Sign in to follow this  
bbking

INDIAFOXTECHO - F-35 LIGHTNING II is out!!

49 minutes ago, PlumCrazy said:

along with the requirement to re-map my throttle axis controller every time I want to fly this aircraft has parked it in my virtual hangar until these issues get sorted.

You don’t have to do that, simple make a profile for the F-35 in controls. I have a profile for every aircraft I fly, it takes seconds to switch.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 hours ago, PlumCrazy said:

I don't normally go to Facebook to look for Developer support, but I did look through the posts on the Indiafoxtecho Facebook page.  I don't see where Dino explains WHY we have to map our throttle to THROTTLE AXIS 1, other than he mentions it is needed for users on Sim Update 7 Beta (which I am running).  All other aircraft work fine having my throttle mapped to the generic THROTTLE AXIS, so I have a hard time calling this a sim issue and not a dev issue.  Unfortunately, the combination of consistent CTDs when flying the F-35 along with the requirement to re-map my throttle axis controller every time I want to fly this aircraft has parked it in my virtual hangar until these issues get sorted.

I seem to recall that helicopters required mapping of individual throttle axes; maybe the F-35 needs to map to a specific throttle axis for vertical flight mode.

You guys are lucky, it won't even load for me before it CTD's.  Nothing, nada, I select Fly and it loads to a black screen then crashes.  

Frustrating but I understand the difficulties of designing modules for flight sims as I've been there done that myself. 

I'd be happy at this point if I could just look at it in the sim lol......

On 1/6/2022 at 10:17 PM, dobee51 said:

I seem to recall that helicopters required mapping of individual throttle axes; maybe the F-35 needs to map to a specific throttle axis for vertical flight mode.

Allready explained above!

Edited by bbking

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

8 minutes ago, BNL2001 said:

You guys are lucky, it won't even load for me before it CTD's.  Nothing, nada, I select Fly and it loads to a black screen then crashes.  

Frustrating but I understand the difficulties of designing modules for flight sims as I've been there done that myself. 

I'd be happy at this point if I could just look at it in the sim lol......

If you're running DX12, try DX11, or try DX12 if you're running DX11 . Just mentioning because I can run Kodiak in DX11, but it crashes in DX12 

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Had a flight from Hachijō-jima to Heneda without any CTD in the C variant.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

On 1/6/2022 at 10:51 AM, PlumCrazy said:

I don't normally go to Facebook to look for Developer support, but I did look through the posts on the Indiafoxtecho Facebook page.  I don't see where Dino explains WHY we have to map our throttle to THROTTLE AXIS 1, other than he mentions it is needed for users on Sim Update 7 Beta (which I am running).  All other aircraft work fine having my throttle mapped to the generic THROTTLE AXIS, so I have a hard time calling this a sim issue and not a dev issue.

IIRC the F-35 isn't the only third party aircraft affected by this. It's an issue that popped up with the hotfix.

Edited by Tuskin38

6 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Dino has placed a comprehensive FAQ on his Blogspot site: http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com
Among the answers is, that the F-35 is not compatible with DX12.

Well that would explain a lot!  Thank you!

EDIT:  I can at least look at it in game now!  Still CTD's a few minutes later but we're getting there!

HWYzVu4.jpg

Edited by BNL2001

On 1/3/2022 at 2:53 PM, fogboundturtle said:

There is 4 different Throttle Axis in MSFS. You need to bind it to throttle 1

When I bind my throttle to throttle axis 1 the F 35 works but all of my other planes #2 engines will not spool up! they are running but will produce power!

14 minutes ago, Hooked1 said:

When I bind my throttle to throttle axis 1 the F 35 works but all of my other planes #2 engines will not spool up! they are running but will produce power!

Do you the same profile for all aircraft? if so make one for the F-35 and only use that profile for that aircraft. You should have a profile for every aircraft or at least one for types e.g GA.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Hooked1 said:

Bind throttles 1, 2, 3 and 4 to your throttle axis. For 2, 3 and 4, ignore the warning that it's already got a binding and go ahead and validate each. Done for all aircraft!

Edited by odourboy
  • Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

14 hours ago, odourboy said:

Bind throttles 1, 2, 3 and 4 to your throttle axis. For 2, 3 and 4, ignore the warning that it's already got a binding and go ahead and validate each. Done for all aircraft!

Thank you again! 

I would be lost without everyone posts and help!