Sign in to follow this  
kt069

Free Copilot Mod with Voice Control Options

Hi Pilots,

We all need a FO. Here you have it. Heads up for all.

https://flightsim.to/file/25011/flight-simulator-first-officer-next

Copilot Mod is free and seems to be feature rich. Voice control and etc...

Easy to use. Thanks to the modder..

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

From the author:

There is a default profile that you can use with any default aircraft; however, the FBW A320 uses several custom coded system that don't conform with MSFS SDK (a good thing). The default profile won't be able to handle those configurations, which is why there's a custom FBW A320 profile for purchase. Hope that helps.

So I guess you could call it freeware with in-app purchases. Not an uncommon thing in todays world.

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

2 hours ago, David Roch said:

Hi David;

As Jim explained with the modder's words; there are default profiles included free of charge. I tried and it woks fine.

But if more detailed profiles are requested specific to 3rd party aircrafts, they can be purchased.

-------------------------

From the author:

There is a default profile that you can use with any default aircraft; however, the FBW A320 uses several custom coded system that don't conform with MSFS SDK (a good thing). The default profile won't be able to handle those configurations, which is why there's a custom FBW A320 profile for purchase. Hope that helps.

So I guess you could call it freeware with in-app purchases. Not an uncommon thing in todays world.

...jim

-------------------------

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Repeated----

Edited by kt069

Thank you, kt069 and Jim.
I'll give it a try right now!

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

wonder if this means it will not work with FBW at all... or just not to full capability.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

1 hour ago, Mike S KPDX said:

wonder if this means it will not work with FBW at all... or just not to full capability.

Works with FBW. Tested and it is fine. But may not be full capability, I did not see the full one.

Just give it a try. Easy to setup and use.

Edited by kt069

You have to understand that most 3rd party aircraft users LVAR and HVARS. You need a WASM module in order to capture these events and send them to your applications. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

9 hours ago, kt069 said:

Hi Pilots,

We all need a FO. Here you have it. Heads up for all.

https://flightsim.to/file/25011/flight-simulator-first-officer-next

Copilot Mod is free and seems to be feature rich. Voice control and etc...

Easy to use. Thanks to the modder..

Having an FO with voice control enhances the simming experience a lot. So it's good to have a one more (free?) option now.

But just in case anybody missed it, we already have a most versatile FO available for any aircraft in MSFS with Multi Crew Experience. I have been using it for years and it works great with the FBW A320 for example. Not free but worth every cent.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

You have to understand that most 3rd party aircraft users LVAR and HVARS. You need a WASM module in order to capture these events and send them to your applications. 

I believe FSFO Next requires FSUIPC v7 with the WASM module installed and active for that reason. Note that the free version of FSUIPC will suffice.

I've got it all installed and working. Now if I can just remember where I stashed my old headset after I quit FSX eight years ago...

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Found my headset. It's an old Plantronics thing. Enjoyed my two flights this morning with FSFO Next. The default mostly worked with the FBW A320, although a few things don't. I think I'm going to pop for the FBW A320 profile on Simmarket. Also ordered a new wireless headset from Amazon so I can have separate audio on the speakers and headset.

...jim

I really appreciate these freeware products, but man, the manuals are so, shall we say 'interesting'.

Can anyone here tell me;

on the configuration screen, on the right side under 'configuration' what is the meaning of the green vs white lettering?  in other words, is the action 'active' if it shows green and 'not active' if it shows white, or....  the opposite?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

2 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

on the configuration screen, on the right side under 'configuration' what is the meaning of the green vs white lettering?  in other words, is the action 'active' if it shows green and 'not active' if it shows white, or....  the opposite?

Green - Active.

White - Not active.

...jim