Sign in to follow this  
captain420

2nd time my settings have reverted back to EASY!

I have not updated yet (traveling) but wonder if saving a copy of UserCfg.opt before updating and copying it back whenever the settings have been reset by MSFS would work.

I have not seen this mentioned anywhere so I guess it would NOT work?

2 hours ago, jetlag said:

I have not updated yet (traveling) but wonder if saving a copy of UserCfg.opt before updating and copying it back whenever the settings have been reset by MSFS would work.

I have not seen this mentioned anywhere so I guess it would NOT work?

In regards to the Assistance settings being reset to easy, those settings are not stored in UserCfg.opt, so saving and restoring it would not help.

UserCfg.opt stores graphics settings only (plus the location of the sim data). All other settings are stored in the "cloud".

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

19 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

Steam version seems to be unaffected by this bug.

With the usual slow downloads for patches as well I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't switch to Steam.

I've been hit by the Easy mode bug 4 times already. I think it gives us a clue as to which assistance options the devs and testers prefer - they probably didn't even notice.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

20 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

Steam version seems to be unaffected by this bug.

Not true at all. I’ve had it happen as well.

33 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

I think it gives us a clue as to which assistance options the devs and testers prefer - they probably didn't even notice.

A tester earlier in the thread said it never happened to them.

5 minutes ago, Greazer said:

I am getting the gauges in external view. Can't figure out how to turn off.

Misc section in the Assistance menu.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

I’m on Xbox, and have been in the content manager many times since the update and have not had the Assistance reset to Easy. I almost go into Content Manager  daily to see if I have updates. 

I did have the reset to Easy happen on the one and only time I went into the Bush Trips area looking over how that section changed. I didn’t do any Bush Trips, just went there to look, and then had the Easy reset happen so I thought my reset seemed to happen from that. I have not been back to Bush Trips to test again. FWIW Bush Trips is now divided into 2 sections one for default trips and one for aftermarket purchased trips. 

Edited by Poncho

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

FWIW Bush Trips is now divided into 2 sections one for default trips and one for aftermarket purchased trips. 

That is actually a good idea, as the aftermarket ones were impacting the overall completion of the stock ones.

3 hours ago, JSmith2112 said:

With the usual slow downloads for patches as well I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't switch to Steam.

I really don't think the solution to this "sim" is to buy it again.   Some of the most basic things have never worked.  It's not a sim ...it's a project...an attempt.  

IMHO there are certain very basic things that have to work in order for something to be called a flight simulator and far too many of them are lacking in MSFS.  The most important is, perhaps...stability.

The promise or the expectation that they will someday be fixed is not enough when you consider the amount of money and more importantly the amount of time this thing has already cost without our being able to start or complete a flight unless we spend hours of troubleshooting.

We are simply not getting what we paid for.

Edited by TASCHMANN
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JSmith2112 said:

Steam downloads aren't any faster than the MS-Store ones. It uses the same content servers once you start updating in the sim.

19 minutes ago, TASCHMANN said:

We are simply not getting what we paid for.

Speak for yourself. I've gotten what I've paid for plus more.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Steam downloads aren't any faster than the MS-Store ones. It uses the same content servers once you start updating in the sim.

Good to know, thanks. It's a pity since other Steam games max out my connection.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

18 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

Good to know, thanks. It's a pity since other Steam games max out my connection.

I just use a VPN when updating the sim.

I've had the same issue twice, and I don't know if I accessed the Content Manager before, since I never touch it/

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]