Sign in to follow this  
Phantoms

AIG and KATL

Yes, another AIG thread.

Is anyone getting departures at KATL with AIG? I have AI taxi to the runways, but never take off. They sit there and stack up (sometimes on top of each other) until they finally timeout. AIG TC is working and I don't have this problem at KSAV, but at KATL I haven't seen a single take off. Aircraft do land (though they're coming from other end of runway), but no take offs. Image below shows three departures stacking up on runway.

katl-aig.png

James

Same here...they all taxi onto the runway and sit there.  I think it must be an issue with the airport itself....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Is it a issue with AIG only, or offline traffic in general? When departures still worked for realtime live AI I don't remember it ever happening then.

James

10 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Is it a issue with AIG only, or offline traffic in general? When departures still worked for realtime live AI I don't remember it ever happening then.

simple reason you have not seen it with live AI in the Sim: It never departs^^... since AIGTC is using the internal AI system i guess all AI stuff will have the issue

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

I'm starting to notice this a lot.  I'm also noticing the 360 spin when the airplane waits at the hold line.  very bizarre.  At LFPG it was a mess.  Planes were landing on 26s/27s and ATC was telling me to go to 8L for take off...  A Frankfurt everything was departing on 18.. ok that does happen but nothing was taking off on 07L. Planes were landing on 07R.  It was working ok.  it seems 2 sets of parallel runways are problematic. OMDB had some weird stuff going on too. 

I'm also tired of how ugly the lights look on AI and how far away they can be see through thick clouds.  I was landing at lfpg in low visibility ILS with the CRJ 1000 and from 15 miles out i could see a cluster of Christmas lights... I have reported this to zendesk and the forums time and time again and they don't fix it.   

I wish Asobo would make AI and airport ops realism a top priority.

Just now, aniiran said:

I'm starting to notice this a lot.  I'm also noticing the 360 spin when the airplane waits at the hold line.  very bizarre.  At LFPG it was a mess.  Planes were landing on 26s/27s and ATC was telling me to go to 8L for take off...  A Frankfurt everything was departing on 18.. ok that does happen but nothing was taking off on 07L. Planes were landing on 07R.  It was working ok.  it seems 2 sets of parallel runways are problematic. OMDB had some weird stuff going on too. 

I'm also tired of how ugly the lights look on AI and how far away they can be see through thick clouds.  I was landing at lfpg in low visibility ILS with the CRJ 1000 and from 15 miles out i could see a cluster of Christmas lights... I have reported this to zendesk and the forums time and time again and they don't fix it.   

I wish Asobo would make AI and airport ops realism a top priority.

tell them 😉

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Just now, Kaiii3 said:

tell them 😉

"I have reported this to zendesk and the forums time and time again and they don't fix it."     

I have reported probably 10 things now related to lighting realism and AI and they get looked at but never make higher than the bottom of the list.  Everyone is concerned with VR issues and stupid stuff like trains and powerlines and helicopters and morphing terrain and cloud reflections. I have a theory that the average MSFS user now is only interested in flying around and looking at stuff. 

I also have a theory that the lights are the way they are for multiplayer so you can see your friends...through clouds...sigh

If this happened in P3D users could examine the AFCAD for a correct Start position and change it if necessary.

Is there no equivalent for MSFS?

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

16 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

simple reason you have not seen it with live AI in the Sim: It never departs^^... since AIGTC is using the internal AI system i guess all AI stuff will have the issue

As state in my reply, when departures worked on Realtime Live AI (before they were broken a couple SU back), traffic taxied to the runway and departed fine. I had never tried the offline AI until AIG (well, not technically offline as it's turned off in sim and use TC to inject it). But the fact is planes did taxi to the runway and take off at stock KATL with realtime live AI before MSFS broke live ai departures in a SU.

James

Yeah and I also remember offline traffic departing fine.

Did Atlanta get updated with Su6?

Edited by Tuskin38

I don't have AIG, and I just spawned at KATL, with offline AI, and I see one aircraft just doing 360' on the ramp, and nothing else moving. Something is screwed up at KATL. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I don't have AIG, and I just spawned at KATL, with offline AI, and I see one aircraft just doing 360' on the ramp, and nothing else moving. Something is screwed up at KATL. 

Oh that can happen randomly at any airport.

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If this happened in P3D users could examine the AFCAD for a correct Start position and change it if necessary.

Is there no equivalent for MSFS?

ADE in MSFS has been available for about a year now, but it's a lot different than what we are used to. Since the AIG beta has come out, I've been messing with various airports getting parking sizes up to par as well as adding in operating codes so that the traffic parks more where they should. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS