Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

January 27th, 2022 - Development Update

6 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

@ChaoticBeauty

Going to give you a Mediterranean pine this time, my favorite pine of all.

2AC886A5-A2B1-4EB9-8AA7-84B651A89D89.jpeg

Great to see it! It's what i miss the most when flying in Italy on the coast because we are really surrounded by them 🙂

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

2 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

Great to see it! It's what i miss the most when flying in Italy on the coast because we are really surrounded by them 🙂

Have you tried using Bijan's 4 seasons tree mod? It adds lots of new tree types and places them in their correct biomes, so this might help with the mediterranean pines too. Haven't flown much in Italy though, so I'm not sure whether or not they're included in Bijan's add-on.

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

4 hours ago, Merawen said:

oh, another LEPA Palma de Mallorca Airport.

Which is the "best" one?

Theres one from Justim, Justflight and now from JSPCO.

Maybe theres even another one with the Iberia World Update?

I doubt the Baleares will be part of the Iberia World Update as they are not on the Iberian Peninsula.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

10 minutes ago, pmb said:

I doubt the Baleares will be part of the Iberia World Update as they are not on the Iberian Peninsula.

Kind regards, Michael

We never know. With the France update, we got a lot of French overseas territories improved

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bendead said:

We never know. With the France update, we got a lot of French overseas territories improved

Okay, thanks, I didn't realize that. Looking forward.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, pstrub said:

Have you tried using Bijan's 4 seasons tree mod? It adds lots of new tree types and places them in their correct biomes, so this might help with the mediterranean pines too. Haven't flown much in Italy though, so I'm not sure whether or not they're included in Bijan's add-on.

Thanks! It looks like it might add something, but i am really hoping this comes down to everyone without having to pay for it. It's one of the good reasons of using MSFS instead of older sims imho.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

16 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

The first time I went to Rome and saw those trees in person I fell in love with them. There’s just something about them in that setting that’s magical. Also love the mixture of those and the Cyprus trees in the Amalfi coast near Sorrento and Positano. One of my favorite areas to be in Europe.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 1/28/2022 at 9:14 AM, MDFlier said:

Wow! Now that's a pine.

Now please reduce the size of it before someone pulls all of their hair out. 

Looks like it does not have enough wingflex too.

Harry Woodrow

New Zealand is not being done .  It sounds as if we can expect an Orbx package for that soon.

Harry Woodrow

19 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

The first time I went to Rome and saw those trees in person I fell in love with them. There’s just something about them in that setting that’s magical. Also love the mixture of those and the Cyprus trees in the Amalfi coast near Sorrento and Positano. One of my favorite areas to be in Europe.

Ah, memories of Rome, 2017! The great thing about those trees is that the canopies are so high and clear underneath that they rarely block your view of the stunning ruins.😊 

Just looking at those pines makes me think of hot weather.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

On 1/29/2022 at 8:38 AM, harrry said:

New Zealand is not being done .  It sounds as if we can expect an Orbx package for that soon.

New Zealand was purposely left out of this world update as it should have an update in its own right, separate from Australia.  It may still become a feature of a future update. 

However, New Zealand already has some of the best coverage in MSFS. 
I already have the 10m DEM Mesh, and a few addons from Orbx, on top of the fantastic free sceneries from flightsim.to such as Queenstown and Milford Sound - plus many others.
There are some great smaller airfields.  I just counted 122 addons for New Zealand over there.

Plus there is NZA Simulations with their absolutely brilliant payware and freeware stuff, so maybe not so urgent for Kiwi Land after all.  :smile:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

21 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Ah, memories of Rome, 2017! The great thing about those trees is that the canopies are so high and clear underneath that they rarely block your view of the stunning ruins.😊 

Just looking at those pines makes me think of hot weather.

Yeah it’s really beautiful. I’ve been to Rome four times (was just there a few weeks ago), and to Europe every year for the past 8 years,  excluding the year before due to lockdowns. The funny thing is, I’ve only been to Europe during the Christmas/New Years holiday, so I only think of cold weather. I need to go during spring or summer, but it’s so beautiful to go to Europe in the holidays because they take it really seriously with all the decorations and Christmas markets, etc.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

but it’s so beautiful to go to Europe in the holidays because they take it really seriously with all the decorations and Christmas markets, etc.

@cmpbellsjc you should give the Salzburg christmas market a try if you like things like these, just in case you haven't already 😄
Rumors have it, LOWS is getting a direct flight from the States in the upcoming summer or winter season.

1 hour ago, Konterhalbe said:

@cmpbellsjc you should give the Salzburg christmas market a try if you like things like these, just in case you haven't already 😄
Rumors have it, LOWS is getting a direct flight from the States in the upcoming summer or winter season.

Actually my plan for this Christmas/New Years is Prague for three days, then train to Vienna for 4 days, then fly to Paris for the last  eight days. 

That was my actual plan for the Christmas/New Years the holidays before this last one, but it got canceled for obvious reasons and we just did Milan, Rome, Paris a few weeks ago.

I’d really like to see Salzburg, Innsbruck and Kitzbuhel as well, but if I go to Innsbruck and Kitzbuhel, I’ll have to ski there as well. Can’t visit places like that without skiing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

The funny thing is, I’ve only been to Europe during the Christmas/New Years holiday, so I only think of cold weather. 

It was October the time we went to Rome. It was mighty hot then, believe me. Probably bordering on the temperate for someone from your neck of the woods though, I suppose!

1 hour ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I’d really like to see Salzburg, Innsbruck and Kitzbuhel as well, but if I go to Innsbruck and Kitzbuhel, I’ll have to ski there as well. Can’t visit places like that without skiing. 

You'll love them. Stayed in Kitz twice, but in the summer. It's so beautiful then, but if you're a skiier I can see why it seems the wrong time for you. But it's lovely taking the cable car up before walking down the Hahnenkamm. Standing at the top of the Innsbruck ski jump is something else and Salzburg is full of history of course.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)