Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

MSFS DC6 outsells DC6 for FSX+P3D+XP within hours

14 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

And this is why you are wrong. You don't care about the mobile market yet LR and MS as well very much care about those non-PC markets, they are times bigger than PC. 

Mobile market means so much more than you think for a PC version as well, in fact x-plane it self is proving that. Just to mention, 5m+ on android ONLY. more than 2x than MSFS on all platforms. 

If some of those are drawn to PC in x-plane 12 it means everything.

And steam deck is coming as well, by it self will probably have a much bigger market than XBOX.

No, back then the new shiny toy was P3D actually as a direct successor to fsx (released late 2010), most 3rd parties for fsx transitioned to P3D.

x-plane back then was still not even considered as a viable option by many, in expos the discussion was does flight simulation even has a future!

And if getting back to PMDG, they released their DC-6 while no one actually thought its a good option (they knew that! hence claimed to not judge future development by how the DC6 sales), at very late x-plane 10 run while people were hesitant to buy it while x-plane 11 was pending (i.e. the same case as now). PMDG didn't even update their product to x-plane 11...threatening LR to leave their market if not introducing the windows only SDK changes... All the winds were against x-plane including the "big players" in the market that thought they can come to x-plane in order to totally control it's development and demand stuff from LR. Milviz is another horror story btw in how they handled x-plane back then, read about it.

Now look how stuff turned out.

mxatp, no offense, but you appear to be very emotionally tied to XP (me and you also had a huge argument several months back in the MSFS forums here at Avsim, again related to XP, and we were lucky not to be suspended by the mods).

For me, I will be more than happy to dump MSFS for another flight simulator (even XP), if that flight simulator is significantly cheaper and better than MSFS.  I am not emotionally tied to MSFS like you are to XP.

I can't really discuss this topic with you because you get so emotional about this topic.  Calm down mate, relax. I don't want a repeat from several months ago.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

16 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Calm down mate, relax. 

All I said were true facts backed up with official stats and known history. Not a shame to admit you are wrong (for now) rather than twisting my comments on an emotional manner. Thank you I guess for thinking about how I feel?

You like to challenge others, yet, once you are challenged you steer away with some BS about my emotions like i'm the culprit for even daring, nice, please post the blackberry chart again I promise this time I will back you up 😆

Edited by mtaxp
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

All I said were true facts backed up with official stats and known history. Not a shame to admit you are wrong (for now) rather than twisting my comments on an emotional manner. Thank you I guess for thinking about how I feel?

You like to challenge others, yet, once you are challenged you run away with some BS about my emotions like i'm the culprit for even daring, nice, please post the blackberry chart again I promise this time I will back you up 😆

Ok, I have never blocked anyone before here at Avsim. But you'll be the first person I block.  Unfortunately, we cannot lower the temperatures in this discussion and it's starting to get out of hand again.

For people that don't know what I am referring to, I last had a huge argument with very nasty words flung between me and mtaxp from several months ago when discussing the flight model of MSFS. The result of that argument was Matt from Working Title stepping in and correcting mtaxtp about the MSFS flight model vs XP flight model:

You can see in that thread all the comments between me and mtaxp (and the nasty exchange of words between us) preceding Matt entering the conversation and correcting mtaxp. I regard Matt the and Working Title folks very highly, and Matt definitely knows what he is talking about concerning flight models for flight simulators, as that's related to his full time job, and his expertise and knowledge it's probably partially why Asobo hired him and the Working Title team.

I'm done with mtaxp, I was lucky not to be supsended/banned last time.  It's unfortunate that I have to block someone here at Avsim and this is my first block, but I prefer discussions that don't get overly emotional where temperatures rise out of control.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

Now it's time to go back to the XP forum and enjoy all the joys it brings to you, isn't it? 😜

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

18 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I last had a huge argument with very nasty words flung between me and mtaxp from several months ago when discussing the flight model of MSFS. The result of that argument was Matt from Working Title stepping in and correcting mtaxtp about the MSFS flight model vs XP flight model:

nasty exchange of words between us) preceding Matt entering the conversation and correcting mtaxp. 

Just for everyone watching this, I dare you enter the links and look for the "nasty" words this guy is claiming that I wrote Just to understand this guy's tactic and how he is steering away from his own discussions, really an eye opener. And for that matter, I will requote my last comment:

"You like to challenge others, yet, once you are challenged you steer away with some BS about my emotions like i'm the culprit for even daring"

Please do, I beg you, quote the nasty words towards you. If not, some might call you a "nasty" liar. 

Edited by mtaxp
  • Upvote 1

The other sims are dying. MSFS: Bigger Budget -> More Talented Developers and Advertising -> Product Appeal to the Masses -> Frequent Updates -> Customer Engagement -> Addons Purchases -> Bigger Budget.  Same model as GTA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greazer said:

The other sims are dying. MSFS: Bigger Budget -> More Talented Developers and Advertising -> Product Appeal to the Masses -> Frequent Updates -> Customer Engagement -> Addons Purchases -> Bigger Budget.  Same model as GTA.

Yup, I agree.  I would hate to be in Austin's and LR's shoes at the moment.  

