Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

So...Does Tobii now work with MSFS flawlessly

Does the Tobi now fully use 6dof in MSFS?

Chris Camp

48 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Does the Tobi now fully use 6dof in MSFS?

Yes.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

On 3/8/2022 at 11:23 AM, Donka said:

Yes.

Awesome!

Thanks!

Chris Camp

Is there a way to pause head movement to allow for easier tuning of cockpit dials?

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

2 hours ago, Bunchy said:

Is there a way to pause head movement to allow for easier tuning of cockpit dials?

Interested to know this too...

Bruno Teixeira.
W11 PRO x64 | i9 13900k | RTX4090 | 32GB DDR5 | MSFS

3 hours ago, Bunchy said:

Yes. "Toggle Head Tracking" command, which can be mapped to a key or controller button of your choice.

++ @NoobX

Edited by Stoopy
  • Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

35 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Yes. "Toggle Head Tracking" command, which can be mapped to a key or controller button of your choice.

++ @NoobX

You're fabulous. Cheers. 

I'll set it up immediately.

• Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Just to caution that toggle head tracking will also reset back to default cockpit view - it doesn't pause what you were looking at. If you are not using the eye tracking then it is easy enough to keep your head still to work with cockpit dials etc. The alternative, which I prefer, is to map a button to next instrument view and cycle through to the instrument I want to make any changes, then toggle head tracking back on.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

3 hours ago, Donka said:

Just to caution that toggle head tracking will also reset back to default cockpit view - it doesn't pause what you were looking at. If you are not using the eye tracking then it is easy enough to keep your head still to work with cockpit dials etc. The alternative, which I prefer, is to map a button to next instrument view and cycle through to the instrument I want to make any changes, then toggle head tracking back on.

Good point. That's also how I do it and its become second nature so I forgot to mention it.  Its also worth downloading some of the "better camera" views for your plane of choice from flightsim.to which provide improved instrument views.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Ok, so I received the Tobii 5 last thursday. Happy as a kid in a toyshop. Indeed, physical and software installation is a breeze, as is the calibration.

Next into MSFS, and it didn't work 😕. But, after some reading on the Tobii website, I figured I had to delete a bit of software, Opentrack, used for the Smoothtrack phone app I used earlier. After that was deleted, and a reboot, the Tobii 5 worked in MSFS.👍🏻

Now for the in-game sensitivity settings. This is something that takes some fiddling. This is a good guide: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/settings-setup-guide-for-the-tobii-eye-tracker-5/502973. However, hours passed, and I was not very happy at first. I tried several planes, and was not satisfied 🙄. But yesterday evening, after more fiddling, and a flight in the C172, I finaly had a glimpse of how it should/can look 😏.

It takes a whole different way of sitting behind the sumulator. EVERY twitch and eyeroll throws the view around 😅. But once you learn to sit still, and concentrate on your posture, it will give you that immersion the Tobii promises.

More fiddling needed, I'm sure, and getting used to 'sitting still', but I think I'm going to become used to this, and learning to appreciate the possibilities.

So, this is my first look experience. I will keep you posted on my findings.

Cheers, Rob

Edited by robcap

http://dc2-fs.com

sigimavsim.JPG

Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.

No DC3 without the DC2

Rob, remember you can change the ratio more to head tracking to limit the impact of eye tracking or even disable the eye tracking element altogether. You can also create a small deadzone for head tracking if you find it too sensitive so you don’t need to concentrate on keeping your head still. It’s actually really quite configurable now. 

• Upvote 2

This is why I disabled the eye tracking feature entirely.  Before I got used to it, the effect  of shifting the screen without moving my head was disorienting and induced some vertigo.  I had to unlearn what my brain had grown accustomed to with TrackIR. After I got used to it and started using my eyes to shift the view intentionally, I noticed that after a flight session that my eyes muscles felt sore and tired, almost like my eyeballs were swollen. They weren't used to being put to work like that.

So I disabled the eye tracking entirely and turned the pitch/yaw and position settings up to 1.35 for both, and am very happy with the results. It seems very natural and matches how my brain seems to be wired. And I love how I don't have to start another program or put my crusty old grease-infused official TIR visor on my head which serves as a beacon to my Old Lady that I am about to enjoy some free time and therefore need to be summoned to take out the trash, put the dog outside or start an impromptu home improvement project.  

Now if only all the settings would save permanently and the re-center function could be mapped and not hard-wired to the default keyboard F12 key.  But that's just an initial implementation issue and not the fault of tobii, but rather the hapless Keystone Cops-like software developer that we've signed up with.

• Like 3

"That's what" - She

5 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

And I love how I don't have to start another program or put my crusty old grease-infused official TIR visor on my head which serves as a beacon to my Old Lady that I am about to enjoy some free time and therefore need to be summoned to take out the trash, put the dog outside or start an impromptu home improvement project.  

😂😂

I purchased tobii but have yet to receive it, still in transition, but when I get it setup I’m getting the feeling that I will have to do the same and disable eye tracker, I really don’t think that feature will be for me!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

i purchased tobii about a week ago

i did have trouble at first until i configered settings in game with some users who have posted on here

now it is almost perfect the only thing i cant seem to get right is looking at the overhead on fbw a320 and setting 

the 3 nav switches i am nearly breaking my neck trying to look up that far

has anybody sorted out a setting that will let my look that far up

any help much appreciated

jeff

jeff storey

5 hours ago, Stoopy said:

Now if only all the settings would save permanently and the re-center function could be mapped and not hard-wired to the default keyboard F12 key.  But that's just an initial implementation issue and not the fault of tobii, but rather the hapless Keystone Cops-like software developer that we've signed up with.

You can manually map the re-center (reset eye tracking) to another key or binding by changing a config file. I have done so and mapped it to a button on my Virpil throttle. More details here and it's really a simple, quick change.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/making-tobii-eye-tracker-work-with-su8/472111/242