Sign in to follow this  
JiBrady

ATC stops talking to me

OK, we have now had 7 software updates (SU7) and I still have many flights where MSFS ATC stops talking to me.  I only here the co-pilot responding to ATC.

At this point I wonder if my installation of MSFS is bad? It seems to me that hearing ATC is a very important function.

I wonder if users of PILOT2ATC or PF3 also have this failure?

Thanks,

\Jim

I use the default ATC and have the same, it didn't previously do this but can;t remember when this problem started. I would say I only get ATC talking to me for about the first 45min of every flight.

They stopped talking to me too....😦

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

2 hours ago, Forkboy2 said:

Same issue here for a long time.  P2ATC doesn't have this problem.

I need then to check out P2ATC because my experience is I cannot get MSFS ATC to stop talking to other aircraft.  Generic X, please expedite descent to,,,; Generic Y, Please expedite climb to...  Generic X, please expedite..., Generic Z please expedite; Generic N, please expedite; Generic Y, please expedite....

MSFS ATC, please expedite an update to cease embarrassing yourself......   (I will not mention ATIS/AWOS issues)

Generic Y, please say type aircraft, squawk 3424 
Generic Z, please say type, squawk 1656
Generic N, please say type, squawk 2421

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Maybe Asobo should make a dozen different ATC betas all of which do things differently. And then run a poll from beta users/testers about which they like the most.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I use offline at the Moment, but there are also some bugs in there (Talking long filenames sometimes),

But they will talk to me 😉

Edited by sal9000

Stephan from Germany

My System

I've only had a couple of time where they stopped talking - both occurred when I requested different approaches.  Overall, my experience has been better than ever:

• More proper runway assignments
  • More proper altitude changes
  • They rarely are late with TOD - in fact they are maybe a little too early on average
  • There appears to be better ATC performance when I'm using the g1000NXi???

Now, there are still plenty of issues, but it seems like they have made some progress.  When I still get the occasional request to climb to ridiculous (and unnecessary) altitudes, I switch over to flight following until I'm approaching my TOD, then re-initiate the original IFR flight plan.  I also get the occasional ATC response when changing cockpit camera views - it really ticks me off when it acts as though I cancelled my approach when I'm on final...

Randall Rocke

What's your secret? I'd love ATC to stop talking to me,

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Hello FPPILOT, 

To stop the repeated messages you refer to, stop the AIG Traffic controller!  Then when getting near you finale destination airport restart AIG controller.  This way the  the airport will load your chosen aircraft.

Jim

On 1/10/2022 at 1:12 PM, JiBrady said:

I still have many flights where MSFS ATC stops talking to me.

I think I'm jealous!    😉

Al

• Like 1

ATC ignores me too. It typically grant me landing permits when already over the runway :)

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

On 1/10/2022 at 3:12 PM, JiBrady said:

OK, we have now had 7 software updates (SU7) and I still have many flights where MSFS ATC stops talking to me.  I only here the co-pilot responding to ATC.

i have never had this happen before, but today it happened on almost every flight. only difference for me i'm flying the 737 today instead of the crj or dc-6. wonder if that is a clue to what is happening... (i found this old post while searching for answers about it haha). 

on 2 flights i could only hear the copilot responses, on another one i could only hear the controller. the strange thing is the missing party also did not show up in the text log either.

cheers

On 1/10/2022 at 2:35 PM, dsmbell said:

I use the default ATC and have the same, it didn't previously do this but can;t remember when this problem started. I would say I only get ATC talking to me for about the first 45min of every flight.

This just started happening to me.  Anyone has had a fix?

As far as I can tell, only way to reduce the possibility of it to happen is to reduce the amount of AI traffic.