Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

AIG - aircraft inject into sim but don't move

Thanks for the replies everyone, good to know its not a beta issue.  Its really weird because I have been using AIG since the release for MSFS with no issues.  I'm just firing up the sim now after updating AIM will see how I get on.

Thomas Derbyshire

we have infos that navigraph updates can cause issues, so maybe remove Navigraph, start MSFS and test if it works. If so reinstall Navigraph again

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Sadly after updating to latest version of AIM, and removing Navigraph from my community folder the problem persists.  Man this is frustrating because it used to work fine and can't pin down exactly when it stopped working (or what might be causing it!)

I've spawned into EGKK and this is what I see around me, lots of AI spawned at Gatwick, Heathrow, Luton and Stansted with one aircraft at London City, Farnborough and an airfield to west of Gatwick but no traffic is moving and there is nothing in the air.  Normally lots of traffic in the air around London.  I'm running the slider in AIC at 70%.

Capture.png

EDIT:  I was just pouring through my sim settings thinking what have I changed recently.  Well I increased my render scale in Graphic options to 130.  I've dialled it back to 100, reload the AI Controller and bingo!  I now have aircraft spawned in the sky!!??  Be interesting to hear from others in this thread what your render scale is set to?  Really strange issue so far.  Still can't see anything moving on the ground but I might just need to give that a bit of time.

EDIT 1:  hahaha ignore that I had real time online set in Traffic settings (because I was fiddling) so the traffic in the air was Asobo Live traffic.  Turning this off gets me back to square one!  

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

I had this problem a couple times, what fixed it for me was deleting the context.xml and letting the sim rebuild it. You have navigraph installed so the steps are a bit extra

Uninstall Navigraph via the datacentre app

Delete the Content.xml (where it is depends on what version of the sim you have)
MSStore- \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_<gibberish>\LocalCache\
Steam - \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\

Launch the sim, close it when you reach the main menu

reinstall Navigraph.

Launch the sim again and test the AI.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I had this problem a couple times, what fixed it for me was deleting the context.xml and letting the sim rebuild it. You have navigraph installed so the steps are a bit extra

Uninstall Navigraph via the datacentre app

Delete the Content.xml (where it is depends on what version of the sim you have)
MSStore- \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_<gibberish>\LocalCache\

Launch the sim, close it when you reach the main menu

reinstall Navigraph.

Launch the sim again and test the AI.

Thanks for the assistance will give it a go!

Thomas Derbyshire

On 12/27/2021 at 7:44 PM, sidfadc said:

Thanks for the assistance will give it a go!

Thank you that solved me issue!  Thanks very much...

• Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

2 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Thank you that solved me issue!  Thanks very much...

Glad to hear.

Had to chime in here. I just updated to the latest aig manager and I do not have navigraph but just default stuff and I am having this problem. There is plenty of planes on the ground but nothing moves. I also did not sign up for any betas. I just update when the game asks me to so I dont know what the problem is. The last time I played was before the holidays and everything was great, plenty of traffic, beautiful models and liveries at any airport I visited. I hope asobo did not alter anything so we cant use aig manager anymore just when things were getting so much better.

After installing a latest manager and controller, traffic refuse to show up in the sim (MSFS2020-latest from steam)

Someone with a workaround? I too have traffic on the ground, but not midair... I installed AIG to be NOT alone in the air, but this is just annyoing sitting here 3 hours installing aircraft/flightplans and nothing above FL300..

Philipp Schwaegerl

I just have AIG quitting itself every hour or two during flight, incredibly annoying. 

14 hours ago, Zuendholz said:

Someone with a workaround? I too have traffic on the ground, but not midair... I installed AIG to be NOT alone in the air, but this is just annyoing sitting here 3 hours installing aircraft/flightplans and nothing above FL300..

You can also try using MSFS live traffic. Now that you’ve downloaded the AIG models, it will use the correct livery and model! 

another option is to buy Simple Traffic. You get the right liveries but not the right models. 

AIG is kinda buggy but when it works it’s great 

14 hours ago, Zuendholz said:

Try deleting your content.xml file and relaunch the sim. That fixes it for me most of the time.

where it is depends on what version of the sim you have

4 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

it will use the correct livery and model! 

Well, most. AIG doesn't have every livery or aircraft model in the world, so it will still spawn generics or sometimes a wrong livery.

51 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

I just have AIG quitting itself every hour or two during flight, incredibly annoying. 

Are you running TC in windows 7 or 8 compatibility mode?

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Are you running TC in windows 7 or 8 compatibility mode?

Win 7 Compatibility mode didn't solve a thing for me... it still crashed fairly regularly.  Win 8 compatibility mode has been stable so far.

10 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Try deleting your content.xml file and relaunch the sim. That fixes it for me most of the time.

where it is depends on what version of the sim you have

Ok I deleted it and will try another leg later today or tomorrow. Lets see, if this fixes the issue. 

To be fair, i have landing and departing aircraft... just the enroute traffic was missing. 

I will give a feedback, thanks Tuskin

Philipp Schwaegerl