Sign in to follow this  
NG_Aviator

When do you fly?

Get employed by a 'work at  home' friendly employer. Arrange your camera to be located on the monitor behind the business stuff desktop. Have another desktop with controllers and 4K monitor just for sims. Run to the other computer when you hear the ding of somebody logging in.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

WORK,,,Now that is a 4 letter word that should be in the "word not allowed file".  Maybe after the first of the year I'll look into getting a new Win 11 computer and try the new Sim and finally pull the rest of my hair out!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

5 hours ago, Fielder said:

Get employed by a 'work at  home' friendly employer. Arrange your camera to be located on the monitor behind the business stuff desktop. Have another desktop with controllers and 4K monitor just for sims. Run to the other computer when you hear the ding of somebody logging in.

I can't believe "work from home" is a real thing. How can you work at home? There is the fridge calling, coffee calling ,the computer calling, bed calling, the dog calling, the outside and possibly the wife. And no-one to shout at you when you nod off.

Work?   I don't believe a word of it.😇 

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

When my wheels leave the runway.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS DDR4 ATX Motherboard, 8GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, 32GB (2x16GB) Adata XPG Gammix D10 DDR4 3200MHz, GameMax Iceberg RGB Watercooler - 240mm,  1TB M.2 PCI-E NVMe Solid State Drive, 2TB SSD, 1TB HDD.

Morning @Ray Proudfoot

Ive given up on MSFS , whenever I just want to go for a quick one hour spin I find I can’t because I’ve got a 5 hour compulsory update to download first , I got tired of that pretty quickly. The default 787 was very bad to be honest, though now I believe it’s been modified.

I’ve got my sim check at the end of the month so I should be busy practicing on the QW787 in P3D but needless to say I’m flying anything but ! Currently developing my joystick skills with the new tollss A340 in XP.

The QW 787 is good, I like it. It’s hard to say about the flight model as even having been on the 787 almost a year now I still can’t get a proper feel for it , it’s hidden behind the FBW somewhat.

• Like 2

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Hi @jon b. I'd forgotten about the QW787. Not "study-level" but much better than default according to reports. I have yet to try it.

XP and P3D allow for quality aircraft to be flown. Until such time as the MSFS SDK is completed developers for that sim won't be able to get the best out of their aircraft.

Don't blame you for dropping MSFS. Until those huge updates end I still consider it in beta.

Good luck with your sim check. I'm sure you'll be just fine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Home from work at around 1700l, set a flight for 2~3h, land at 21~2200l, while in cruise, do the meal, house work, watching shows or other things I want...

22 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I'm retired and alone so I make my rules. Bliss! 😁

It's what I've been doing for over 20 years now and plan to continue doing for the next 20+ years.  I plan to be the oldest flightsimer still flying FSX on record.  I do fly P3Dv5 all over the Orbx/RTMM world and FSX is for my aircraft collection.

But I don't live alone.  My wife of 58 years has finally learned to leave me alone to do my thing.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

But I don't live alone.  My wife of 58 years has finally learned to leave me alone to do my thing.

You've done well there! 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

41 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You've done well there! 😁

Our together time consists of an hour each morning sipping our cups of coffee.   And we watch movies on TV in the evening or if there is not a movie we like we can always revert to Everybody Loves Raymond or The King of Queens or The Cosby Show or Law and Order or Andy Griffith.  Those are sitcoms we both like and at east one of them is on every evening.

During the day she has her own computer in her office and she's as addicted to U-Tube as I am to FSX and P3D.  Or she does her woman's thing and goes shopping.  Plus she attends to our four cats.  Those are her babies.

It works out well for the both of us.

Noel 

Edited by birdguy
  • Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Up about seven, coffee, news and cliff bar and yogurt. Go for my three mile one hour walk, shower, read, lunch and more news with noon coffee. Sim usually two to four hours in the afternoon. Supper, more news, and watch TV with wife until about 9:30. I then read until I can’t read anymore.

Great book by the way, “My War” by Andy Rooney.

Vic green

Vic, you might also like Shep's Army by Jean Shepherd.

Noel

Time change Sunday night in America. I try to decide if spring backwards fall forward sounds more reasonable than spring forward fall backwards.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

Vic, you might also like Shep's Army by Jean Shepherd.

Noel

Thankyou Noel, I'll check out.

Vic green

20 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

I can't believe "work from home" is a real thing. How can you work at home? There is the fridge calling, coffee calling ,the computer calling, bed calling, the dog calling, the outside and possibly the wife. And no-one to shout at you when you nod off.

Work?   I don't believe a word of it.😇 

I've done it. Did phone work for Big Sisters of Arizona for 2 years, from home. ( Hi, we're going to have a truck in your neighborhood Tuesday, wondered if you would have any donations for us...blah, blah, blah. ) It took an immense amount of self discipline, believe me. As with any telemarketing job, coffee is essential BTW.

Sue