Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

REX Seasons has been released

They had an update at Orbx dot com, but it said Saint Barths. I flew around Yokohama and Yokosuka but didn't see any cherry blossoms yet.

How can I tell if I got the full update?

36 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

They had an update at Orbx dot com, but it said Saint Barths. I flew around Yokohama and Yokosuka but didn't see any cherry blossoms yet.How can I tell if I got the full update?  

Hi dobee51

The latest update is Build Number 6.1.2022.0331 and you can see the build number on the Settings page within the AccuSeason app. If you have enabled the Automated Dynamic Seasons feature on the Automation page you should have the latest file sets. Make sure you have closed down MSFS and started it back up since you received your most recent daily update if you have Automated Dynamic Seasons enabled. Hope that helps. Let me know. Thanks. 

By the way, here are some images I just took from Yokosuka.

XInuYzU.jpg

DAZigL9.jpg

CJMa9Ti.jpg

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

33 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

They had an update at Orbx dot com, but it said Saint Barths. I flew around Yokohama and Yokosuka but didn't see any cherry blossoms yet.

How can I tell if I got the full update?

Open REX AS and navigate to Automation.  Either select the April month and select a week to install or schedule it to install automatically.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

23 hours ago, fppilot said:

When you post like this would you please in the future include the version, release, or update number? 

And I read yesterday in the app that greens were changing as Summer is starting, or something like that.  Summer is over two months away. 

Today I saw an update regarding a Caribbean airport and the reference to Summer in the app now has been changed to read Spring.

Hi Frank. Good point on providing the update number. I will remember to do that in the future. 

Regarding the greens changing to summer, you might be referring to an email that was sent out announcing our Spring has Sprung update. This references the weekly changes to vegetation that take place over 16 weeks for the transition from Winter through Spring into Summer. So when the transition to Spring starts from Winter trees, you will see weekly changes in vegetation and vegetation color (including floral trees) for a period of 12 weeks before summer vegetation starts to display.

Below is the video that accompanied that announcement which shows that transition. 

Regarding St. Barts, that is another recent update that was just recently put out, but I have not had the time to put together a post for that, but will soon. We have been busy getting a lot of content put together for our customers and hope people enjoy the current and future updates. Thanks for your comments Frank. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

16 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

Regarding the greens changing to summer, you might be referring to an email that was sent out announcing our Spring has Sprung update.

Mike,
It is just about 3 weeks into Spring and this is what is presented. "Spring is coming to an end....trees are transitioning to Summer."  A bit confusing. 

Then in regard to what I wrote about updating, I have continuously had auto update switched on but was sill on a February update (6.0.2022.0210).  After I read about the update I was not finding it.  I tried updating manually three or four times and no updates were found. Started and stopped MSFS. Rebooted my system.  Opened Accuseasons and then it found updates.  Rebooting my system likely had nothing to do with the eventual success as I totally shut down my system each night.  Cold start each morning.  So why Accuseason was not finding anything newer than February for 6 weeks was/is a mystery.

image.png.080c3c688125112ddf02949ea788dcad.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Now, if REX could fix the snow-covered runways I would be in absolute Bliss with this add-on!

• Like 2

Chris Camp

What’s peoples thoughts on this add on now versus the Bijan?… I haven’t purchased either yet as I was wondering whether Asobo would be getting close with their own interpretation. 

2 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Now, if REX could fix the snow-covered runways I would be in absolute Bliss with this add-on!

Hi Chris, thanks for your kind words! 

Our texture package for MSFS already does a darn good with that.

• Like 1

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

28 minutes ago, timest said:

Hi Chris, thanks for your kind words! 

Our texture package for MSFS already does a darn good with that.

Really, I’ll take a look thanks!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

Hi All. I wanted to let you know about a recent major content update in AccuSeason. We have released WEEKLY vegetation changes for Autumn and Winter for Australia. This gives you changes of vegetation coloring starting at the beginning of autumn in Australia on a weekly basis. Autumn and Winter start at different times in Australia depending on the part of the country and Winter in the northern parts of Australia depicts a greening of vegetation as occurs in real life.

This new content is available with the latest version (6.1.2022.0331) and does not require an application update to your software as these updates were immediately delivered by the cloud to your REX AccuSeason application!

Last point, and this is important for all of our friends on Avsim. If you want to quote something I have said, instead of clicking the link below that says “Quote” please just drag your mouse cursor over the content you want to respond to and click the “Quote selection” popup. This will avoid multiple entries of this post, which is rather long. Thanks all.

Hope you enjoy and below are some images.

yqOOpDs.jpg

9RxvPDI.jpg

kdHTn2b.jpg

1O36Ja8.jpg

YfljG7R.jpg

p8FHWas.jpg

nHbzZWO.jpg

Li48yoR.jpg

Nph80mO.jpg

C7UaAQ9.jpg

xfSb3Fh.jpg

• Like 2