Sign in to follow this  
scott967

For us Non Beta Testers....

If the beta testers would be so kind...could they keep the rest of us in the loop on how the patch is working and what it does....(If you are allowed)..thanks jareth

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Unfortunately, we're under an NDA concerning the fixes in SP1. As soon as it's lifted, I'm sure you'll see a bunch of testers here posting about their experiences with SP1.

would have been nice to be an open beta, some of us are not that lucky and did not get selected when applying for beta...John

The beta process is much more effective with a controlled group.

Thank you for the info.....I figured there might be a limit on what could be dissclosed.......jareth

>Unfortunately, we're under an NDA concerning the fixes in>SP1. As soon as it's lifted, I'm sure you'll see a bunch of>testers here posting about their experiences with SP1. Hey, but Phil is away on a long vacation. You could probably get away with beta discussion for at least a few hours before the hammer came down (if we could get the mods to play along, that is).Does the NDA state what M$ would do to you if you violated the NDA? Oh, but that's under NDA too :/ ...

>>Unfortunately, we're under an NDA concerning the fixes in>>SP1. As soon as it's lifted, I'm sure you'll see a bunch of>>testers here posting about their experiences with SP1. >>Hey, but Phil is away on a long vacation. You could probably>get away with beta discussion for at least a few hours before>the hammer came down (if we could get the mods to play along,>that is).>>Does the NDA state what M$ would do to you if you violated the>NDA? Oh, but that's under NDA too :/ ...>You will be permanently banned from running any Genuine Windows applications... you will be MS shunned. Persona non-Grata;software speaking. Plus they can seek monetary damages up to the gross national product of Brazil. Big number!I'm pretty sure that is what I heard.Bob... :)

>This is not even that Beta team.>>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/>Active Sky V6 Development Team >Active Sky V6 Proud Supporter>HiFi Beta Team>Radar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/>AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/>FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/Not certain what you mean by this. Those of us who participated in the FSX beta can certainly state so publicly. As for the SP1... no one on that beta will be speaking of it until MS says they can.

>>This is not even that Beta team.>>Not certain what you mean by this. Those of us who>participated in the FSX beta can certainly state so publicly. >As for the SP1... no one on that beta will be speaking of it>until MS says they can.Jim is referring to the "limited invitation, semi-public betat team" that ACES turned FSX loose on late in the "real beta team's" final weeks... ;)

Gotcha.And congrats on reading the Vista license. A crowning achievement for anybody.

It will be interesting to see all the SP1 negative threads after it's released. I think people are expecting too much from SP1. We shall see.

If they are destructively negative then you should only see them briefly, if at all, if the mods do their job as I expect they will.Gary

>If they are destructively negative then you should only see>them briefly, if at all, if the mods do their job as I expect>they will.>>GaryA.) I plan on it.B.) I actually think people will be pretty impressed with it.

>B.) I actually think people will be pretty impressed with it.Is that a hint? (Does that break NDA?)

>It will be interesting to see all the SP1 negative threads>after it's released. I think people are expecting too much>from SP1. We shall see.To quote myself :-)"Disappointment in a software product (actually in anything in life) is always the difference between the 'reality' and the 'expectation' i.e. 'Disappointment' = 'Expectation' - 'Reality'.In almost all cases it is the incorrect, unrealistic and/or unmanaged 'expectation' element of the equation which leads to the largest level of disappointment."

>>B.) I actually think people will be pretty impressed with>it.>>Is that a hint? (Does that break NDA?)It's not a real big secret that I was out at Redmond this week. Without breaking anything I can say that I saw some things that made me think that people will be pleased with the performance increases.

>>>B.) I actually think people will be pretty impressed with>>it.>>>>Is that a hint? (Does that break NDA?)>>>It's not a real big secret that I was out at Redmond this>week. Without breaking anything I can say that I saw some>things that made me think that people will be pleased with the>performance increases.A minimum of at least 20% was mentioned before.

I think the "expectation" problem needs to be divided in to the requirements engineering problem, and the design/execution problem. In mass-market consumer software, there is little or no explicit customer input into the requirements. For FSX, there was a period in which users were encouraged to "tell_fs" about requirements, but no real feedback until the software was released. Of course, there is no way to get concurrence about requirements with no single customer. This leaves users to speculate about what the real requirements are, and makes a real "beta test" impossible.scott s..