texturing is done in ukraine, hence the delay.  

This is correct. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Phase 2's coding team was part of the SP for the 310.  With it's release, we can now concentrate fully on the development of this (just FYI, it was ongoing during SP dev)...

The textures are nearly done as well (and they were the major delay on this).  We're hoping to hit beta next week or the week after.   Release is... soon (ish).  Depends on how well it tests out. That said, given that we already know how it flies, moves and sounds... this should be relatively easy.

We will deal with the manual as well... (nearly forgot about that)....

• Like 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

If you're on our support forums for the Porter, you will, soon enough, be able to access the beta and try it out... if you wish.  Testing with more peeps makes things go faster... up to you.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

On 10/17/2021 at 3:31 PM, Bert Pieke said:

MSFS on a 2 GB video card...?

I do not think so. 😉

I think my video card is a 6gb, its the largest my motherboard can be compatible with.  I have it on high settings and its ok, little shading on some of the exterior views when folloiwng the plane outside, but its crystal in the cockpit. 

The card recommendation is exactly that.  It will work on lesser cards.

On 6/29/2022 at 6:26 PM, Milviz said:

If you're on our support forums for the Porter, you will, soon enough, be able to access the beta and try it out... if you wish.  Testing with more peeps makes things go faster... up to you.

Another 2 1/2 months go by and no sniff of a beta, so end of this month release still on track?

2 minutes ago, Sceadu said:

Another 2 1/2 months go by and no sniff of a beta, so end of this month release still on track?

They have a Beaver to finish for November. I'd be amazed if we see this finished before then. 

3 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

They have a Beaver to finish for November. I'd be amazed if we see this finished before then. 

They have the bulk of the sales they're going to make for the Porter, so why bother making it a priority now ? /s

On 9/15/2022 at 10:29 AM, Matchstick said:

They have the bulk of the sales they're going to make for the Porter, so why bother making it a priority now ? /s

I tend to agree. I'd like to hear from Oisin how beta testing and development is going, if it's going at all. @Milviz, any input?

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

Has this been abandoned? I haven't seen hide nor hair of a beta here or on Milviz/Blackbird forums. The following was nearly three months ago. 

On 6/29/2022 at 12:26 PM, Milviz said:

And then there was this in April:

On 4/6/2022 at 7:20 AM, Milviz said:

Now that we're nearly done on the C310, dev work on the PC-6 is back in line.  We expect that, as promised, the Phase 2 will be released before the end of June, 2022  (sometime before that).  We do not foresee any issues on that release date as we've already got much of what's going in, done.

To be clear about what we did or did not know about MS/Asobo's, SWS' PC-6's, we knew nothing until y'all did.  They all announced it after our release.  We could clearly see that although the FSG PC-6 is looking good, it was at least 6 months away from being ready. So, that all said, we released our G1000 version because... it was ready.  Not because of anything else going on.

And then this:

On 4/13/2022 at 2:49 PM, Milviz said:

The promise was to deliver.  There was never any (up until recently) specific date given.  Now that we have that date in play, we will do our best to meet that expectation.

Edited by cmorg

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

Well, they did say "soonish"

As in: when will you pay back the money I gave you? The answer: soonish. 🥴

Edited by Ricardo41