Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

SU7 Setting Reset P.I. the A.!!!!

3 hours ago, DylanM said:

I have found that changing the graphics options also changes the assistance settings...once you have the graphics ones set, try not to change. Someone on the UX/UI team really needs to be sacked.

Yep, as soon as I changed from DX12 back to 11 for compares...everything in the Assist Menu got changed to EASY...all I did, was swap out on ONE LINE, in the Graphics Menu...and who knows if the Controls Menu gets nurfed as well?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimBrown said:

How strange. I'm not seeing this behavior at all. Except right after the update. Changed the assist settings then, and have not had to change them since. And yes, I have made changes to the graphics settings, and I have made changes in the content manager.

I'm on Steam. Maybe that makes a difference? Is anyone on Steam seeing this issue?

Heck, just for gits and shiggles, this morning I deleted flightsimulator.cfg and usercfg.opt and let the sim rebuild them. Went into settings and reset all the graphics settings to they way I like them. No other settings were changed.

Hope you guys get it figured out...

...jim

Yeah, I'm on the STORE edition.

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

I just checked my Assistance settings, as a few minutes ago I changed most of my graphics settings (to what I hope is the final setup for awhile) and I didn't see any change to my Assistance settings at all.

So, maybe it is the Discovery flights?

Nope..not just that...I only changed from DX12 to DX11...dropped out of the sim, fired up the sim and all my Assist Pref's were changed to EASY...all of them.  It's SU7 rampant.

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Yep, as soon as I changed from DX12 back to 11 for compares...everything in the Assist Menu got changed to EASY...all I did, was swap out on ONE LINE, in the Graphics Menu...and who knows if the Controls Menu gets nurfed as well?

Yeah, I'm on the STORE edition.

Nope..not just that...I only changed from DX12 to DX11...dropped out of the sim, fired up the sim and all my Assist Pref's were changed to EASY...all of them.  It's SU7 rampant.

Mitch,

I believe someone told you already, but there's absolutely no need to respond with single posts all the time, please use MultiQuote - unless of course you want to keep driving up the post count 😉

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

1 hour ago, SierraDelta said:

Mitch,

I believe someone told you already, but there's absolutely no need to respond with single posts all the time, please use MultiQuote - unless of course you want to keep driving up the post count 😉

4 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

O5CJzgt.png

Like this, LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Same here

Went back to DX11 and the everything in the assist menu got changed to easy. The external HUD reset to default and the objectives menu started popping up. 

So I share your same frustrations

6 hours ago, JimBrown said:

How strange. I'm not seeing this behavior at all. Except right after the update. Changed the assist settings then, and have not had to change them since. And yes, I have made changes to the graphics settings, and I have made changes in the content manager.

I'm on Steam. Maybe that makes a difference? Is anyone on Steam seeing this issue?

Heck, just for gits and shiggles, this morning I deleted flightsimulator.cfg and usercfg.opt and let the sim rebuild them. Went into settings and reset all the graphics settings to they way I like them. No other settings were changed.

...jim

Same to me , it only changed after update

and i reset back to my settings and all was good but all around the Sim come in with a lot of Bugs as we can read here and there..

Hope for a fast hotfix from Asobo Team and YES this SU7 was s step back again - to bad !

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, David Mills said:

I've noticed that whenever I take one of the Discovery Flights, this always happens.

Yep, this has happened to me as well.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

3 hours ago, AirlinePilot83 said:

Same here

Went back to DX11 and the everything in the assist menu got changed to easy. The external HUD reset to default and the objectives menu started popping up. 

So I share your same frustrations

Is it only happening when changing from DX12 back to DX11 and vice-versa?  You sat you only swapped one line in graphics settings but going from DX12 to DX11 and vice versa may have more impact on settings than just that flag... 

If everything is DX11 and you make a change does everything still reset?  

Tough to keep up BTW, first you posted in the P3D forums about how SU7 is going to drive people back to P3D, then you post how you got your settings back, then it's the improvements in DX12 now it's back to 

The Game Of The Year.   ROTFLMAO!  Really?!??!  LOL!

So it seems like you were abandoning it, then got all your settings back, then tried DX 12 now you are back Rolling on the floor laughing about it...  It's like an emotional roller coaster sitting here watching it all transpire who knows where the next turn will take us 🙂 

• Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

2 hours ago, stewartforgie said:

You Guys are hitting "apply and save" when you make these changes, Yes?

Obviously not. 

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Last time I changed something in my Content Manager, all my Assistance settings went to "Easy"

That happened to me, after the initial update I had to reset my setting then updated from the content manager and had to do the same again.

• Like 2

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

9 hours ago, JimBrown said:

...jim

Hmm, wished we could determine what's doing it, I am on Steam too. So far each time I start the sim it goes back to the arcade version. I wonder if they write protected the settings file again?  🤔

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders