Sign in to follow this  
webranger

What works...what doesn't?

5 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Yep I've read people saying that, so that was my point:  I was fully expecting to encounter that last night, but I never did.  My head tracking worked fine for my entire sim session.  I paused/unpaused tracking, leaned over to pet my dog causing the LEDs to leave the camera frame etc... never once did tracking turn itself off. 

Only difference is, I'm using Opentrack instead of the TrackIR software.  So I was offering the suggestion that switching to Opentrack may be another workaround for now, for folks with this problem. 

Well that is totally different, this applies to Track IR only. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

That's what I find strange and potentially useful for anyone using TrackIR.  You've already got the necessary hardware in a webcam and LEDs... you could just switch to using the free Opetrack software and the problem seemingly goes away. Not saying you "should",I was just offering a suggestion if anyone wanted to try it. 

The weird thing is, it's not really completely different.  Opentrack emulates the TrackIR output format. 

Andrew Crowley

12 hours ago, tup61 said:

You have to reset the mouse control options to default.

awesome thanks!

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

28 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

That's what I find strange and potentially useful for anyone using TrackIR.  You've already got the necessary hardware in a webcam and LEDs... you could just switch to using the free Opetrack software and the problem seemingly goes away. Not saying you "should",I was just offering a suggestion if anyone wanted to try it. 

The weird thing is, it's not really completely different.  Opentrack emulates the TrackIR output format. 

Track IR software is fantastic until someone like Asobo breaks it. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

21 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Track IR software is fantastic until someone like Asobo breaks it. 

Yup, I never said it wasn't. Opentrack is also fantastic; the two programs do exactly the same thing.  It's just, right now one seems to work with the sim and the other has issues. 

Andrew Crowley

46 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Yup, I never said it wasn't. Opentrack is also fantastic; the two programs do exactly the same thing.  It's just, right now one seems to work with the sim and the other has issues. 

I have had it working since last night, I posted a fix several times. 

7 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

If you are still (lucky!) on SU6...you are gold...  Turn off your modem....

Doesn't work for Steam. I tried disabling network adapter yesterday so I could launch MSFS and record all my settings before updating. Steam had already installed some preliminary stuff in the background when the update first became available and when I launched it I was greeted by the Porter as the launch graphic. MSFS said there was a problem and to make sure my internet connection was good. After that it gave me the choice to quit and then eventually the choice to continue offline. I chose to continue offline and half way through loading it crashed to desktop. Tried several times this way with exact same results.

James

On 11/18/2021 at 1:27 PM, Republic3D said:

And now I'm hearing this was reported as a bug in the beta, and Asobo didn't care. 

Asobo doesn't care, because TrackIR problems don't affect Xbox users.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Is it possible to use Opentrack with the TrackClip and TrackIR camera? I don't have the TrackClip Pro

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Does anyone have a problem using a joystick to activate the Throttle Reverse function?

• Upvote 1

Noticed another small issue. I bound my middle-mouse click to go into freelook mode in cockpit, worked fine. However now, when I press it, it unzooms. So if I zoom in to look at the FMS or look at a button, I just go out of zoom when I want to actually click it. Really annoying. 

Well, guess I'll go back to right click to freelook. 

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

For me they seem to have undone all the good work from SU6 that fixed the performance issues in SU5.  I've lost between 7-10 frames and when you're trying to keep them at around 30FPS, you really notice a drop of 10 frames.  More stuttering and a little screen tearing.  If I reduce the terrain LOD to 100 I get my frames back but the popping objects that were so prevalent after SU5 reappear.  So whatever they did in SU6 they seem to have undone it, intentionally or not, with this update. 

For me the Flight Planner is broken. In the cockpit, FLP starts at a way point somewhere in the middle of the route and skips the Departure and earlier way points. Using Garmin G1000nxi.

Just wondering if I delete it in the Content Manager, will I be able to load it back in.  I'm just thinking of ways to fix it, but I don't want to mess things up worse than they are.

Roy

15 hours ago, EmaRacing said:

How do I get rid of "increase power and pull back yoke to takeoff" (duh?) messages?

„Assistance options – User Experience

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

22 minutes ago, turbomax said:

„Assistance options – User Experience

It must think you have an Xbox  😉

• Like 1