Sign in to follow this  
MOD_FLYER

DOWNLOAD INTERNET SPEED

Hi!, I have a good high speed Broadband system with good download and upload speed average 75mbps but when I play MSFS2020 the sim download only around 500kbps and for this problem I think I have photogrammetry problem-no 

photogrammetry in my sim. It looks all sceneries are AUTOGEN.  Is any other simmer out there have the similar problem and if any body know the remedy for this then please share it here, it may be very helpful for people like my self. Thanks a lot

Do you have PG turned on in Options under Data ? .

1 hour ago, MOD_FLYER said:

Hi!, I have a good high speed Broadband system with good download and upload speed average 75mbps but when I play MSFS2020 the sim download only around 500kbps and for this problem I think I have photogrammetry problem-no 

photogrammetry in my sim. It looks all sceneries are AUTOGEN.  Is any other simmer out there have the similar problem and if any body know the remedy for this then please share it here, it may be very helpful for people like my self. Thanks a lot

Have to say that you're not alone. No remedy found so far, as I think is some sort of limitation imposed by the MS servers. I have photogrammetry set to ON, and in some areas is not good, but in other areas is good enough.

I have a question for you: which are the download speeds do you usually get during the sim updates (world updates and sim updates)?.

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Until recently (one week ago) I had a 25mbps 4G internet connection (via Smarthub) which turn out to be not enough. MSFS seem to try to use only a fraction of whatever your speed is during simming, so maybe a quarter or so.

I had difficulty running photogrammetry as MSFS was frequently turning it off, due to low bandwidth.

Now I run a 1Gbit (1000mbps) fibre connection and all problems with scenery loading have disappeared. 

Downloading the update used max 100mbps, which again does not make full use of the bandwidth I have now, but was it is still 10 x better than before. Maybe you can upgrade your speed, I think it will certainly help. Good luck!

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

14 hours ago, edpatino said:

Have to say that you're not alone. No remedy found so far, as I think is some sort of limitation imposed by the MS servers. I have photogrammetry set to ON, and in some areas is not good, but in other areas is good enough.

I have a question for you: which are the download speeds do you usually get during the sim updates (world updates and sim updates)?.

Thank you for your  reply, When I download, it's very quick. When downloading the internet speed anything between 40mbps and up to 105mbps. It only drops when it starts downloading after decompression of files and or after waiting pauses  but it goes back to top speed very quickly. A full reinstallation from MS Store takes around 3 and half hours.

• Like 1

I have 250 mbps fiber, and I have gotten that download speed with every update so far.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

I have 250 mbps fiber, and I have gotten that download speed with every update so far.

Microsoft say that 50mbps is enough to get all the good graphics including the Photogrammetry which is troubling me

Anyone else noticing high ping rates from all servers last few days ???  Lowest I’ve gotten is 90ms it’s in the blue , can normally get 10-20 normally.   
my internet connection is still working as it should  52Mbps solid.  Is there a way to check outside the sim the ping rates of the servers ?? 
 Cheers.

Edited by Riche

1 minute ago, Riche said:

Anyone else noticing high ping rates from all servers last few days ???  Lowest I’ve gotten is 90ms it’s in the blue , can normally get 10-20 normally.   
my internet connection is still working as it should  52Mbps solid.  Is there a way to check outside the sim the ping rates of the servers ?? 
 Cheers.