Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

FSRealistic is coming !

19 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Hmm, it says there are 24 customised sounds (?) that doesn't sound very many for all the different kinds of aircraft, or do I assume similar sounds will be used for a Cessna as they would be for a King Air? Or does it mean 24 types of sounds but each specific to individual aircraft? Ground roll in particular sounds very specific to different aircraft.

Within each sound there is option to select several generic sounds of "wind" or whatever. For example for blade flap sound for helicopter there are several option to choose UH-1, AC35, Bell 2XX and so on. So if heli is not listed than next close to this model would work

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

47 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

The sounds are kind of generic, in a sense.  "Windshield sound", "cockpit ambience", "flap lever" and, inside of each, there are various optional sounds for various kinds of aircraft, from small GA all the way up to airliners.  There are wayyyy more than 24 sounds.  Probably 24 options with 4 to 14 sounds for each.  In addition, it has vibrations...like when you're rolling down the runway.  Overall, my take after 2 days...it adds something good...it does add to the feeling of being there and it's not earth shattering but not insignificant either.  It adds various little things to every aircraft that add up.  For me, well worth the 20 bucks.  

Sounds really good Gregg. Me thinks it will have to be on my Christmas list!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

2 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Sounds really good Gregg. Me thinks it will have to be on my Christmas list!

He has a 7 day free trial you can try.  http://www.fsrealistic.com/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

After toning down some effects, it's really good, I hope to see many community presets in the future, a keeper for sure.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

6 hours ago, jarmstro said:

I'm not sold on this yet. I bought it for X-Plane but found myself turning most of the effects off or down as they were grossly exegeted by default. The sounds are something that a plane developer could just incorporate anyway if they wished surely?

I'm also finding this addon odd. FBW A320nx (which is really the only thing i fly nowadays) are constantly updating their sound modules to authentically account for how the neo really is supposed to sound and i expect the same or better level of quality from PMDG and FENIX  so what exactly does this addon bring to the table?

Yes i did watch the demo video. Found it loud and distracting. Maybe there are some other redeeming qualities that i am missing. I

To each their own i guess.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders