Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

So, what did you get yourself for msfs with all the sales?

15 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

I mean it's fiiineee, I'm just being a snob. Feels like Carenado quality.

No judgement, To each their own. I’ll give it a spin and see where it takes me. 

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

MK-Studios Dublin

DD Ronald Reagan Washington KDCA

DD Narita RJAA

Pyree Edinburgh

Bijan Habashi 4 seasons pack (not on sale)

• Like 2

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

2 minutes ago, pvupilot said:

DD Narita RJAA

How do you like that one? Was thinking of getting it for when we have airliners.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

Drzewiecki Chicago

• Like 2

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

20 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

How do you like that one? Was thinking of getting it for when we have airliners.

Exact reason I got it haha. And it actually surpassed my expectations! I really like it! Probably the better one of the group that I got. 

• Like 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Three Orbix major US airports.  KDCA is amazingly well done, inside and out, low FPS too, dont ask me how.

• Like 2

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

1 hour ago, Highmike said:

I got a couple of planes, although neither of them were on sale. I got the Milviz Corsair, and the Carenado c170, both of which are nice taildraggers.

I do not mind the c170 but do tend to prefer the c140. The c140 engine is way loud (maybe AH are modelling the true 1940's experience with no headset ?) but it flies well and has far better ground behaviour than most MSFS taildraggers( a lot of tail draggers in the sim behave on the ground like they have a Duplex Cyclone out of a B29 shoehorned in) .

The only sale item that I actually purchased on Black Friday was the G44 Grumman Widgeon which I am happy with.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

The issue to me is not the products, its the Marketplace and how installed purchases are often treated/shielded.  That and how the policies along with the tightly guarded SDK has/is restricting the products/options available to us.

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I just added two more, Santa Barbara from orbx central and San Diego by lvfr.
I think I’m at my Black Friday allowance limit.
This Makes me now wonder, where does “Black Friday” even come from or mean? Hmmm, google here I come. 

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I got the UH-1H Huey for DCS 

• Like 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I was relatively well behaved, only bought:

ORBX Fall City 1WA6

PacSim KCLE

BlackBox Islander

FSDT KCLT

I had the opportunity to try all purchases this weekend and am happy with all of them.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Usually I don't spend much but I splurged this time.   A couple of Central and South American airports like MGGT and SKPS - Pasto (in Colombia, it's a neat setting).  Also FSDreamTeam KCLT.  I'm not quite done yet.

• Like 3

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

8 minutes ago, Mace said:

I'm not quite done yet.

I thought I was done until a couple hours ago 😂

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I almost bought some Orbx stuff but I'm simply not using the sim as much as I'd like.

I do plan on the Carenado C337 though.

Same here, I don’t use the sim as much as I’d like, I’m lucky to get even 5 hours a week on the sim, but I couldn’t resist, I was in a sim mood and one purchase lead to another…sheeeesh almost sounds like a small addiction took a hold of me!

Edited by flyinpilot212121
  • Like 2