• Like 1

Why is it always the exact same people who argue about whether MSFS, XP or P3D is better, whether is "just an arcade" or a "real simulator", whether is dying or staying afloat?

Like literally, the names here and in X-Plane subforum never change, it is always the exact same people having the exact same arguments. I am really curious when you will finally settle down and decide on which one is superior / a "real simulator" / staying afloat.

Here is a fun fact, you all are dead wrong. FlightGear is the superior "real simulator" which will put all of other simulators out of business. Now given you all realized the fact that you are wrong, I hope you can move on and stop ruining both MSFS and X-Plane subforums. Thank you.

Edited by BiologicalNanobot
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

14 minutes ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

Why is it always the exact same people who argue about whether MSFS, XP or P3D is better, whether is "just an arcade" or a "real simulator", whether is dying or staying afloat?

Like literally, the names here and in X-Plane subforum never change, it is always the exact same people having the exact same arguments. I am really curious when you will finally settle down and decide on which one is superior / a "real simulator" / staying afloat.

Here is a fun fact, you all are dead wrong. FlightGear is the superior "real simulator" which will put all of other simulators out of business. Now given you all realized the fact that you are wrong, I hope you can move on and stop ruining both MSFS and X-Plane subforums. Thank you.

Assuming i'm one of those you are referring to, please re-check who is making an x-plane vs msfs arguments including the previous disccusions mentioned few comments above about the flight model. All I did here is present some facts about why many developers from the x-plane world are not migrating which is related to the exact discussion in this thread. Check also who is accusing who of "emotions" and "nasty words" and whether those accusations ever happened.

And i'll leave at that.

Edited by mtaxp

10 hours ago, w6kd said:

To be fair, though, one has to wonder what PMDG's DC-6 sales would have looked like in a market with many more options.  The DC-6 was a fringe product in the other sims, and with plenty of other, more modern options available, it's no wonder it didn't sell well. 

In MSFS it was all alone as the first payware add-on from an established developer, and in the company of few other decent options available of any acft type from any developer.

When you're the only girl at the dance, the fact of your incredible popularity there isn't that remarkable.  You could be as ugly as the south end of a northbound donkey, and you're still gonna be the belle of the ball.

Speaking of butt ugly--who would have bought a Captainsim 777 add-on with a Frankensteined default 4-engine panel in any other sim? 

I think thats a fair point, I passed on the DC6 with FSX and P3D, mainly becasue I was flying the FSL 90% of the time. So the thought of an PMDG within MSFS was appealing and I am very happy I did. Its great.

I am not sure that accounts for the massive sales. Alone, some/alot yes but I think many new people have come to MSFS far more then the people that left P3D to move on. I think the numbers using MSFS and now with the xbox would be huge compaired to the P3D. And before anyway asked if I have "facts" to prove that. No I dont. But I think the sales of the DC6 and the lower costs of addon is making MSFS a booming market for 3PD. Becasuse if i was one i would not even look at P3D or XP.

When the NG and Fenix release then a think a lot of the die hards will start coming, and P3D user numbers will really fall. When I see a screenshot of P3D its looks so dated, the lighting even with DX12 does not look a patch on what we get with MSFS, MSFS imo is the only sim now for me along with DCS.

They just added Nottingham and I was totaly blown away to see it look truly real to the point my shop is there and everything is there. No other sim comes even close to this level. This could be a photo it even looks better than google. A lot better. All for free.

This is truly like a photo, how do they even do it...WOW!!!

Flight-Simulator-Lt7-Tx-MCNYb.png

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 5

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

32 minutes ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

Good One! Gotta love AVSim, waking up in the morning and checking your mail and notifications.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

10 hours ago, w6kd said:

as ugly as the south end of a northbound donkey

That beats everything I had in my collection of colloquialisms! Thanks for sharing Bob!!!

Edited by Bernard Ducret
  • Like 2

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

10 hours ago, w6kd said:

You could be as ugly as the south end of a northbound donkey, and you're still gonna be the belle of the ball.

A clear case of uglyism !!!!

You should report yourself immediately if not sooner.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

13 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I am not sure that accounts for the massive sales. Alone, some/alot yes but I think many new people have come to MSFS far more then the people that left P3D to move on. 

MSFS already had a large user base before the X-Box release.  The X-Box release is just icing on the cake for 3rd party devs that have cost effective products that can be released in the X-Box MSFS marketplace (ie. PMDG probably doesn't even need the DC6 sales from X-Box since they already made a boatload of money from the PC release of DC6, but now they just get even more money from the X-Box release of the DC6 - the X-Box sales of DC6 is just icing on the cake for PMDG).

As a 3rd party dev, you would be crazy to not develop for MSFS now, with all potential sales that your product on MSFS can possibly reach.  For sure, Aerosoft and PMDG are laughing all the way to the bank with their sales of the CRJ and DC6.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

As a 3rd party dev, you would be crazy to not develop for MSFS now, with all potential sales that your product on MSFS can possibly reach.  For sure, Aerosoft and PMDG are laughing all the way to the bank with their sales of the CRJ and DC6.

Yup, that is fact. Easy to read the crystal ball when the high quality developers migrate to MSFS.

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K