Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTS - Live Traffic using Flightradar24

41 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Kaii never called it a threat.

I want to be clear:  I think AIG has wonderful program, and I am not here to attack Kaii/AIG or to praise FSLT for that matter.  Jury is out on FSLT...IF it ever gets off the ground.

Both programs are freeware..so you have ask why does AIG care about FSLT and what it is doing? The fact that Kaii has come to this thread solely to question the copyright status of FSLT's models tells you all you need to know.  Many on this forum have commented (I think prematurely) that the FSLT program looks better than AIG.  I think they both are very similar but offer offline v online.  This is a threat to another developer.  It is no different from developers who feel threatened by competing weather addons or airport environment addons.

If FSLT has committed a legal violation, the original owners of the models (regardless of what statement the original owner has posted) can seek court redress IF it decides to do it.  Until that time, there is no legal violation.  Quick analogy:  If you exceed the speed limit while driving, that is technically a legal violation.  If the police sees that you exceeded the speed limit, but does not stop you, then the police has allowed you to speed despite the legal violation.  So you keep speeding and no ticket.

I continue to ask why the interest in killing the FSLT program (or the models in it)...no one seems to want to touch that?  And don't tell me you just care about the law..any good lawyer can find colorable claims concerning virtually any addon if they want.

Edited by knich
  • Like 7

Keep to the topic please and keep to facts, not speculation. It would be a shame if unsubstantiated comments led to a lock.

Still waiting for a verdict from management.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

38 minutes ago, knich said:

any good lawyer can find colorable claims concerning virtually any addon if they want.

You mean things like designing 3D models and liveries to which we have absolutely no legal right to, and that any airline or aircraft manufacturer could hit with a DMCA if they woke up on the wrong side of the bed? Those who have been around long enough and have a long enough memory know that this has happened in the past, when liveries infringed on the copyrights of companies particularly sensitive to them like Nintendo. 

Let's remember that there is a reason why Microsoft is holding back its own AI solution until they can get proper licenses from all the parties involved. There is a reason why to this day, Microsoft Flight Simulator includes real-life liveries from a whopping two airlines. They haven't even released one that they have shown in trailers (Iberia), and it isn't because they don't like to give us nice things.

Every single person working with AI on flight simulators since FS200X is technically infringing on hundreds of copyrights and trademarks. A single airliner livery that you can download from flightsim.to includes at least 5-10 issues (conservative estimate) that could be pointed at as potential copyright or trademark breaches. So perhaps we should leave the "holier than thou" attitudes at the door 🤔

It's a simple fact (and perhaps a harsh truth that some opt to ignore) that an overwhelmingly large part of this hobby has existed for over two decades on very shaky legal ground. 

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

What sort of satisfaction does one get by preventing this?

Good question, would love to read an answer for this...

• Like 1

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

On 12/3/2021 at 5:55 AM, ca_metal said:

- Can be used with stock Asobo’s Live AI, however it’s very broken since SU7 (nose gear up/no departure bug).

Question on this use case - wouldn't this cause duplication or is it an either/or scenario? Some recommended in-sim settings out of the gate would be handy.

1 minute ago, DylanM said:

Question on this use case - wouldn't this cause duplication or is it an either/or scenario? Some recommended in-sim settings out of the gate would be handy.

You just turn Asobo's AI off. FLTL's injector does its own thing completely independently. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

Just a piece of unsolicited advice: anybody tempted to pull legal language from this or that statute (especially if that statute is not in their native language) to support their arguments should consider...not doing that. Even trained lawyers who are not experts in the field of intellectual property are usually not qualified to comment. Statutes are read not only in the context of the entire statute (e.g. phrases that you may think have a clear meaning, like "reverse engineering," may have a specific and perhaps even bizarre legal meaning in context) but also, in places like the United States and the UK, in light of all the case law dealing with these issues. Things that may seem clear to you are almost certainly not actually clear. Everything to do with electronic intellectual property is constantly in legal flux. The answers change year to year.

These are complex legal questions, full of additional complicating factors. (E.g. "does the fact that these are all freeware offerings affect whether this is infringement, and, if not, what would the measure of damages for infringement be?" and "does the fact that the original model creator is both unresponsive and has not actually opposed the derivative use affect the determination as to whether this is infringement?")

Let's all avoid the temptation to be amateur IP lawyers.

James

• Like 8

SOUND TESTING
A320 Sound impression MSFS - YouTube

B777 Taxiing MSFS2020 (FSLTL) - YouTube

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 3

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

What source can I check regularly to find out when this addon is available for release?  Or put another way, where will it be released such that I can check on it from time to time?

1 minute ago, mikeklimek said:

What source can I check regularly to find out when this addon is available for release?  Or put another way, where will it be released such that I can check on it from time to time?

Here probably:
Announcement: FSLiveTraffic Liveries (FSLTL) - Third Party Addon Discussion / Aircraft - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Or their discord:
https://discord.gg/suMR56wCrn

• Like 5

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

(How long will it take for Kaii to yell I'm infringing some copyright with this?)

I'll try to get the thread back on track:

For the real nerds I have for you a video with a sound impression of the A320. The sounds will be available in FSLTL (not FSLTS or whatever).

For the not nerds probably to long and boring. 

Enjoy!

Still Work In progress

BETA

And B777 taxi sounds:

Edited by MaVe64
  • Like 9

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

8 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

For the real nerds I have for you a video with a sound impression of the A320.

The spool up and low end is amazing...fantastic work!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DylanM said:

The spool up and low end is amazing...fantastic work!

Thanks, for some reason the intake sound was much too low in the A320 video, fixed it.

Edited by MaVe64
  • Like 1

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

FSLTS....FSLTL....it's got confusing again

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)