Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

REX Seasons has been released

54 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

I have been using it for two days and I must say, I am very impressed! The UI is very intuitive and is simple and yet had a lot of options. That automation feature is very brilliant although I am wondering, does it make sense to only run that every week instead of everyday in Windows scheduler? 

Also, I am very curious, what is the roadmap for this product? It has really a lot of potential and I must say, is the best REX product I have ever used since P3D days 🙂 

Well, I think you just sold me!

Chris Camp

9 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

Does it replace photogrammetry trees, or do you need to "turn off" photogrammetry in order to see the REX trees in those photogrammetry areas?

Hi Kernel32. You can have photogrammetry running and the vegetation will still be colored. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

4 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

Hi Kernel32. You can have photogrammetry running and the vegetation will still be colored. 

That is most probably wrong or not answering the crucial point in KERNEL32 question, sorry. I doubt that you have found a way to colorize photogrammetry trees, but happy to be proven wrong here with a screenshot...

Edited by AnkH

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

20 minutes ago, AnkH said:

That is most probably wrong or not answering the crucial point in KERNEL32 question, sorry. I doubt that you have found a way to colorize photogrammetry trees, but happy to be proven wrong here with a screenshot...

Hi AnkH. Thanks for commenting. What I am stating is if you fly in photogrammetry areas, the vegetation in those areas receive coloring and the user does not need to turn off photogrammetry. Trees in photogrammetry areas are depicted by MSFS are large green Gumby-looking blobs that have a canopy related to the trees designated for that specific Eco Region. Using AccuSeason, using or any other vegetation product, or even going in and coloring the vegetation for that EcoRegion yourself will result in the same green Gumby-looking blobs covered up by the colored tree canopies.

Hopefully what I wrote above would be the answer to his question of:
Does it replace photogrammetry trees, or do you need to "turn off" photogrammetry in order to see the REX trees in those photogrammetry areas?

If it is not, perhaps I misunderstood and the question can be asked a different way, which I would be glad to answer.

In either case, below are some screenshots of AccuSeason in a photogrammetry area, and I appreciate your comments.

dF1umtd.jpg

sV49E2t.jpg

C4dpUj5.jpg

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

2 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

In either case, below are some screenshots of AccuSeason in a photogrammetry area, and I appreciate your comments.

Those screenshots look superb.

• Like 3

On 12/18/2021 at 11:18 PM, Richard Sennett said:

Great shots to bad there isn't a KBOS worth landing at 😞 North East the red headed step child of the MSFS2020 world - biggest reason I dont spend much time simming these days 

I load up PSXT and RealTraffic, place my view in the control tower at Boston and watch real traffic at the airport.  Not sure what your issue is.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

@MikeT707 I am pretty sure that the question aimed exactly at those green blobs of photogrammetry areas that should represent trees. Those are still green on your shots, some pg aeras have more, some less. But especially in Winter, those green blobs look totally wrong. As far as I know, nothing can be done about this unless they are manually removed from pg areas... 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

27 minutes ago, AnkH said:

@MikeT707 I am pretty sure that the question aimed exactly at those green blobs of photogrammetry areas that should represent trees. Those are still green on your shots, some pg aeras have more, some less. But especially in Winter, those green blobs look totally wrong. As far as I know, nothing can be done about this unless they are manually removed from pg areas... 

Hi Ank. That is correct, the green blobs would still be there underneath the tree canopies and mostly covered up. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I'll bite if it gets in the Marketplace. 😶

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On 12/19/2021 at 11:03 AM, Kilo60 said:

Well, I think you just sold me!

Great to hear! Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy the app. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

Regards

bs

Good choice, then you'll never have to worry about updates, cause you won't get any.  😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Regards

Hi bean_sprout. Really good comment. Unfortunately, applications are not available via Marketplace, so the AccuSeason app will not be available. We may, however, offer some of the many presets on Marketplace (12 Autumn presets, 4 Winter presets, 4 Spring presets, and 4 Summer presets), but they would need to be offered individually and not as a complete package, which is how the Marketplace works. It would be great to be able to offer the app, especially as so many people are really liking the Automation feature which updates vegetation very frequently.

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Good choice, then you'll never have to worry about updates, cause you won't get any.  😉

Hi Bobsk8. Marketplace is a great platform, but you have a a good point about updates in Marketplace. I have heard that updates sometimes can get delayed within Marketplace, but I am sure MS/Asobo are working diligently to improve this situation.

One very positive aspect of the application is updates to vegetation content is done behind the scenes so when changes are made to content, you don't need to download anything. Rather, the changes show up automatically when you apply the next preset or when the daily update task is run in the application when you are in automated mode. 

To add, an application is the only reasonable way to support the weekly updates to vegetation content that take place from autumn into winter. We certainly would not want to require customers to download and manually apply changes on a weekly basis. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Hi All. Wanted to let you know that we at REX appreciate all the questions and comments.

Also, we have updated the User Manual, specifically to provide more clarity related to applying presets, using the Automated Dynamic Seasons feature, and using Settings. Here is a link for the manual. Again, many thanks for your interest and your business. 

http://rexsimulations.com/accuseason-user-manual.pdf

• Like 3

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

11 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I load up PSXT and RealTraffic, place my view in the control tower at Boston and watch real traffic at the airport.  Not sure what your issue is.

The airport is basic low quality airport - thats my issue - looks like a cartoon warehouse with fake windows in it  

Rich Sennett

4 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

Hi bean_sprout. Really good comment. Unfortunately, applications are not available via Marketplace, so the AccuSeason app will not be available. We may, however, offer some of the many presets on Marketplace (12 Autumn presets, 4 Winter presets, 4 Spring presets, and 4 Summer presets), but they would need to be offered individually and not as a complete package, which is how the Marketplace works. It would be great to be able to offer the app, especially as so many people are really liking the Automation feature which updates vegetation very frequently.

Hi Bobsk8. Marketplace is a great platform, but you have a a good point about updates in Marketplace. I have heard that updates sometimes can get delayed within Marketplace, but I am sure MS/Asobo are working diligently to improve this situation.

One very positive aspect of the application is updates to vegetation content is done behind the scenes so when changes are made to content, you don't need to download anything. Rather, the changes show up automatically when you apply the next preset or when the daily update task is run in the application when you are in automated mode. 

To add, an application is the only reasonable way to support the weekly updates to vegetation content that take place from autumn into winter. We certainly would not want to require customers to download and manually apply changes on a weekly basis. 

This type of add-on is not suited for the Marketplace, IMO. Marketplace updates take a while to be published for starters. Also, The one selling point of this add-on over Bijan's trees is the app itself and the automation which is not possible on Marketplace. You would also have to deal with the people who buy multiple seasons/presets and then complain that they don't work because they installed them at the same time. 

For those reasons I would still buy the SimMarket version any day.