Sign in to follow this  
Watsi

FlyByWire Simulations | A32NX | Nose wheel steering

Hi there,

Current limitations in MSFS prevents us from properly implementing realistic nose wheel steering. However, our stubborn developers have decided to do it anyways!

Nose wheel steering will soon be integrated in the hydraulic system of the development version, and realistic tiller handle + rudder steering will require some taxi practice!

While some inevitable bugs will remain until a fix, we hope you’ll enjoy this new addition! (Coming Soon).

Check out our preview video:

(PS: I feel the need to apologize for the music.)

• Like 21

FlyByWire Simulations

Thanks for this video. Just a quick question. How can this feature be implemented on a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas, that only has one "handle" for rudder? In the video it is said that the tiller works independently of the rudder, so I take it, that for my joystick this feature won't work. Or can it and if so, how to accomplish this? 

Thanks again for all the brilliant work that has been and is done on the FBW A320.

P.S.: Yes, that music is awful 🙂

Edited by hvw
  • Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

If I'm up to date: there is a tiller axis in MSFS, but it doesn't work (bug). So we put the tiller steering on the 'engine 4 mixture' axis until this is fixed. You can bind that to your controller. If you don't have a controller to bind it to, you still can use the 'old version' of steering (EFB setting).

• Like 4

FlyByWire Simulations

7 minutes ago, Watsi said:

If I'm up to date: there is a tiller axis in MSFS, but it doesn't work (bug). So we put the tiller steering on the 'engine 4 mixture' axis until this is fixed. You can bind that to your controller. If you don't have a controller to bind it to, you still can use the 'old version' of steering (EFB setting).

Thanks a lot. I'll stick to the "old version" then 🙂

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

This is really cool and might push me to buy a plug and play tiller device.  Has anyone found a good one?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Will this have an effect on the braking action while turning? When I perform a turn while taxiing speed decreases, so I need around 50% thrust to to recover. Is that normal Airbus behaviour?

19 hours ago, Watsi said:

Perfect .. Ive got Thrustmaster Pedals for the rudder and it appears from your explanation i can use the twist function of my T1600 joystick for the tiller and map it to that engine 4 mixture (hopefully that doesn't Bork anything important) Will be nice to do the changeover from rudder to tiller after landing.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

20 hours ago, Watsi said:

Hi there,

Current limitations in MSFS prevents us from properly implementing realistic nose wheel steering. However, our stubborn developers have decided to do it anyways!

Nose wheel steering will soon be integrated in the hydraulic system of the development version, and realistic tiller handle + rudder steering will require some taxi practice!

While some inevitable bugs will remain until a fix, we hope you’ll enjoy this new addition! (Coming Soon).

Check out our preview video:

(PS: I feel the need to apologize for the music.)

awesome what you guys put into this plane. thank you so much !

May i ask a offtopic question ? With the dev version of the plane i don't see the MCP floodlight anymore. All other lights and the main flood from the overhead are working so i wonder if there is an issue on my side ?

Tested only the dev version..

Thanks for any help, Carsten

Carsten U

Could you show a screenshot, so we talk about the same?

FlyByWire Simulations

Super awesome. Great effort and determination.  Can't understand why MSFS keeps ignoring this necessary function to be properly implemented for airliners. 

• Like 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

22 hours ago, Watsi said:

So everytime you fly the DC6B you have to redo the contols?

Harry Woodrow

3 hours ago, Watsi said:

Could you show a screenshot, so we talk about the same?

do you see it ? the Flood light from the MCP is missing.compared to the 2nd picture

Unbenannt.png

so müsste es doch aussehen :

Unbenannt2.png

Edited by RTK1972

Carsten U

2 hours ago, harrry said:

So everytime you fly the DC6B you have to redo the contols?

Aren't there different profiles you can make and swap between? Haven't played in months so I might be wrong.

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, RTK1972 said:

do you see it ? the Flood light from the MCP is missing.compared to the 2nd picture

Unbenannt.png

so müsste es doch aussehen :

Unbenannt2.png

And you tried the correct knob to turn it on? (center pedestal)

2. Question: do you have any additional (cockpit/texture/livery) mod installed? Try without.

Edited by Watsi

FlyByWire Simulations