Sign in to follow this  
Wakner

Kodiak vs Cessna 208B Grand Caravan EX Improvement Mod

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

There is also a Kodiak flight model mod out there.  https://flightsim.to/file/26513/ccm-s-definitely-wrong-kodiak-flight-model-mod

One of the best aircraft in MSFS, and this mod wants to change everything. Lots of luck with that.... I bet that mod will destroy  the flight model which almost everyone loves. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Wakner said:

For those of you who have used them both, how does Magraina's Cessna 208B Grand Caravan EX Improvement Mod (https://flightsim.to/file/16350/cessna-208b-grand-caravan-ex-improvement-mod) stand up in comparison to the Simworks Kodiak?

You can open the doors in the Kodiak. 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 3

Bert

Thanks to you all for taking the time to comment ... going to give it a little more consideration, read a few more reviews and then make a decisions, although I sort of subconsciously know what that decision may well be 🙄 !!!

Desperately trying, with diminishing success, to ween myself off buying too many addons - did the same with P3D, FSX etc etc etc ... we're supposed to learn by experience, right?!

Ads Kluczinsky

Just now, Wakner said:

Thanks to you all for taking the time to comment ... going to give it a little more consideration, read a few more reviews and then make a decisions, although I sort of subconsciously know what that decision may well be 🙄 !!!

Desperately trying, with diminishing success, to ween myself off buying too many addons - did the same with P3D, FSX etc etc etc ... we're supposed to learn by experience, right?!

Most of us never do.

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I bet that mod will destroy  the flight model

Ha!  But we recognize it is a mod.  With Addons Linker it is simple to position in place and likewise remove.  So if it destroys the flight model it will be for only one flight in my case.

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

Ha!  But we recognize it is a mod.  With Addons Linker it is simple to position in place and likewise remove.  So if it destroys the flight model it will be for only one flight in my case.

Sounds like it corrects some of the issues with the current FM. I'm going to give it a shot. 

• Upvote 1

Former Child, Current Adult

2 hours ago, Wakner said:

The next addon is ALWAYS the better one. Fact of life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Got a CTD when loading..

Bert

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

One of the best aircraft in MSFS, and this mod wants to change everything. Lots of luck with that.... I bet that mod will destroy  the flight model which almost everyone loves. 

The guy who made the mod has lots of experience on different types.  I like the Kodiak as well but there are some FM issues.  I don't hold it against them because everyone is sort of new to MSFS development.

• Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Got a CTD when loading..

Same here. Tried twice to verify. 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

Same here. Tried twice to verify. 

Deselected three addon liveries and was able to start with the Kodiak 100 performance mod.  Will not fly with it until tomorrow afternoon. Added two addon liveries back and still OK.  Suspect a pair of other addon liveries so just removed them from my collection.

In my case it appears it was not the mod under mention.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I have both and the Kodiak is amazing. Hands down. I won't touch it with mods except for the GNS750.

I do still like the Caravan mod. Its free....and it works.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

9 hours ago, fppilot said:

When does a change in the Community folder take effect? For example, if after landing at a destination I use the Addons Linker to make a change in the Community folder, then push ESC and select Restart, which takes me back to the departure airport so I can repeat the flight, will the change in the Community folder be applied? In other words, at what point in the loading process does the sim "read" the Community folder?

Thx,

Al

3 hours ago, ark said:

When does a change in the Community folder take effect? For example, if after landing at a destination I use the Addons Linker to make a change in the Community folder, then push ESC and select Restart, which takes me back to the departure airport so I can repeat the flight, will the change in the Community folder be applied? In other words, at what point in the loading process does the sim "read" the Community folder?

Thx,

Al

You need to exit the sim for whatever you put or take from the community folder take effect. 

17 hours ago, Wakner said:

I'm desperately trying to fight that urge, especially how I've written the Twotter off!

Why did you?

Victor Roos