Sign in to follow this  
Boeingnut

Horrible FPS

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

This is unfortunately a problem with these types of threads ... many different user issues obfuscating one specific issue.  

LM are investigating and they are aware of the one specific BGL that causes pauses (not stutters) ... the difference is that a Pause is 2000-3000ms, a Stutter is between 60-120ms ... stutters are usually CPU/GPU limitations based on one's graphics settings and/or add-ons, pauses are usually code issues (usually, not always).

Since the file (CVX5410.BGL) causes the pauses and appears to be related to coastlines then there is the possibility what might be discovered about this file could resolve issues beyond this specific location (Helsinki) ... "could".

Cheers, Rob.

Would be great, may be it resolves the infamous and eternal CLN VOR pauses when departing eastbound from London.

Sergio Naiberg

3 hours ago, B777ER said:

Did you not read what he said? People are getting this on vanilla installs, As in, no addons such as GSX installed!! 

I do apologise

2 hours ago, Caveney737 said:

I do apologise

No worries mate, we are all just hanging out waiting on the LM boys. 

Eric 

6 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

This is unfortunately a problem with these types of threads ... many different user issues obfuscating one specific issue.  

LM are investigating and they are aware of the one specific BGL that causes pauses (not stutters) ... the difference is that a Pause is 2000-3000ms, a Stutter is between 60-120ms ... stutters are usually CPU/GPU limitations based on one's graphics settings and/or add-ons, pauses are usually code issues (usually, not always).

Since the file (CVX5410.BGL) causes the pauses and appears to be related to coastlines then there is the possibility what might be discovered about this file could resolve issues beyond this specific location (Helsinki) ... "could".

Cheers, Rob.

The CVX5410.BGL file does not cause any issues for me. I did a search and CVX5410.BGL is present in both P3d and FSX. I went to MK-EFHK and duplicated your video (used the C130) and my fps never changed from the 25 fps I run.  I have Vector installed, but it is currently unchecked.  I don't run P3d maxed out and have some features turned off because I don't have the horsepower in my middle-aged machine.  I don't make any of the fancy adjustments folks talk about in these forums and let nVidia do the install of my drivers.   

I have a middle aged I7-7700K and 1070 machine and am running 5.3 Hotfix (not 1 since I like the runway lights on during the day).  

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

13 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

You’ll need to have Autogen Scenery draw distance at very high or extreme to replicate per my earlier post.

I tried it and the only change I had was my vRam usage went from 3.9 to 4.2.  All my Autogen sets in the middle normally except for Scenery Complexity which is one notch below Max. 

I'm not denying that folks are having this issue, it's just that I can't duplicate it. 😕

I'm normally flying at least 8 hours a day on 5.3.

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I did a "stress" test on my just recently updated 5.3 HF1 installation

Completely clean from scratch installation including add-ons .

FSlabs A320SL with Orbx Regions and FlyTampa KLAS

BLI ( Riddellz scenery) to KLAS

3/4 sliders and lots of cloud shadows.

2.5 hour flight absolutely no issues with stutters ( maybe a slight pause when DD Seattle Airports/City was loading but no big deal).Easily 35+ FPS even upon landing in KLAS with 35% road traffic .

Even with my VRAM touching 9.2 GB ( i have a 11GB 1080ti) , no issues with DXGI Hung errors either.

Now in contract, i tried the same flight from LHR to AMS and did notice some degradation and significant stutters when flying out of LHR. Then coming into EHAM , a MAJOR 15 second pause followed by lower FPS when approaching the Dutch coastline. 

Have a feeling that there are some bad BGL files here and there and i don't think it is the P3d engine that is causing this.

Edited by planechaser
spelling
  • Upvote 1

On 1/10/2022 at 10:28 AM, fluffyflops said:

The perfect example of this is gayasim/orbx.  

True. I remember the late FS9/early FSX days when ORBX was seen as top of the line quality.

Sadly now the performance optimization is terrible. I had to ask a refund for ESSA as it was performing worse than Aerosoft EGLL, LatinVFR LEMD, Taxi2Gate LFPG, FlyTampa EHAM despite being an older scenery. 

Turning off dynamic lighting at ESSA did not help, as performance suffered over there even on the runway with my aircraft's dynamic lights alone, which has not happened at any other airport. 

Thanks to this, I am wary of buying any future ORBX airports. With other developers, it is a game of Russian roulette as you have no idea how it will perform at night with 4K monitors. Daytime is always fluid. 

• Like 1

LM believe they have found the issue and the Beta group will be testing a fix soon along with a few other items.

Cheers, Rob.

