Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

REX Seasons has been released

2 hours ago, bosflo said:

I would just like to see a snowy environment when I take off from Boston and see a desert environment when I land in Pheonix (for example).

Hi bosflo. Wanted to make sure to get back to you. Below are some images of Boston and Phoenix. The images in Boston Set 1 show the vegetation that displays this week with the Automated Dynamic Seasons feature turned on. You will see that it is a mix of brown trees with leaves on them and brown trees with much less leaves on them, which we refer to as Winter Deciduous Trees, and they give an appearance of mostly dormant trees. 

As the dynamic seasons feature updates vegetation on a Weekly basis from Autumn in to Winter, I wanted to show you what it will look like in about a week and a half and that is in the Boston Set 2 group of images. In this week you will see all the trees are the dormant-looking trees. 

I do want to be clear that the weather is done within the simulator and not within AccuSeason, so the snow I added in Boston is via MSFS. Just want to make sure people know this. 

The images in Phoenix include some in the city/metro and some just outside in the mountainous areas.

Boston Set 1: Current Vegetation in Boston

tI3BNzH.jpg

C2CniOd.jpg

YjO9w6E.jpg

Boston Set 2: Vegetation in Boston the week of December 29 - January 31.

hRwmyGw.jpg

d1lb0m3.jpg

Phoenix Set

28IXXu6.jpg

IttOEp2.jpg

UEXcjZW.jpg

SMMScvd.jpg

mamPPbm.jpg

• Like 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Great shots to bad there isn't a KBOS worth landing at 😞 North East the red headed step child of the MSFS2020 world - biggest reason I dont spend much time simming these days 

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

Thank you so much, you have been very helpful

Edited by vgbaron
removed long quote
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 177B said:

I bought RexSeasons through ORBX.

No registration and a one click install. I like ORBX for this reason 

Menus are easy to follow and work great.

I just did a flight from KIZG (Fryeburg ME in the foothills of the White Mountains) to KPWM (Portland ME on the coast). I used real time WX, just FS2020 version. We are currently having a snow storm and it is heading from  W to E. Snowing in KIZG but stopped in a few miles towards the coast. Trees look great and a bit of snow on the ground about what it looks like IRL.

As I flew towards KPWM I had ceilings between 500 and 3000' with about 1 mile visibility sometimes 3 and sometimes a lot less.

I was flying the H145 at 200' above ground following the road I know well (the other IFR). Landing in KPWM the coastal fog and rain changing to snow had visibilities down to 300' or so with a 100' ceiling more or less. So special VFR in a heli was about the only way. The trees around Portland were more green and no snow sticking yet.

So I rate this a very realistic flight, and a pretty difficult one to pull off without going IFR. The visuals were right on and entirely realistic IMHO.

So I give both REX and ASOBO/MS very high marks. I can't really think of a more realistic simming of a flight like this today. I am also using Track IR and this really makes for deep immersion.

Congratulations on a great product again REX, and thanks. I highly recommend this utility app.

Yup I try to buy all my add-ons through ORBX and Contrail.

Can't stand trying to constantly hunt for product updates....

• Like 2

Chris Camp

Am I the only one getting random purple/pink tiles after installing this? Flying around Philly and it's just one random purple tile after a next. Unusable 

I wonder if it's the We Love AFR addon scenery conflicting. 

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

4 minutes ago, styckx said:

Am I the only one getting random purple tiles after installing this? 

Hi styckx. Sorry you are having an issue. I haven't heard of that before and have never seen it. I don't know if this is the case, but make sure that you do not have any other Vegetation product in your community folder as that might cause conflicts. The best route to take would be to contact REX Support via the following link and you can get assistance.

https://rexsimulations.com/support.html

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

1 hour ago, MikeT707 said:

Hi styckx. Sorry you are having an issue. I haven't heard of that before and have never seen it. I don't know if this is the case, but make sure that you do not have any other Vegetation product in your community folder as that might cause conflicts. The best route to take would be to contact REX Support via the following link and you can get assistance.

https://rexsimulations.com/support.html

Cheers. Appreciate your reply. Excuse my frustration. Always a little maddening when you plop down cash and something goes askew. 

I fixed my issue. Addon conflict.  I narrowed it down to MSFS Modern UI.  We Love VFR was not the culprit 

Philly is now perfection and no more tile conflicts. This may have likely existed before installing your addon and just never ran across it

tR459kP.jpg

Edited by styckx
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

1 hour ago, styckx said:

Cheers. Appreciate your reply. Excuse my frustration. Always a little maddening when you plop down cash and something goes askew. 

I fixed my issue. Addon conflict.  I narrowed it down to MSFS Modern UI.  We Love VFR was not the culprit 

Philly is now perfection and no more tile conflicts. This may have likely existed before installing your addon and just never ran across it

tR459kP.jpg

Glad you figured it our styckx. 

By the way, I have to say, that is a GREAT pic! Just love it. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I would keep the pink...  Looks nice! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 hours ago, styckx said:

tR459kP.jpg

All those images ... simply stunning. I wouldn't have thought this possible a few years ago.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

On 12/18/2021 at 9:26 AM, Festijn said:

Just wondering if you can combine Accuseason with Bijan mask ?

Im sure it could work but I didnt try it yet.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Im sure it could work but I didnt try it yet.

Someone confirmed earlier in this thread that it worked 😉

I’m thinking of using both.

Accuseason with Bijan’s Mask and 3D Trees

• Like 1

After using it some more, I'm satisfied with my purchase, as I already indicated. For me the biggest effect is that it mutes the ugly slimish, Creature of the Lagoon, green color of the default "season".

Is this addon going to cure cancer? No. Is it going to make you grow an additional few inches where they matter most? No*)

But, overall, I think this gets the simulator much closer to the muted green/brown tones that characterize the transition from Fall to Winter. 

• *) I'm talking about brain circumference. What did you think?😏
  • Like 3

I have been using it for two days and I must say, I am very impressed! The UI is very intuitive and is simple and yet had a lot of options. That automation feature is very brilliant although I am wondering, does it make sense to only run that every week instead of everyday in Windows scheduler? 

Also, I am very curious, what is the roadmap for this product? It has really a lot of potential and I must say, is the best REX product I have ever used since P3D days 🙂 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Does it replace photogrammetry trees, or do you need to "turn off" photogrammetry in order to see the REX trees in those photogrammetry areas?

Edited by KERNEL32