Great news Rob - thanks to your efforts and the efforts of all others who have been troubleshooting this issue. Was it confirmed as a .BGL? I'm not sure how P3D works but presume this BGL must be called into use all over the world as the issues seemed to be occurring everywhere.

Look forward to another HF!

• Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

LM believe they have found the issue and the Beta group will be testing a fix soon along with a few other items.

Cheers, Rob.

Thank you Rob, fingers crossed. 

Is this Fix referring to the main subject of this thread?

The sudden/permanent FPS drop/freeze/fluctuations in V5.3 which occur sporadically between sessions and seemingly not for every user (albeit for most).

I say this because we don’t know for certain if the pauses/stutters caused by the Helsinki coastline (and other locations) are related to the main subject of this thread. Not to mention that this bug has been present long before V5.3.

The pauses/stutters near Clayton VOR (coastline related) date back to the FSX days and live on in v5.3 HF1.1 (cured if you use OrbX England as it replaces the default .bgl)

Edited by PinkPony

this would be welcome.  Very welcome

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

this would be welcome.  Very welcome

Indeed, I plan on doing another full installer install. Plan on wiping a couple things in the process I feel I no longer need like Toga products Envtex and Envshade. With EA on and native PBR objects in 5.3, don't need them anymore. 

Eric 

6 hours ago, B777ER said:

Indeed, I plan on doing another full installer install. Plan on wiping a couple things in the process I feel I no longer need like Toga products Envtex and Envshade. With EA on and native PBR objects in 5.3, don't need them anymore. 

If you still own them, you can do a comparison with them on/off to check which one looks best. 

I am still using them on V5.3 with EA on as I already own the products anyway. For users who have not bought it yet it is another question. 

9 hours ago, B777ER said:

I'm seeing quite a lot of such statements about Envtex and Envshade when it comes to use them with EA on.

Of course, you guys are the deciders and I have nothing to win if you keep using them anyways. That being said, don't forget what Envtex and Envshade does, it's not only about eye candy but also realism.

Even with EA on, you'll loose more realistic precipitation effects, dynamic fog colour, sun reflection not bleeding through thick haze, better shadowing depending on weather conditions, dynamic and more realistic aircraft, scenery and terrain lighting, auroras, sun effects (yes also with EA on), better water textures, better waves effects, much better special effects (contrails, water splash for seaplanes, etc etc), airport textures, VRAM optimized textures and I probably forget some of them.

As there is no performance impact, I would recommend you guys keep using Envtex and Envshade, even with the latest updates and EA ON, both still have a lot to offer with TrueSky, even more in a close future.

Edited by kmax59
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Maxime
TOGA projects

27 minutes ago, kmax59 said:

Even with EA on, you'll loose more realistic precipitation effects, dynamic fog colour, sun reflection not bleeding through thick haze, better shadowing depending on weather conditions, dynamic and more realistic aircraft, scenery and terrain lighting, auroras, sun effects (yes also with EA on), better water textures, better waves effects, much better special effects (contrails, water splash for seaplanes, etc etc), airport textures, VRAM optimized textures and I probably forget some of them.

As there is no performance impact, I would recommend you guys keep using Envtex and Envshade, even with the latest updates and EA ON, both still have a lot to offer with TrueSky, even more in a close future.

Default precipitation in 5.3 now comes with PBR, Toga does not have that. So your actually using a worse precipitation effect if you use Toga products. Envshade does nothing with EA on regarding terrain lighting dynamically changing or shadowing, that is only for non EA skies with Envshade. 

Eric 

6 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Default precipitation in 5.3 now comes with PBR, Toga does not have that. So your actually using a worse precipitation effect if you use Toga products. Envshade does nothing with EA on regarding terrain lighting dynamically changing or shadowing, that is only for non EA skies with Envshade. 

Well, I'm sorry but that's totally wrong.  I am the main developer of these products, so I quite know what I am talking about 😅

That's not because PBR was implemented that Envtex and/or Envshade do not work properly anymore. The precipitation effects are enhanced by Envtex on the shader side, so the PBR is absolutely unaffected and perfectly works with Envtex precipitation effects. The same applies for all the other textures.

Same thing for Envshade, all these tweaks perfectly work with EA ON. Only the tweaks for legacy sky and clouds do not work with EA (legacy clouds tweaks works perfectly with EA ON + legacy clouds). Envshade still enhances lighting, shadowing, haze, fog, etc even with EA mode.

That's why I posted my previous message: many users think Envtex and Envshade do not have anything to bring to EA mode, while it's still compatible and still enhance a lot your sim environment actually.

Edited by kmax59

Maxime
TOGA projects